Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] The Ultimate Bitterstone Engineer Guide

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mcgotrek

Re: [Engi] The Ultimate Bitterstone Engineer Guide

Post#11 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Collateral wrote:(...)Always try to get into a fight before other warbands arrive (you mostly are anyway, since you always stand your ground). This will make it a bit harder to drain morales, and should give you a slight edge if you manage to coordinate well(...)
Hey man

Can you explain why us getting into the fight asap will make it harder to drain our morale?
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

Ads
Collateral

Post#12 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Well, if you look at it from numbers perspective. You will already have some morale, perhaps even M1. Marauders have a 10s (lasts 5s) cd on their ability, so you can't spam it. It is a problem if multiple maras rotate it of course, or if you have chop fasta (which we almost never have anymore). So there is a chance you will get some morale again, that's why I said it's a slight edge. And that's also why I asked if you are using flashbangs and if they're any good. If you manage to interrupt most of the damage, you might get to M2.

Thus all theorycrafting, and would really have to be put to a test.

Edit: I was looking at only one ability of marauder, my bad, I'm not an expert :P The 25% chance to drain morale tactic is what hurts you. I'm actually not well informed on what tree our maras use, but I'm sure it's this one. It changes my point for quite a bit. Fighting against that kind of morale drain is simply too hard yes. Unless you have your elven friends with you that can help you get some morale back, it's almost certainly pointless to hope for morales. But, it doesn't mean that every mara is specced like this, at least the random people in the zone. Maybe one day you could consider to ignore the grudges of the elfs, and let them join your ranks :)

Glorian

Post#13 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Collateral wrote:.....Maybe one day you could consider to ignore the grudges of the elfs, and let them join your ranks :)
Before that the Chaos Wastes will be an holiday Resort. :lol:

Mcgotrek

Post#14 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 pm

I always use flashbang when I see you guys and TUP move towards us. I take it that they're working as intended but I dont really feel a difference as we're often getting overwhelmed pretty quickly. Thanks for explaning :)
Lowki Lyesmith
Mogens Wyrdmake

Collateral

Post#15 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Mcgotrek wrote:I always use flashbang when I see you guys and TUP move towards us. I take it that they're working as intended but I dont really feel a difference as we're often getting overwhelmed pretty quickly. Thanks for explaning :)
You see, the point is to use them at an exactly certain point, that being morale drops. So don't waste it instantly when you see us, wait for morales. As I said, I absolutely recommend NervAlert addon, you will know exactly when you are hit by morales (I think you can modify it to any ability actually).

Mcgotrek

Post#16 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Collateral wrote:
Mcgotrek wrote:I always use flashbang when I see you guys and TUP move towards us. I take it that they're working as intended but I dont really feel a difference as we're often getting overwhelmed pretty quickly. Thanks for explaning :)
You see, the point is to use them at an exactly certain point, that being morale drops. So don't waste it instantly when you see us, wait for morales. As I said, I absolutely recommend NervAlert addon, you will know exactly when you are hit by morales (I think you can modify it to any ability actually).
Where can I find NervAlert? :D
Lowki Lyesmith
Mogens Wyrdmake

Asherdoom

Post#17 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Personally i run this spec as siniper:

RoR.builders - Engineer
strafing run saved me lot of times especially when solo and is a a better version of concussion grenade. Keg is kinda useless if you g sniper if you ask me. 200 healing is nothing to be considered of... and stacking willpower to increase his healing potntial is somewhat useless because force me to renounce to damage...

as per renown: deft defender capped then all ballistic skills/crit

talis: BS

Glorian

Post#18 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:58 pm

The keg is a group utility not a solo utility.
If you run in a keep Siege you need the keg to hold up against AoE cannons. And yes putting willpower on your Engi is useless.
If you have an IB ousthfriend with an WP 200 buff or an Runepriest Rune you can dish out a lot of more heals.

Also it may have been increased to 60 ft. But it is still a stationery tool. Meaning your party must be focused on a hopping trench warfare style. From turret stop to turret stop.

As said, for that you need the correct party. 3 kegsnipers and a Runi can survive quite a while at a tower to get their kills.

Ads
Karast

Post#19 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Collateral wrote:
So you want them to not interrupt your htl and heals in the hopes of interrupting a raze bomb? Even the sharpest player is not going to get a flash bang off once the raze is spotted for at least 1s + reaction time. Holding all the flash bangs for that is a waste.

With the number of engi's BT usually runs it is better to do a rotation to screw with group healing, and now SH AoE spam. Add in a few landmines with concussive and all your dps outside of morales is slowed / shutdown.

Targeting landmine / flash bang on key healers and rez'ers is extremely effective, and a rotation of 2-3 engi's + a tank or two can really make a dent in healing effectiveness with a little coordination.

Glorian

Post#20 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:32 pm

Yes. For that you need one or two concussive Engies staying on Gunturret and putting the mines there.

Interrupting a Raze drop is imo impossible. You feel it at the second hit, and if you then hit the 1 sec cast, plus fligt time. The Raze is usually already done.