Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] DPS spec valiable??

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
wwright72

Re: [RP] DPS spec valiable??

Post#11 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:52 pm

didiw wrote:@wwright72 - Looks like youre experienced with dps Zealot. Can you tell me more about it? Is it worth? Can you compete with any dps class? What's the rotation i should be using etc.? I need to decide if I'm rolling that RP. Don't want to play something that is really bad, and causing rage from groupmates.
First of all DPSruni lacks many of the tools that DPSzealot has even though they're "Mirror" classes, making DPSzealot considerably better at dealing damage and offering more group utility while dpsing. So if you REALLY wanted to play a RDPS that can offheal zealot is the better choice. And yes with very high RR and ideal gear you can compete with most (not all) DPS.

Is it Worth it? Well that's a matter of opinion my friend. On one hand, it'll take you 200+ hours of played time to get to the performance level that a normal dps could within 50 hours, BUT it's made all the sweeter when you get a WL/WH/Slayer angrily messaging you because they don't understand how they lost to a zealot. >:) Also, being able to self-heal when you solo roam is very handy.

As for rotation/specs/gear I won't get into it here, send me a PM if you really want to know more.
Lortie rr85 Zealot / Whoami rr44 ShadowWarrior / TUP
Idrinth's WAR Tools

Ads
dansari

Post#12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:27 am

As with any of the "hybrid" builds, it really just takes better gear and a deeper understanding of the class with added play time.
<Salt Factory>

didiw

Post#13 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:12 pm

Zaxxond wrote:I hope Fiskgjuse checks in on this and provides his thoughts. He rolled DPS and shredded at a high level.
Hope he can share his thoughts here. I'm super inrested in playing this. Already rolled it and in T1 RP looks great.

Panzerfaust

Post#14 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:21 am

Viable? For soloing yes. For anything beyond 3mans NO

RoR.builders - Runepriest

forget about the healdebuff for soloing, whats the point. Its not like a healer would die anyway
Fiskgjuse, Xurious, Domherre, Storskarv and others

moryx

Post#15 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:43 am

If you dont have 4 dominator gear, and 50 RR, play heal mode.
You need more magic power for self heal and protect yourself.
But yes, its viable.
Like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpX-5yaO1wY

Moryx
Moryx / Rp - Moryxx / Wp - Moryxxx / Sw
Moryxhunter / Wh - Moryxo / IB

Zachaos

Post#16 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Panzerfaust wrote:Viable? For soloing yes. For anything beyond 3mans NO

RoR.builders - Runepriest

forget about the healdebuff for soloing, whats the point. Its not like a healer would die anyway
Keep meaning to ask, does efficient runecarving work on the ticks of rune of burning...just wondered as it feels like its not a dot...but I maybe wrong.

KikkL
Banned

Post#17 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:41 am

didiw wrote:
Nameless wrote: Just remember that everything u do as dps healer true dps classes do it better
I'm aware of this. Just want to know if my performance will be like 50% of pure dps class or closer to 90% maybe.
Ive tried dps zealot. Got to around lvl 36 before I gave up, dont know how similar the two are.
There is an RP that Ive seen solo people, dont know the persons name but they also seem very tanky.

It takes awhile to DPS someone down(didnt use dps tactic and also liked healing, was before change to detaunt), atleast for me it did. The ap management was also difficult, if you switch between healing/dps. Unless you have some affinity towards dwarves I would suggest AM, the mechanic itself has a lot more dps/heal orientation to it. But DPS RP should be viable, its just less common and takes some more work than the other two healing/dps classes.

Diggity

Post#18 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:27 am

Torquemadra wrote:
dansari wrote:As with any of the "hybrid" builds, it really just takes better gear and a deeper understanding of the class with added play time.
Pretty much this, a lunatic can make anything work to a insane level.
Haha!

If you know the class well you're solo viable. If ya want a dps spot in a grp well....
Digs - Rune Priest

Ads
Toadwart

Post#19 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:50 am

moryx wrote:If you dont have 4 dominator gear, and 50 RR, play heal mode.
You need more magic power for self heal and protect yourself.
But yes, its viable.
Like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpX-5yaO1wY

Moryx
The video really gives potential dps runepriests hope, but its very misleading.

That video isnt from this server. The gear worn isnt available on this server and may never be available as the last I heard LotD gear wasnt being considered as it was game breaking. This server also caps out at rr80. and so on..

Just realize, that video was from live and captures a different ruleset and different gear...it isnt possible here.

moryx

Post#20 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:27 am

Yes your right. It's from live server.
But it's viable here too, after rr 60.
We all have lesser gear, lesser rr, lesser defence.

Moryx
Moryx / Rp - Moryxx / Wp - Moryxxx / Sw
Moryxhunter / Wh - Moryxo / IB