Recent Topics

Ads

[Engi] Build: Kegsniper - Mk IV ‘Thorbold Pattern’ 16.11.2021

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Re: [Engi] Build: Kegsniper

Post#21 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:29 am

I got the same question yesterday ingame. But after some more intense looking in the skill list it was found.

So please do a restart and check your Abilities List. Maybe it was just not set on your action bar.

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#22 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:41 am

one last thing: is good for us the DOT in gun blast in sniper tree?
isnt better get the tactic to have a straight +15% bonus dmg when using signal flare? DOT damage is pathetic at best. flat 15% damage bonus is somewhat nice for a burst spec like snipe is. It helps us out clear squishes faster no?

or is the same? What are saying the numbers?

TheSockPuppet
Suspended

Post#23 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:32 am

Before i state my ideas i would like to clarify that i have never created or played as a bearded rodent and i don't plan to create or play one in the near future.

Having said that, here's idea number 1: The Alchoholic with the Steady Hands. RoR.builders - Engineer
And here's idea number 2: The Sober, Miserable Bugger with the Strong Hands. RoR.builders - Engineer

They are essentially the split, bastardized version of the Magus ST cookiecutter, only the first one brings the crit and the @%*$^# keg and the second one the (essentially required) quality of life upgrade and the dot

Idea Number 1 Rotation:
At 100/120 feet with buffs Signal Flare->Incendiary Rounds->Snipe->(Crackshot*)->Hipshot->FF
At 65/80 feet with buffs Signal Flare->Acid Bomb->Incendiary Rounds->Snipe->Flashbang->Hipshot->FF
While waiting for Snipe to recharge drop keg and apply Acid bombs and Fragmentation Grenades to vent your frustration, but make sure to keep at least 200 Ap to pull the burst when Snipe is up again.

*It's not considered a good idea to go around spreading KD immunities or use vital CC abilities that have 30 second cooldowns on a whim, but it's the only ability that will allow you to remain on the timestamp (and let's face the truth, you silly buggers are already spreading CC immunitities to entire warbands using your mines with impunity, so making a single person cc immune won't hurt)

Idea Number 2 Rotation: At 80/100 feet with buffs: Signal Flare->Acid Bomb->Phosphorus->Incendiary->Snipe->Flashbang->Hipshot->FF
While waiting for Snipe to recharge drop apply Acid Bombs and Fragmentions Grenades to vent your frustation, but make sure to keep full AP to pull the burst when Snipe is up again.

Stat Priorities for both builds are crit->BS and always use gun turret.

Glorian

Post#24 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:51 am

Asherdoom wrote:one last thing: is good for us the DOT in gun blast in sniper tree?
isnt better get the tactic to have a straight +15% bonus dmg when using signal flare? DOT damage is pathetic at best. flat 15% damage bonus is somewhat nice for a burst spec like snipe is. It helps us out clear squishes faster no?

or is the same? What are saying the numbers?
Hollow Points is a viable tactic. You put it on Gunblast or Snipe. Hit the target. The first tick comes after 3 secs, the second 2 seconds later.
Meaning when you hit it first then you need to unload your burst damage like Focused Fire when at second 3 and 5. So it happens at the same time when the dots hit.

That was in the past though. I'm currently not sure if Hollow Points can be dodged. If yes, then it has lost a lot of its sexxyness.

Asherdoom

Post#25 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:56 pm

now you can dodge also DOT

pfs2222

Post#26 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:43 am

Any updates to this guide, any changes lately ?

Bomfur - Runepriest / Glamdulin - Ironbreaker / Tunggdil - Engineer /Snorrij - Slayer

Glorian

Post#27 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Phosphourus Shell is currently king on the Engi. With last patch it has:
Increased Damage, Castable on the move, shorter CD, shorter running time.
If you can get Extra Powder Tactic from Grenadier in, it also increases the AoE Splash from 20 feet to 30 feet.

So it is pretty much the must have Ability for any Rifle Engi.

pfs2222

Post#28 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Well, Phosphorous Shells requires 14 points, Extra Powder tactic another 4, so Keg won´t fit in until RR60 or something. Maybe up grenadier and get strafing run ? Hollow Points stilla viable tactic ?

Bomfur - Runepriest / Glamdulin - Ironbreaker / Tunggdil - Engineer /Snorrij - Slayer

Ads
Glorian

Post#29 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:42 pm

pfs2222 wrote:Well, Phosphorous Shells requires 14 points, Extra Powder tactic another 4, so Keg won´t fit in until RR60 or something. Maybe up grenadier and get strafing run ? Hollow Points stilla viable tactic ?
Need to make a retest if Hollowpoint and tick of Hollowpoint can be Dodged.
Which is most likely with latest Dodge and Disrupt changes.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=eng ... :;0:0:0:0:

What we actually need are 3 different Snipers.

One Pierce Defense Sniper
One Concussive Mine Sniper - Healers hate Concussive Mine.
One Strafing Run Sniper to get rid of all these Orks who think they can hit you in Close Combat.

Hulurtin

Post#30 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:49 am

pfs2222 wrote:Well, Phosphorous Shells requires 14 points, Extra Powder tactic another 4, so Keg won´t fit in until RR60 or something. Maybe up grenadier and get strafing run ? Hollow Points stilla viable tactic ?
rr50 and full ruin set and u're good to go, i guess
Hulurtin - Ironbreaker Corporal
Thorgikanzon - Slayer warrior
Alrid - Engineer recruit
Alridokya - Runepriest recruit