Recent Topics

Ads

[IRONBREAKER] Why the Preconception?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Alfinnete
Banned

[IRONBREAKER] Why the Preconception?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:25 am

What makes IB a tank so criticized? And why is there no plan for it?

Ads
JoyToy

Re: [IRONBREAKER] Why the Preconception?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:36 pm

Well first they are ALL 2 handers (there are a few reasons but for me its cuz the knockdown is on command rather than being reactive to being hit with shield. Another reason is cuz the conq gear which is shield based is so freakin hard to get with the current broken rvr system compared to sc gear). Second, they don't have an aoe stagger. Third, they are lacking in the aoe damage department.

shaggyboomboom

Post#3 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Because the ib doesnt bring much to a group except a decent armor debuff and a KD. They only buff one ally which makes pretty good for duo roaming, but not much else.

Esperflame

Post#4 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:07 pm

I disagree 100%. I find that IBs are very capable of bring a lot to the table. In fact I find most slayers really appreciate an IB as it's the only order tank with an Armor Debuff. The real problem with IBs is they have too many buffs with a very short duration. It's pretty much impossible to have them all up at the same time so you have to pick and choose which ones to keep active all the time and when to use the other buffs when they become useful.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

shaggyboomboom

Post#5 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Esperflame wrote:I disagree 100%. I find that IBs are very capable of bring a lot to the table. In fact I find most slayers really appreciate an IB as it's the only order tank with an Armor Debuff. The real problem with IBs is they have too many buffs with a very short duration. It's pretty much impossible to have them all up at the same time so you have to pick and choose which ones to keep active all the time and when to use the other buffs when they become useful.
All tanks have a armor debuff (beastlord + m1) and most of IB oathfriend buffs don't stack with either pots or kobs auras.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#6 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:30 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:
Esperflame wrote:I disagree 100%. I find that IBs are very capable of bring a lot to the table. In fact I find most slayers really appreciate an IB as it's the only order tank with an Armor Debuff. The real problem with IBs is they have too many buffs with a very short duration. It's pretty much impossible to have them all up at the same time so you have to pick and choose which ones to keep active all the time and when to use the other buffs when they become useful.
All tanks have a armor debuff (beastlord + m1) and most of IB oathfriend buffs don't stack with either pots or kobs auras.
This is the point, KOTBS has "everything" that the IB has more easily, if not free of charge.

Arteker616

Post#7 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:34 pm

20 secs 1k armour buff.no cd
20 secs 114 str +wp for 441 cd 5 secs .
20 secs 114 thoughnes buff nocdbut
10secs 890 rune agaisnt magical atatcks, 10 secs cd.
10 secs 10% critic buff+str buff. with no cd .
10secs 25 parry+ ini buff with no cd .
20 secs , ap pump+114 ws self buff.

ib buffs are top notch , they last gor a good ammount of time, 10 secs to 20 secs . buffin ahead with ib and knowing when and what are to use is a must, the problem is alot of ibs are just pure dps tanks msot often dont even bother to buff , but the class himself is very good and capable on himself.

Penril

Post#8 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:02 pm

IB is simply harder to play, that's all.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Wasting moral for armor debuff or using a specific armor set doesn't compensate for a lacking debuff. In each case you skip other probably more useful options.
Dying is no option.

Bobbiom

Post#10 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:53 pm

Arteker616 wrote: 20 secs 1k armour buff.no cd
20 secs 114 str +wp for 441 cd 5 secs .
20 secs 114 thoughnes buff nocdbut
10secs 890 rune agaisnt magical atatcks, 10 secs cd.
10 secs 10% critic buff+str buff. with no cd .
10secs 25 parry+ ini buff with no cd .
20 secs , ap pump+114 ws self buff.
Kneecapper: reduces target's chance to critally hit by up to 20%, at 100 grudge.