Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Path reworked Ideas

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [Engineer] Path reworked Ideas

Post#31 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:58 am

Glorian wrote:I have made a proposal in the balance forum for casting turrets on the move.

Make sure to NOT POST in the proposal thread.
ONLY POST in the discussion thread if it is moved there.

@moving the Crit tactic:
Our Dps tinkerer loves the tactic where it is. So please not make Grenadier viable by removing it from Tinkerer.
Gj with proposal lesti . Mythic planned to make turret castable on the move at 1.4.9.

For crit tactic : tinkerer still can take it in grenadier path , and tactic that take place of crit tactic in tinkerer tree would be better especially with magnet : when you use barble wire , any enemy catched has to stop moving or as long as they attempt to move they receive damages (like gork says stop) . But this is only my PoV
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Glorian

Post#32 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:24 am

GROTRUK wrote:Hey ! this is me i want my epic mount!
Grunbag wrote:Here a video of warlock engineer using doomrocket : (exemple at 1m05)
https://youtu.be/ffRobAxl9hw
Grunbag wrote: You can see here how powerful Death Globe is compared to napalm https://youtu.be/L8itJVccXWA look at yellow bubbling warpfluid
So doomrocket is an AoE knockdown. Which Knocks yourself also down.

And death globe is deadlier then oil.
1500 damage per sec and 2k crits every sec.
Napalm is around 300-500 per tic. And that comes every two or three secs.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#33 » Sun May 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Bah Thumbs up for cast turret on the move! I hope so much..... Mayb i play my engi and magus again
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Glorian

Post#34 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:Bah Thumbs up for cast turret on the move! I hope so much..... Mayb i play my engi and magus again
It seems like there are some or better a lot of changes incoming for Engi when client control comes in.
So maybe withhold more Engi proposals atm. ;)

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#35 » Sun May 21, 2017 4:09 pm

Hope so..... Its time for a playable and i mean a rly playable engi / magus not a situationel " okay than take the engi or magus If we dont have a better dps..."

I love engi magus... But my **** dps shammy is better in small scale :(
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

naugrim

Post#36 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:16 pm

Some ideas to make path of grenadier tree playable :

"Bombardment turret got a tricky buff , hard to understand for the majority of the players . Replacing the dot tick interval reduce by a +5% crit would be more simple to understand"

1.) Interesting idea the 5% crit but even with max bonus around 45% crit he has no real effect so give more crit will be not a solution to make this tree playable.

Proposal 1 : I got another one "give all grenade +25% damage bonus as long as the bombardement turret is active? May you should test it in internal server before any change.

Proposal 2 : Sticky bomb may be x4 damage at the end of effect.

Proposal 3 : Napalm is the core of the tree may be add +25% damage or better apply proposal 2

Question 1 : is the bombardement dot tick bonus is working with napalm (more tick)?

Glorian

Post#37 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Check the Turret Handbook:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=22034

Bombard doesn't help on Napalm.

Finalboss

Post#38 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:46 am

All for deploy-able turret on the move.

Ads
biotek

Post#39 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:49 pm

Gonna necro just to give a little input from retail and from my own perspective on the class during that time. These ideas may not match up with the RoR mindset or meta.

First of all, I've always viewed the Engineer as a pressure class. That is, it's not a class designed to secure kills but rather a class that makes it easier for the rest of the group to do so. It has a few different ways to do this, of course, depending on the mastery chosen.

1. Rifleman
Direct pressure on low armor targets such as sorceresses, healers, and witch elves. Can occasionally secure kills. Longer range lets you reach the back line.

2. Grenadier
Mid-range group level pressure. The damage alone wasn't impressive but during retail it was often enough to weaken the effect of enemy healing to an extent that allowed the group to burst more effectively. This was especially the case with Unshakable Focus. Ideal for keep defense, area "denial", and general purpose pressure.

3. Tinkerer
Group support and close range pressure. To me this was always the roamer/small group build, in addition to bottleneck defense. This mastery pressures mostly melee groups or tightly packed attackers/defenders. Magnet for enemy displacement, useful in a lot of different ways. This line is also the debuffer version of engi depending on tactics, etc.

All three of these have limited tools to get kills but they all have specific roles and options to keep pressure on the enemy. I never played it as a standard nuker DPS and I always felt confident that I helped our WBs get kills or hold the line. With UF the kills would often happen - it was enough to overwhelm heals in many scenarios (not the game mode, the concept).

Summary:
Rifleman - Long range poke, occasional kill.
Grenadier - Keep defense and area denial.
Tinkerer - Bottleneck defense and group support.

Glorian

Post#40 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:19 pm

Interesting Summary Biotek. But what is your point? Apart from stating information every Engi already knows?

Pressure class the Engi was, but without the burst is it all fluff damage.