Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Mechanic tweak

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Re: [Ironbreaker] Mechanic tweak

Post#11 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:16 pm

I'm quite an IB newb. But from my experience if you don't run a grudge tactic your grudge abilities make sure that you stay at under 20 grudges all the time.

If you have an oathfriend the thing is different. You are getting quite some grudges if he gets hit.

So from a balancing point of view in solo mode you are having grudge problems. In a party environment your oathfriend should give you quite some grudges.

Ads
Killham

Post#12 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:16 pm

Eathisword wrote:Well hello there.

As most know, I mainly played IB for the past 2 years, tried lots of different build, specs and tactics mix. Today though, it kinda jumped in my face : I always slot a grudge tactic. Be it Rising Anger or Dwarven Riposte. There is just no way around it. In solo play, 6 man, even keep takes, I find it is too unreliable not to slot one of them as you always end up in a crucial moment having no grudge and no way to generate some (for example, the enemy is kiting back and not attacking your group... ) Which in turns mean no crucial buffs and most importantly no punt available until you are attacked.

Which leads me to this : would it be possible to mirror IB grudge generation to BG (i.e. You always gain grudge when you hit your enemy without the need to use a tactic). As to some extend, needing to use a tactic to use our mechanic properly, well, it is not fun and pretty much limit the crap out of the different tactic combo we can run.

In the end, I am not unbiased as it is my main class, and yes it would probably be a buff to the class. Just a thought I had trying different specs past few days.

Sinceriously,
Volgo
Oh my gosh, such a poor guy, you only must always use grudge tactic for dealing in 2.5 times more pure dps in single target at 100 grudge with 2h than any BG with 2h and you wanna grudge generation like BG and 1 more free tactic slot probably under Sweet Revenge or Greataxe Mastery and dealing even MORE dps and killing like 5-6 people in a row, because now u can kill in a row only 3-4 people (what an unfair game for your character) under bugged grumble an' mutter which must have full 1 min cooldown instead in present 30s cd.
Dear Devs please hear this poor IB and give him grudge generation like BG have and probably very soon we'll see VolgoVSdestropremade as we all love it.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#13 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Lol, apparently Volgo has a fan club :D I wouldn't mind the change. Ironbreaker is still the least played tank on Order and the only reason you guys are complaining is you see videos of a really good player doing cool stuff. If Volgo played SM or BG, you'd see the same stuff. Other than Volgo and Kregan, who even plays 2h IB on the regular? I don't play mine much any more (Marauder life natch), and I don't see pusigava or Woatan much either. Platypus plays it I think, but I'm not entirely convinced he isn't just a bot programmed to mimic Volgo :p
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

mickeye

Post#14 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:06 pm

OP's idea is bad.

Although IB and BG could use ability, that would add some Grudges and Hate to his pool. Let's say 30 Grudges or Hate, 60s CD. That way you can use it at a start of the fight and provide possibility to use their Grudge/Hate abilities right away (ie. punt).
Fionne WL | Burlok > Karak Eight Peaks > Eltharion > Karak Azgal > Karak Norn

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#15 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:14 pm

mickeye wrote:OP's idea is bad.

Any reason why?

Hargrim
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Killham wrote:Dear Devs please hear this poor IB and give him grudge generation like BG have and probably very soon we'll see VolgoVSdestropremade as we all love it.
Ok.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#17 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Hargrim wrote:
Killham wrote:Dear Devs please hear this poor IB and give him grudge generation like BG have and probably very soon we'll see VolgoVSdestropremade as we all love it.
Ok.
Dwarf pride's going worldwide 8-)

Sulorie

Post#18 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:47 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:
mickeye wrote:OP's idea is bad.

Any reason why?
Why buff a decent tank class any further? :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:54 pm

It's more a quality of life change than anything else. And IB IS still the least played tank on Order

Eathisword

Post#20 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:05 pm

Damn... I wasn't expecting that. Imo IB is the third fiddle tank on order, doing less damage than Sm and having less utility than kotbs.

I was proposing this so additional tactic choice would IB move either for more damage or for more utility.

Anyway, dont mind the idea if it drive the community mad.

#ibisthenewpounce
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.