Recent Topics

Ads

Dwarf renown

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Fallenkezef

Dwarf renown

Post#1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Could I please have some advice regarding Slayer and IB renown?

I've put into WS on my Slayer but apparently that is a bad idea.
Alea iacta est

Ads
szejoza

Re: Dwarf renown

Post#2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:56 pm

no idea for IB but for slayer you want max deft defender and parry, avoid pure stats for renown as its expensive (better to pick crit or futile strikes or smth)
Spoiler:

Darosh
Banned

Post#3 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 am

Avoidance > initiative* > wounds > crit > else.

Abbd.:
Crit you get per composition, initiative > futile strikes**, as futile strikes is worthless if your initiative can be lowered to and below 80-100 (initiative scales exponentially, you'll get better returns from initiative than from FS - especially with as many SHs [conq/BL procs] Blorcs and WEs around), which is ridicolously easy achived (stock Slayer will sit at - and below - 60-80 ini postdebuff which equates to +60ish% ctbc, which FS will do nothing about for its cost).
Note: A minor initiative stack allows you to actively use Fierceness, too, which comes in extremely handy if you run a WS stack - which is working just fine, IF you have BiS gear. (Abbd.: I am running 930str 850ish WS - its about a ~46% damage increase across the board in comparison to a full strength stack, crit sits at 8% - rest is fed via composition; ofc you will hit [a <tiny> bit] harder on squishies with a full str stack but everyone and their grandma is stacking armor. Parry/Block shouldn't be an issue, work on your positioning if it is and make use of NS to have guardbots explode in fractions of a second. Also, keep in mind you have access to Rampage of all things.)
Wounds you can - depending on your spec - consider both defensive and offensive stat, max. wounds stack would have you sit at 11k HP (with SG about 12k) - which lets you reliably sit at +40-50% crit modifier if you run FM - that is if you run a proper group in which communication is a thing... yadayada.

Crit via renown, especially on order is a waste outside of pugging, and whilst pugging you are better off going for a more tame approach.
All in all, sustained damage > burst, whereas with BiS gear you can consider your sustained damage to be a neverending (granted you have AP feeder) barrage of burst; the line between sustained damage and proper burst is terribly blurry on Slayer alltogether.

All the above for Slayer.
Cheers.

*Terribad initiative situation on Slayer.
** Base of smth about 120-150 ini, with barely any ini on relevant gear, debuffs of up to 100ish (procs, statsteal, yadayada) leaves you at upwards(!) of 40-50% ctbc while debuffed - FS costs in total smth along the lines of 45RR, lets you sit at 20-40% ctbc postdebuff.Ini at 34RR lets you sit at a comfy 15-20% ctbc postdebuff and lets you use Fierceness (granted you pay attention to your debuffs, tho, iirc stacking hierachy should account for it if nothing changed since my hiatus - Fierceness debuff should cover ini debuffs below its value).
Note: I can't be arsed to tryhard in sourcing numbers, you have everything available to you - test it, do the math yourself. Should be a no-brainer once you figure it out.

E: 1# Corrections, taken low end gear into account. 2# Added additonal information.

venrik

Post#4 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:21 am

I dont know what your situation is (i.e. level, RR etc, or if you are rolling in premade/organised wb), but slayer is squishy no matter what. If you are playing with an organised group, with a guard and reliable heals, then its str to soft cap, WS to as close to 50% armor pen as possible, rest in defence stats and crit. You will have to find the balance that suits you. Solo spec wise, you will have to invest a lot of points in parry, disrupt and dodge, and pick your battles carefully and make sure you got a lot of heal pots, self heal, rampage etc.
I'm not really sure how initiative works here on RoR, but on live it was meh for slayer. If you stack ini and futile strikes, you are losing out on either crit/ armor pen/parry/disrupt/dodge. On live the better option was trivial blows, but its not available here.

long story short, It doesnt really matter how much defence you spec if you are pugging, you will still die the same. If you are in good group with good comms you will rather spec more offensively. If you are good solo player, you will work out the balance between def/off stats to suit you.

btw, slayer is a pain to play solo, especially at low RR, so best advice is find a guild, and get a good party going. You will have way more fun than solo