Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Build: Armor Tinkerer

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

[Engi] Build: Armor Tinkerer

Post#1 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:42 am

Armor Tinkerer

Description:
The Armor tinkerer is one of my preferred setups. It is a heavy Armor, Toughness, Wound build which therefore neglects BS as a main stat. None the less you can still dish out a lot of corp damage and life to tell the tale. Also this setup can hold out against two SnB Tanks indefinitely. Well you can’t kill them both when they crossguard, but they can’t kill you either. What can there be any better than to put up a keg to heal your party members, put on Acid bombs or them for your engineer brothers dots to really hurt them.

So you on your own can take on We's 1vs 1 and even some Destro MDPS. What you can’t kill are Healers on your own as you lack the raw DPS. For that you need your Group or your Warband.

The main idea of the Armor Tinkerer is staying alive, heal the group, debuff Destro, Suck them in with the Magnet and uphold the 1-Minute-defence-cycle with their M2 Armor Plating Moral.

Build:
Armor Tinkerer

Rotation:
Flame Turret (when down) -> Keg -> Rod (Keep this up allways)

Magnet -> Self Destruct -> Friction burn -> Static discharge (If Magnet is available)

Friciton Burn -> Static discharge -> Blunderbuss Blast and mix in some Acid Bombs for the Debuff.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
The Knockdown of Self Destruct and the stagger of the Landmine have the same immunity. So don’t use Magnet on a Landmine and then try to use Self Destruct. Either Landmine or Self Destruct. Or use the Landmine after the Self Destruct just for the Damage.

Jewels/Talismans:
Armor, Toughness, Wounds.
The Tome of Knowledge Set which composes of these three items gives you another boost of 240 armor.
Also the T4 belt … something something of Wrath gives 102 resists on everything. Get it.

Pots:
Usually I would say Armor and Toughness.
If you know you have an IB guarding you and giving you oathfriend most of his buffs don’t stack with armor pots and toughness pots.
Then and only then can you go Spirit Resistance pots and BS pots.

Renown:
Deft Defender full.
Toughness
Wounds

Modifications:
If you run in the Warband and have plenty of Tinkerers with Extra Ammo, you can change the fourth tactic into something more fun. Be it a simple BS tactic or Concussive Mine. There will be a separate thread for concussive mine, as this baby ruins destros lifes very thoroughly. With the Flame turret up you can only put it very close to your position, but in Keep fights there will be healers and sorcs in that range.
Last edited by Glorian on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Re: [Engi] Build: Armor Tinkerer

Post#2 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:06 pm

You forgot one essential part:

If you have access to a pocket IB, ditch toughness for parry - 'dem 42% parry and ~68%(?) disrupt/dodge [HtL, DD, flameturret].

And more importantly:

If you don't have access to a pocket IB, you are doing it wrong - that applies to every midget buisness, beards gotta meet to make ends meet.

Glorian

Post#3 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:37 am

Pocket IBs are rare these days. Slayers want them, then Runis, and 2h IBs as well if they are not themself an 2hIB. ;)

Asherdoom

Post#4 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:23 pm

what about armor set? better mercenary or ruin? or go straight conqueror? i see all armors give mostly BS and ranged power, no thoughness no wounds in excess for thinkerers

Glorian

Post#5 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:29 pm

The best Armor Tinkerer Armor is SC Dominator Armor.
Lots of defense stuff and that juicy Damage absorption on top.

Asherdoom

Post#6 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:34 pm

so dominator set for armor tinkerer and annihilator for kegsnper right?
and tweaking around isnt better flat wounds for tali or corporeal/ele resistance?
armor we got a lot by ourself but many enemy dps got skills which otaly bypass armor so i dont see the advantage of armor talis over flat wounds or ele/corp resistance (to counter enemy caster burst

Glorian

Post#7 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:03 pm

For kegsnipers you use anni until you got conqueror.
Latest test show that WS isn't really the best to spec or equip, but you get a shitload on top with conqueror, so it helps if you have it for free.

Armor tinkerer: if you use the tok jewel set you are already pretty high on resists. With armor talis you go to 80 or 85% armor mitigation. If you are reduced you are still near 75% which is the armor cap.

Vs sorcs and Mdps you have deft defender and flame turret.

Overall I don't go full armor talis but build in 1 or 2 wound talis.

Asherdoom

Post#8 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:44 pm

thanks that really helped gonna test and feedback that tinkerer way :)

Ads
pfs2222

Post#9 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Some questions here, mainly equipment (as Dominator is insanely hard to complete) - full Anni gives 62 Toughness and 240 Armor, full Conq only 66 Toughness and obviously higher base Armor. Wouldn´t it be OK to go for Anni ?

Any cape and belt recommendations (besides conq belt) ?

And what is the "tok jewel set" ?

My engineer is now 40/41 and wears full ruin. VERY far away from full Conq as this requires ~ 1700 medals or much luck with gold bags. Going for full armour tinkerer spec.

Bomfur - Runepriest / Glamdulin - Ironbreaker / Tunggdil - Engineer /Snorrij - Slayer

Dhavos

Post#10 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:26 am

Sure you can use Anni. 40/48 now and I am using it since i can equip it.

I don't know what Cape but I would recommend the Def Belt from t4 Inf