[Engi] The Ultimate Bitterstone Engineer Guide

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
hogun

Re: [Engi] The Ultimate Bitterstone Engineer Guide

Post#31 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:16 am

hello,

my best solution is :
1 IB ( guard bot + debuff heal) strong def to survive
1 RP(or 2) strong def to survive a lot
4 ingi ( or 3) AOE ( 1 napalm max) all kegg , magnet and all strong def, mine debuff cd, turette PA

domage base in syncro , magnet + burst corporal domage finish with gunblast

survive and burst again

kill big heal with M3 Engi only X2 need
when our heal are safe, IB can debuff heal 3 healer easy ,
nobody survive in 4 ingi AOE syncro
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Ads
Glorian

Post#32 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:22 am

hogun wrote:hello,

my best solution is :
1 IB ( guard bot + debuff heal) strong def to survive
1 RP(or 2) strong def to survive a lot
4 ingi ( or 3) AOE ( 1 napalm max) all kegg , magnet and all strong def, mine debuff cd, turette PA

domage base in syncro , magnet + burst corporal domage finish with gunblast

survive and burst again

kill big heal with M3 Engi only X2 need
when our heal are safe, IB can debuff heal 3 healer easy ,
nobody survive in 4 ingi AOE syncro
Yes Hogun. That is the current AoE RvR Engi group. Magnet, Napalm, Corp melt, repeat.

The party Footpatroll is talking about is a single target setup for fun, SCs, Wallsniping.

hogun

Post#33 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:40 am

I should not have participated in conversations in English :)
huhu, I have to admit that I did not all understand but my answer works the same in a certain way because a tanky team also wins the bg, in the way it is necessary to survive long enough to kill the first healer with an M3 if this is a big team, so focus the second when he rez his buddy. the snipe has my sense does not work well because of its big cast time, the snipe is good for the solo or the def keep :)
DAMMAZ KRON !

hogun

Post#34 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 am

and alt tab to answer the post ... I died like a dung on a BO .. afk BO it's bad :)
DAMMAZ KRON !

footpatrol2

Post#35 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:08 am

Glorian wrote:The ST stagger and overall setup is quite interesting. It should work well together with some sniper engineers to get the target down.
Not really a ranged knockdown but snare should work too.
The Sniper Squad has usually the problem that the target realizes it is focused and retreats healing itself.

And yes, this is not a 6vs6 setup. And you don't build a warband with only that setup. But you can use it as a third or fourth group in a warband.
Time your snipes on the target. Time your turret attacks also. Time your turret and snipe/gun blast to hit at the same time on all the engineer's. So all the damage is delivered at one time, obviously use hip shot after the snipe to further increase the damage. Targets should just drop from 100% to zero or 100% to like 15%. You can't put damage on the target beforehand because you'll signal their healer's that they need focus. The ST stagger is for set up on the next target. Sometimes your snipe is on cooldown and you need some time to snipe the next person or you need time to hard cast snipe/gun blast. ST stagger buys you that time.

When you pick a target have everything delivered at one time even with your runepriests casting Rune of Striking followed by immolation at the time of your snipe (for the snare) or Rune of Striking followed by Rune of Fire. Obviously healing takes priority over assisting damage. You want your runepriests to sneak in as much damage instant casts as possible to hopefully land a heal debuff. Heal debuff might not matter at all thou depending on your damage output.

The cool thing this group can do also is create a dead space in a keep defense. Your kinda literally providing suppressing fire over the opposition if your on the wall in a keep defense with the sniper squad. The opposition will respect your threat range because your ST killing player's within range. What does this do? This allows for your other groups to operate under the safety of your threat range.
So the
Glorian wrote:current AoE RvR Engi group. Magnet, Napalm, Corp melt, repeat
group can operate under the safety of your threat range from your sniper squad. The hard counter which almost noyone run's is a very well organized/coordinated HTL group. Getting everyone under the blanket of HTL is not something most player's are accustomed too or willing to partake in/even think about so that allows you to punish those player's that are unwilling to be organized/coordinated.

fastcore

Post#36 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:03 pm

What engi spec is the best suitable for t1-t2 solo roaming and wars for teritories?

Shalktonin

Post#37 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Although it's my RP that is in BT i'm looking for some suggestions on helping my engi (level 26) who seems to be under performing lately.
http://www.ror.builders/career/engineer ... =3662,3637

This is the build I have right now, and in open field/keep sieges/keep defence it doesn't do badly, but it seems to be lacking in SCs lately. my best result once was a 131k dmg in a Howling ogrge scenario but that was an anomaly because no one came at me. Currently my lead off is incendiary round followed by hip shot, then gun blasts with the hollow point tactic up, and if i'm targeting a healer usually a flashbang to interrupt them.

I'm not married to any Mastery tree and my engi originally was going to be Grenadier spec but i'm just not sure about it. My Unbolstered BS is 455 i've just started equipping the devestartor set but have been using obliterator with a mix of green pickups for my other slots.

Any help in this area or suggestions as to what i should be looking for I would really appreciate.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

pfs2222

Post#38 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:06 pm

My action bars are a complete mess. Could you please show me your bars for rvr and pve ? Which grenades and turrets do you use ?

Bomfur - Runepriest / Glamdulin - Ironbreaker / Tunggdil - Engineer /Snorrij - Slayer

Ads
randomeclipse

Post#39 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Great guide, thanks for posting - lots of useful information.

Knurrbart

Post#40 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:03 pm

fastcore wrote:What engi spec is the best suitable for t1-t2 solo roaming and wars for teritories?
Well, supposedly my answer comes late and I m afraid not to have a good anwer, as I m facing the same problem. Anyone feel free to correct me!

For single roaming it seems not to matter too much which build or play style you use. You can get down 1-3 NPCs. For Champions of public quests you need to cooperate with players anyways. Try to kite them if you have too less companions.

For territory battles I guess the best is to try to hunt the enemy healer or sorcerers. Most of the abilities mentioned in the guids for "Armor Tinkerer" or "Armor Grenadier" are not available for T1-2. Therefore those tactics wont work.
So try to flank the "mosh pits", build up the gun turret and disturb the healers as long as possible until some melee instant kills you.

So far my experience, fell free to correct/blame/flame!
Knurrbart - as harumphy as a dwarf can be
Arkha - as old as a dwarf can be
Njoerda - as triggerhappy as a dwarf can be