Recent Topics

Ads

2h Slayer spec

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fallenkezef

2h Slayer spec

Post#1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:08 pm

I am aware that dual-wield, skavenslayer aoe spam is the "meta" and will spec that way end game.

However for leveling (and the fact 2h axes look so freaking good) I am thinking 2h till 40.

Can any experienced drengi give me advice, tips and spec choices?
Alea iacta est

Ads
TenTonHammer

Re: 2h Slayer spec

Post#2 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Well...its a bit of a complicated matter, in order to run 2H slayer to its full effectiveness i.e being able to constantly apply devestate and spellbreaker bubble remove you need to essentially slot power through but the fact of the matter is that the gear necessary to run such a dangerous tactic is not in the game

anyway the basic build is this: http://www.ror.builders/career/slayer/s ... =4054,4084

you want to grab devestate and spellbreaker from ginat slayer, if you dont their is no reason to go 2H, and heal debuff from troll slayer and then at 40/40 you will have 1 spec point left with out set bonuses at which point you can grab either rampage or breaking point tactic

as far as tactics go its open, i think push for more is a must have as it compensates for 2H weapons base weakness of low auto attack speed

After that; brute force, wild gambit, flanking, embrace the pain, breaking point, ancestral inheritance

all those are good

Gmaw

Post#3 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:07 pm

I would suggest Violent Impacts tactic instead of Push for More as you want to be spellbreaking in the Furious zone for 75% damage bonus .

Toshutkidup

Post#4 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:18 am

its a fun concept in theory, however I myself have found it too ineffective vs DW. It forces you to play even more based on ur spec build than slayers already are. However as others have said, if you do it, you need to get Spellbreaker and Devastate otherwise ur doing it just to do it and gimping urself more than Slayers already are imo. And if you intend to run in a warband , they will request that you run ID and SL anyway... and ID requires DW.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Fallenkezef

Post#5 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:47 am

Toshutkidup wrote:its a fun concept in theory, however I myself have found it too ineffective vs DW. It forces you to play even more based on ur spec build than slayers already are. However as others have said, if you do it, you need to get Spellbreaker and Devastate otherwise ur doing it just to do it and gimping urself more than Slayers already are imo. And if you intend to run in a warband , they will request that you run ID and SL anyway... and ID requires DW.
Yeah, mass combat is all about the aoe
Alea iacta est