Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Build: Kegsniper - Mk IV ‘Thorbold Pattern’ 16.11.2021

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Re: [Engi] Build: Kegsniper

Post#31 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:09 am

Annihilator Set has also one point of Mastery I think.

Ads
Hulurtin

Post#32 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Glorian wrote:Annihilator Set has also one point of Mastery I think.
yep that too...maybe ruin is the easiest to get...i think u can get the full set in a good day of grinding it :)
Hulurtin - Ironbreaker Corporal
Thorgikanzon - Slayer warrior
Alrid - Engineer recruit
Alridokya - Runepriest recruit

Kragg

Post#33 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 am

I personally feel the keg takes alot of time for a sniper to use, on top of two seconds build time of the turret. Positioning is of much greater importance. In short, a sniper needs a front line to operate behind or make use of the terrain, like for example the stairs in the Reikland scenario or a bush to hide in along the road.

For now I am busy gettign full genesis and full conq which will allow me, with Tracer runds and RR, to push my glass cannon build up to 45% Crit %. I add Quick reloader for that rapid fire and I am good to go. In one of our sniper squads we wreck havoc among Destro where 2/3 thunderers aim for the same target. <3
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Glorian

Post#34 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Kragg wrote:I personally feel the keg takes alot of time for a sniper to use, on top of two seconds build time of the turret. Positioning is of much greater importance. In short, a sniper needs a front line to operate behind or make use of the terrain, like for example the stairs in the Reikland scenario or a bush to hide in along the road.

For now I am busy gettign full genesis and full conq which will allow me, with Tracer runds and RR, to push my glass cannon build up to 45% Crit %. I add Quick reloader for that rapid fire and I am good to go. In one of our sniper squads we wreck havoc among Destro where 2/3 thunderers aim for the same target. <3
With the recent changes aka fix of Expert Skirmisher The Keg is now set on its 2 secs. Which is huge and disrupts the damage output. So maybe throw it out. Still the Crit Tactic on Right Tree is a must.

@Quick Reloader:
I removed Extra Ammo from my Tactics cause I thought I dont need it on ST abilites. Well I was wrong. :) So either extra Ammo, or Quick Reloader. The Turrets are currently extra squishy, but when they are back for good Extra Ammo also helps the dwarfs around you.

Kragg

Post#35 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Glorian wrote:
Kragg wrote:I personally feel the keg takes alot of time for a sniper to use, on top of two seconds build time of the turret. Positioning is of much greater importance. In short, a sniper needs a front line to operate behind or make use of the terrain, like for example the stairs in the Reikland scenario or a bush to hide in along the road.

With the recent changes aka fix of Expert Skirmisher The Keg is now set on its 2 secs. Which is huge and disrupts the damage output. So maybe throw it out. Still the Crit Tactic on Right Tree is a must.

@Quick Reloader:
I removed Extra Ammo from my Tactics cause I thought I dont need it on ST abilites. Well I was wrong. :) So either extra Ammo, or Quick Reloader. The Turrets are currently extra squishy, but when they are back for good Extra Ammo also helps the dwarfs around you.
Agreed, however, i found it easyer to slot heavy in the rifleman tree at lower levels and avoid putting so many points in just for tracer rounds. With the keg you had two good option in the tree, now I see it as a luxery as only Tracer rounds has my fancy as sniper.

pfs2222

Post#36 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:04 am

Just had a brief check on character builder - I guess must have for sniper is Phosphorous Shells. If you want that plus reacer rounds plus quick reloader you need to be 40/50 or have skill bonus from equipment. No extra ammo, no hollow points included.

Bomfur - Runepriest / Glamdulin - Ironbreaker / Tunggdil - Engineer /Snorrij - Slayer

Glorian

Post#37 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:39 am

pfs2222 wrote:Just had a brief check on character builder - I guess must have for sniper is Phosphorous Shells. If you want that plus reacer rounds plus quick reloader you need to be 40/50 or have skill bonus from equipment. No extra ammo, no hollow points included.
I'm teling since three weeks to Drengk that Phosphorous shells is the best skill a sniper can get. But he isn't listening. But you are right, you need high RR or Gear with an extra mastery point.

paasta2

Post#38 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:07 am

Dot from hollow point can be dodged..happend many times for me..

Ads
Kragg

Post#39 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Glorian wrote:
pfs2222 wrote:Just had a brief check on character builder - I guess must have for sniper is Phosphorous Shells. If you want that plus reacer rounds plus quick reloader you need to be 40/50 or have skill bonus from equipment. No extra ammo, no hollow points included.
I'm teling since three weeks to Drengk that Phosphorous shells is the best skill a sniper can get. But he isn't listening. But you are right, you need high RR or Gear with an extra mastery point.
I am still not convinced i want to sacrifice my Crack Shot for Shells. The amount of time I can help a fight by using it, save myself from a WE. When i do not have it I feel like i am missing out. I will run the following this weekend:

RoR.builders - Engineer

Let's see how crazy all out on ballistic can get! :mrgreen:

Glorian

Post#40 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:58 pm

I'm thinking on the Rotation.

The old one was build to maximise Hollow Points. But Hollow Points isn't so hot right now.

As Penril wrote the Idea is to put up Dots and then get as much Damage on the Target when the dots hit near one timestamp.
He wrote:

Dots
Snipe (or Gunblast if Snipe is on CD)
Concussion Grenade (if within range and have points in mid tree; probably not for this spec)
Hip Shot
Rapid Fire

I had the luck these last days to witness some Sorcs who are pretty good at delivering 6 Damages at one precise second.
Dots with 5 sec Tic time. Extra Damage on Dot. Casted Abilities who have some travel time and one Instacast with an extra damage Tactic.

I don't think it is possible to do something exactly like that on an Engi, meaning hitting with several stuff on the same timeslot. but Penril has some good points there.

Dot Incendary
Dot Signal Flare (second so if cleaned Incendary will be cleaned)
3/2sec cast (Snipe or Gunblast)
1sec cast (Grenade or Phosphorus Shells)
Insta Hipshot
Insta channel Focused Fire.

Need to make some timeslot tests.
I'm still not sure how you can do this on a sorc without help of some macro to get a hit on something moving with 4 different abilities exactly on 19:35:53.