Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Any new thoughts on Rune priest play?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
svefik

[RP] Any new thoughts on Rune priest play?

Post#1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:39 pm

I have been playing my Runepriest up to L40 RR44. I am feeling a little depressed at the moment feeling my only use is as a buff machine with my oathrunes. The only topics on the forum seem to be 1.5 to 2 years old, anyone have any new input to this class?

I am using these builds atm RoR.builders - Runepriest
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 3000000000

I have so much put into defensive stats to try and stay alive long enough to heal, all talis bar 1 are toughness that I feel my mobility casts are so weak as to be ineffective. I know part of it is just that trying to heal through a zerg is next to impossible but I'm not feeling like a healer, just bait for the enemy.
If anyone has anything new to bring to the table for a class that feels neglected I'd be eager to hear!

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: [RP] Any new thoughts on Rune priest play?

Post#2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Dont take the 2nd ritual, just use the ap one

dansari

Post#3 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:07 pm

My RP is only 38, but this build is pretty standard. Remember that Rune of Battle got a cooldown decrease from 1min to 30s recently. It's not required, but I'm playing around with it. For your fourth tactic, you can get a lot of stuff.. Regenerative Shielding for an armor increase proc, Restorative Burst (probably the best) for your self AP feed, Swift Runes if you're in small scale vs sorcs, or you could pick up Ancestor's Blessing in left tree for group AP feed (great for AP hogs like SWs).

RoR.builders - Runepriest

Edit: You could drop Rune of Battle and Runic Blasting to get stagger if you want. At rr40+ you'll need to run Anni gear to get there, but the stagger is great if you want to go that route.
<Salt Factory>

svefik

Post#4 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:43 am

dansari wrote:My RP is only 38, but this build is pretty standard. Remember that Rune of Battle got a cooldown decrease from 1min to 30s recently. It's not required, but I'm playing around with it. For your fourth tactic, you can get a lot of stuff.. Regenerative Shielding for an armor increase proc, Restorative Burst (probably the best) for your self AP feed, Swift Runes if you're in small scale vs sorcs, or you could pick up Ancestor's Blessing in left tree for group AP feed (great for AP hogs like SWs).

Edit: You could drop Rune of Battle and Runic Blasting to get stagger if you want. At rr40+ you'll need to run Anni gear to get there, but the stagger is great if you want to go that route.

I notice you don't run the armour tactic, do you still use renown points in defensive? Might it be a better idea to stack heal power and crit? I just find when the zerg charges and order flee's or one of those damned WE's pops out without heavily investing in defence I dsont have the time to do anything about it as I'm stunned beyond death?

dansari

Post#5 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:10 am

svefik wrote:
dansari wrote:My RP is only 38, but this build is pretty standard. Remember that Rune of Battle got a cooldown decrease from 1min to 30s recently. It's not required, but I'm playing around with it. For your fourth tactic, you can get a lot of stuff.. Regenerative Shielding for an armor increase proc, Restorative Burst (probably the best) for your self AP feed, Swift Runes if you're in small scale vs sorcs, or you could pick up Ancestor's Blessing in left tree for group AP feed (great for AP hogs like SWs).

I notice you don't run the armour tactic, do you still use renown points in defensive? Might it be a better idea to stack heal power and crit? I just find when the zerg charges and order flee's or one of those damned WE's pops out without heavily investing in defence I dsont have the time to do anything about it as I'm stunned beyond death?
Nah I don't run the armor tactic. Just the armor pot. Right now I'm only in partial Anni but when I get full Anni and start to get Conq I'll probably run wounds/armor talis (right now I'm wounds/willpower). Honestly if I get jumped it's more up to the other healer in my party to keep me up through the knockdown. There are better tactics you can take advantage of more often imo.

And don't run the willpower tactic. As far as I know, it's crap. I run deft defender 3 and heal crit at the moment for renown.
<Salt Factory>

Glorian

Post#6 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Armor pots, Toughness Pots, Armor Tactic, Armor Talis and deft defender do wonders on Runi survivability. You can easily survive several tanks that way.

KeanuDracula

Post#7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:54 pm

svefik wrote:I notice you don't run the armour tactic, do you still use renown points in defensive? Might it be a better idea to stack heal power and crit? I just find when the zerg charges and order flee's or one of those damned WE's pops out without heavily investing in defence I dsont have the time to do anything about it as I'm stunned beyond death?
Dwarfs have a nice racial tactic called "Stoutness of Stone". That tactic will help you a lot with stuns/staggers if that is indeed the bane of your existence :)

navis

Post#8 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:14 pm

you shouldnt run toughness for Pvp, generally speaking. Armour talismans are probably better. You also don't have futile strikes, which is astonishing and probably why you are having trouble staying alive.

All RP should probably spec Rune of Binding and know how to use it (gamechanger for me).

http://www.ror.builders/career/rune-pri ... ,3856,3865

I currently have no need for AP additions.. No class I know expect WL might need it, but most PvP gear already has AP stats included.

Stoutness of Stone is also a no-brainer IMO. It works very will in RoR.

Ads
dansari

Post#9 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:01 am

Sure the stagger is great but you have to run full Anni at 40 and drop Runic Blasting for it, or get rr50 with no Runic Blasting. Not the end of the world, but the build you linked is weird.
<Salt Factory>

shaggyboomboom

Post#10 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:59 pm

@Lesti
Deft Defender < Futile Strikes, always

But I'd say run this:
RR 40 with full anni

RR Spec:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 0000000100

Talis:
Full armor with 1 or 2 +20+ wounds talis

Jewels:
3 piece Impervious Winds for great resists and the 210 armor bonus and the skaven - chance to be crit ring or the 3pc beastlord set (ring, cape and pocket) for even more armor.