Recent Topics

Ads

slayer stuff

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
szejoza

Re: [Slayer]Seeking Doom - The Guide

Post#21 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:32 am

Pretty much never take flat stats (str/ws/wounds etc) as they scale up badly, they work only when you spend them as a fillers. You should aim for crit chance or defensive stats (reduced chance to be crit, parry, deft defender)

Your gear is decent, but you might want to upgrade it to merc/anni/beastlord or do a mix of these sets for more bonus stats, jewelery is ok, just cap few zones and exchange some varrants for a bit better items (oathstones are not as good as they look with dual wielding too)
Spoiler:

Ads
Vhiktor

Post#22 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Many Thanks Senpai!

/bow

so for talis I should aim to split those between WS and STR instead of using renown points for better efficiency? My end goal is a mix of Dominator/BL with the Genisis Warrior set. Is that a good goal or should I consider full Dominator or full BL?

szejoza

Post#23 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Im running domi myself (4 parts) for extra armor (pretty much frees up tactic slot so I dont have to pick ancestral inheritance) and other stats, for 2 bonus pieces Im running imperator (or overlord, dont remember :D defensive one :P) but it's pretty endgame combination so BL+domi+genesis is a good way to go, if you are lucky you might want to change BL pieces for conqueror if youget them from bags

As for full BL it's a bit mediocre if you go full BL imo, but mixed with others it will go fine, going full dominator might be a bit too much sc's (which too often are painful as a slayer) but picking up 4 pieces and filling it up with whatever else you have at your disposal is a good way to go (also I dont know if the shield is worth anything)
Spoiler:

sinadin

Post#24 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:51 pm

thanks for the great guide :-)

still got a question regarding the filler:

Relentless Strike or Pulverizing Strike as a high Trollslayer specced Slayer?

I'm level 31 and specced Rune of Absorption, Deep Wounds and Rampage so far

thank you

szejoza

Post#25 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Imo RS
I'm not a big rotation fan, but try to rotate it with other abilities like RS>PS>RS>DW>RS>PS or smth like that, obviously don't try to match your playstyle to this rotation, depending on your target the skills used will vary.
if you were to spam it RS>RS>RS before the DoT did the damage then it would be a waste, PS would be even better, if you can manage getting to the back of your enemy then you can spam Spine Crusher (which works nice with Flanking tactic, but requires some experience with positioning)
Spoiler:

Adrianbeast
Suspended

Post#26 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:28 am

Hi friend!Thank u for your guide!!!Can u tell your stats???(strengh,ws & other omportant)!!!& please tell me what u take in renown points????for 2 weapons & great weapon apart!

szejoza

Post#27 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:48 am

I'm not actively playing on my slayer now but I had 2 ways of playing full defensive (4 dominator+2 imperator pieces+ genesis warrior) or offensive (full conq+genesis warrior set). For DW I was using Subj weapon+bloodfist axe (where I wanted to swap Bloodfist axe with scenario 40/45 weapon but couldn't find the strength to grind scenarios :D), for 2H I used 2H subj weapon
It was easy as I had most of the BiS items available, but it's not nowhere close to the situation of fresh slayers.

As for stats I was running 900+ str (I wasn't pushing it above 950 as I was always using +100 str potion to close the cap gap), and about 400-500 weaponskill, I was pretty low on toughness ~250 but I was counting here on avoidances (parry/disrupt/dodge) rather than mitigation from toughness. As for armor I had about 2200 but was always using 600+ potion, if slotted with Ancestral Inheritance tacitc I was able to get over 3k armor which is quite a number. As for initiative I had as much as gear gave me, so it was low but I was running futile strikes to reduce chance to be crit (in full defensive mode I had about -2% chance to be crit), willpower and intelligence are irrelevant here. There's not much to do about resists so always ask for buffs from classes than can give them.

For renown I was always running full deft defender+reflexes+futile strikes+crit chance, but I was quite high RR (60+). As for early RR (40+) I was using full Deft Defender+Reflexes (40Renown points needed) for pug warbands or full Deft Defender+Crit chance (15points)+Futile Strikes (5 points) for organised warbands, any leftover points I was using as either strength or weaponskill or even wounds (but not more than 4 points invested in total)

Overall I advice not to pick up 2H as your first choice if you are serious about getting the maximum out of your slayer, DW is much more 'user friendly' especially for not experienced slayers, once you get a hang of positioning, uses of certain skills, and the general feeling of the battle you might want to go for 2H (which even then is weaker than DW)
Spoiler:

Adrianbeast
Suspended

Post#28 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:09 pm

Ok friend ,ty!!!Will be learn!)

Ads
Fallenkezef

Re: slayer stuff

Post#29 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:10 pm

szejoza wrote:stuff will be here
Why did you delete the guide? It was really good
Alea iacta est

szejoza

Re: slayer stuff

Post#30 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Why did you delete the guide? It was really good
It was getting outdated and I'm no longer playing slayer so it would be hard for me to provide more up-to-date information

And it had flaws, there are better players out there who are willing to bring up any bad things you show yet they do nothing to share their knowledge
Spoiler: