Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Mechanic tweak

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eathisword

[Ironbreaker] Mechanic tweak

Post#1 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:51 am

Well hello there.

As most know, I mainly played IB for the past 2 years, tried lots of different build, specs and tactics mix. Today though, it kinda jumped in my face : I always slot a grudge tactic. Be it Rising Anger or Dwarven Riposte. There is just no way around it. In solo play, 6 man, even keep takes, I find it is too unreliable not to slot one of them as you always end up in a crucial moment having no grudge and no way to generate some (for example, the enemy is kiting back and not attacking your group... ) Which in turns mean no crucial buffs and most importantly no punt available until you are attacked.

Which leads me to this : would it be possible to mirror IB grudge generation to BG (i.e. You always gain grudge when you hit your enemy without the need to use a tactic). As to some extend, needing to use a tactic to use our mechanic properly, well, it is not fun and pretty much limit the crap out of the different tactic combo we can run.

In the end, I am not unbiased as it is my main class, and yes it would probably be a buff to the class. Just a thought I had trying different specs past few days.

Sinceriously,
Volgo
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Re: [Ironbreaker] Mechanic tweak

Post#2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:18 am

I totally agree that there is no tactic diversification. Only 3 decent tactics you are able to spec (keep in mind, it's out of 9 specable) - Greataxe Mastery, Shield Mastery, Punishing Knock. Out of those 3 only one pretty much in demand - Punishing Knock (10% block kinda must for deftard snb, tho many play with GnM, so I dunno if it counts). The rest are pretty uncommon and used in experiments.
Out of 15 common tactics only 8 worth slotting for snb & 2h with 2 pretty much mandatory (toughness and armor) because of not everyone having BiS gear.
I also love to tweak between different specs for fun, I find most of those experiments as joyful but with low, let's say, functional capability.
Two other tactics I'd like to mention - Avalanche (niche one, can't see its usage outside of solo roaming or duel, pros and cons simply not worth to bother with it) and Furious Reprisal. From my pov CD increase needs a tweak, it should not be triggered with KD, would be awesome if vengeful strike would trigger it and tactic would have to switch place with Oath of Vengeance to not be so much OP.
Although, I feel that main Volgo's proposal wont change much, if enemy is kiting back going all in to smack somebody is not that good of a way to go. Furthermore in group play grudge seems not an issue (excluding engage), tho I agree that IB mechanic can be very frustrating, cause you are so useless at the start of a fight, guess it's kinda unfair, comparing to other tanks that you are obligated to soak some hits in order to effectively fight back. Other tanks are much more mobile, can react much faster to the things happening in the battlefield.
Last edited by nocturnalguest on Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

hogun

Post#3 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:24 am

hello,

Yes and is it possible to One shot every player when i use earthshatter ?
Seriously, are not we powerful enough like that? You know very well that the increase of our automatic resentment, will allow us to go to seek even more power or solitdity in our build ... our class is almost unbeatable already ..

a+
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Bobbiom

Post#4 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:27 am

When 1v6 just isn't enough.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:50 am

I think it is totally fine that IB have to spend a tactic slot to gain grudge on attack, when BG have to spend a tactic slot to get a parry buff, which they cant even share with teammates.

Classes are different and the IB mechanic is a small situational disadvantage, when you look at all the nice toys. :)
Dying is no option.

ToXoS

Post#6 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:58 am

Yes!
Pls give that buff to the IB, I want to see how much players Volgo can kill!
1vs10? 12? 24? Let's find out!
Spoiler:
I'm serious (and curious too, I want to see it with my own eyes).

freshour
Banned

Post#7 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:28 am

At the OP: Possibly not the best time to make a "buff IB" post when a dude just put out a few videos of him fighting entire roaming groups with this class... I could be wrong. But intuitively it doesn't add up, but these guys have done things before that didn't add up either lol.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:40 am

freshour wrote:At the OP: Possibly not the best time to make a "buff IB" post when a dude just put out a few videos of him fighting entire roaming groups with this class... I could be wrong. But intuitively it doesn't add up, but these guys have done things before that didn't add up either lol.
You know that this dude is the OP, right?

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#9 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:50 am

Hargrim wrote:
freshour wrote:At the OP: Possibly not the best time to make a "buff IB" post when a dude just put out a few videos of him fighting entire roaming groups with this class... I could be wrong. But intuitively it doesn't add up, but these guys have done things before that didn't add up either lol.
You know that this dude is the OP, right?
Hahahahahaha it was 6 something in the morning so forgive me overlooking that minor detail. Kinda funny though :lol: :lol:

TenTonHammer

Post#10 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:52 am

IBs mechanic is slow to build and is compensated for by having strong buffs and dot/debuff abilites

BGs resource is fast to build but it has weak buffs and debuffs that play second fiddle to Mara

I see no issue here that people are trying to counter play ib in a solo environment by trying to kite then to drain their mechanic faster as it is a good way to weaken the effectiveness of GnM

Ironbreaker by it's self can already take on multiple opponents solo and is also a solid class in group play

This is not a buff the class needs