Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on Engineer Phosphorus Shells mk II

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Feedback on Engineer Phosphorus Shells mk II

Post#1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:38 pm

Since a week the new Phosphorus Shells mk II are available at the Engi.

What are your experiences so far?

These were the changes:

Engineer

Path of the Rifleman
- Phosphorous Shells can now be cast on the move
- Phosphorous Shells has been moved back to 13 point ability
- Phosphorous Shells duration reduced to 10s, damage remains the same and will tick faster
- Phosphorous Shells now debuffs armour by 10% for the duration. - Problematic for technical reasons and reverted, damage for Phosphorus Shells increased
- Snipe has been moved back to 9 point ability

Path of the Grenadier
- Extra Powder Tactic now extends the radius of Phosphorous Shells by 50% in addition to its current effects (yeah yeah, crossed trees, deal with it until client control)

I maybe have a red name but this thread is nothing from the balance forum or anything official. I'm just an Engi who wants to know what you think.

Personal opinion:
PS mk II is now one of the best abilities the Engi can have. It is like the old PS but with like 60% more Damage. Or other said you have the old PS but with unshakable focus perma activated, but only on it. (The turret bonus calculated in, so only +60%)
Something like friction burn, but with range.

Still if the original plan of an armor debuff might have been more group oriented. Like using it on a focused target and then start your Burstcycle. Or use it in close combat to give your Slayers or other melee classes an damage boost.

So my oppionion is that the PS mk II are great, but especially with the combination of the splash increase tactics I would rather see the PS in the Grenadier tree.

Where you can fully combine it with a pumped up acid bomb, extra range plus extra splash and then PS also with extra splash. But this isn't currently possible due to client restrictions.

So what do you think?

Ads
Jaycub

Re: Feedback on Engineer Phosphorus Shells mk II

Post#2 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 pm

I think the most interesting change is bringing snipe/BoC back to 9 pts. On engineer it basically means you choose between PS or Magnet. Magnet is imo still a very good skill even if you where keg sniper spec (single target spec). When snipe was 13pts you didn't have a choice in the matter.

I wonder what is worth more on average, the utility a good magnet can bring or PS increased damage In rotation.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>