Recent Topics

Ads

WS vs BS – What to take on your Engi! Empirical Data.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Crumbs

Re: WS vs BS – What to take on your Engi! Empirical Data.

Post#21 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:41 am

The best killer riflemen I’ve spoken to on this server have 700+ ws. I have 700, and I’ve got full tank spec doks detaunting me instead of a bw. Fought and killed plenty of premades solo alongside order premades as well (a daily recurrence tbh). Admittedly it’s not enough, but it sure helps a **** tonne, I can’t go without it now.

Rifleman requires constant planning, have to play out of the picture even when with a group, and you only join the fight when you know you can sink someone. Of course there’s still going to be that triple guarded mara with every healer archetype behind his back making him immortal, nobody is going to kill him.

Damage loss is not minor, it’s an added 30-40% damage vs armor. Going for defensive stats or more bs when you are already at cap is a waste, that’s actual diminishing returns, firstly because a rifleman should not be taking damage period, and even if those defensive stats helped you survive whatever... your damage is stunted vs heavy armor targets, and a lot of the time you’ll fall short of assisting teammates when they need actual fast burst. So you’ll just die further down the track bc you have no use. Defensive stats are for defensive builds, otherwise you’re making a hybrid 1v1 build that’s OK for not dying and running backwards when you realise you can’t kill anything in group play and are relying on your team to do the actual work for you.

If you play rifleman (the max damage spec for engi) then you play it for max damage, every drop. Also phosphorous shells needs to be fixed, it still says in the new AB that it reduces armor but doesn’t do anything.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Glorian

Re: WS vs BS – What to take on your Engi! Empirical Data.

Post#22 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:57 pm

Crumbs wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:41 am ...

If you play rifleman (the max damage spec for engi) then you play it for max damage, every drop. Also phosphorous shells needs to be fixed, it still says in the new AB that it reduces armor but doesn’t do anything.
Well phosphorous shells doesn't reduce armor, but it does a LOT of Damage, over a short timeframe with a low CD.
One of the best Abilities any Rifleman can take.