Recent Topics

Ads

Why does Dominator gear have Int for an RP?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kitchenslave

Why does Dominator gear have Int for an RP?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:04 pm

I wondering if I missing something here. All SC gear for RP's has willpower with a bit more toughness and a little less willpower than the medallion gear but when you get to the Conq tier (dominator) all the SC gear has INT, which seems idiotic since Rune of breaking is used to transform willpower to INT.

Is there some reason for this that i'm not getting or is it just, "hey we want you tier 4 RP's to gear up in RVR so we made your SC gear complete crap"? For all intense purposes it may as well have ballistic skill. What DPS RP would give up the ability to drop Breaking in order to heal 80 to 90 percent of a normal RP?

What am I missing?

Ads
Thelen

Re: Why does Dominator gear have Int for an RP?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:11 pm

I'm not sure what the issue you are seeing is. The Int/Magic Power/Magic crit is converted to Willpower/Healing Power/Healing crit when Rune of Breaking is Toggled off*. You don't lose anything by getting Int instead of Willpower.

*Unless something was changed recently that I was unaware of, haven't played my Zealot in a few months

Darosh
Banned

Post#3 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:48 pm

Nothing changed in that regard; all DPS stats (setboni included) are directly converted to HPS stats, and vice versa.
The only stats that do not get converted are 'hard' (for a lack of a better word) stats gained through RR, I think some buffs might not be converted either, but I am not sure about that.
Last edited by Darosh on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samejima

Post#4 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:56 pm

Thelen wrote:The Int/Magic Power/Magic crit is converted to Willpower/Healing Power/Healing crit when Rune of Breaking is Toggled off*. You don't lose anything by getting Int instead of Willpower.
This. Not to be rude, but it's kind of astonishing that you've leveled a RP high enough to be looking at Dom gear and don't know that Rune of Breaking converts the other way when toggled off.

I will say that you're right about this:
kitchenslave wrote: "hey we want you tier 4 RP's to gear up in RVR

The developer stance is that scenarios are a side-game and that the RVR campaign is always going to be the main focus, so primary gear sets (at T4 anyhow) are going to be accessed through RVR. T4 SC gear is essentially designed for off-specs--for healers and tanks, it is damage oriented; for DPS classes, it is defensively focused.

Zealots/Runepriests are actually the only healing archetype on which Dom gear is nearly interchangeable with Conq for healing specs, precisely because of RoB--and is better in some ways, since the disrupt strikethrough is useful for landing staggers.

kitchenslave

Post#5 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Samejima wrote:
Thelen wrote:The Int/Magic Power/Magic crit is converted to Willpower/Healing Power/Healing crit when Rune of Breaking is Toggled off*. You don't lose anything by getting Int instead of Willpower.
This. Not to be rude, but it's kind of astonishing that you've leveled a RP high enough to be looking at Dom gear and don't know that Rune of Breaking converts the other way when toggled off.

I will say that you're right about this:
kitchenslave wrote: "hey we want you tier 4 RP's to gear up in RVR

The developer stance is that scenarios are a side-game and that the RVR campaign is always going to be the main focus, so primary gear sets (at T4 anyhow) are going to be accessed through RVR. T4 SC gear is essentially designed for off-specs--for healers and tanks, it is damage oriented; for DPS classes, it is defensively focused.

Zealots/Runepriests are actually the only healing archetype on which Dom gear is nearly interchangeable with Conq for healing specs, precisely because of RoB--and is better in some ways, since the disrupt strikethrough is useful for landing staggers.

My RP is only level 27, so don't be "astonished". I'm just scratching my head why dominator is the only set giving int while everything else at lower tiers gives willpower from SC rewards.

kitchenslave

Post#6 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Thelen wrote:I'm not sure what the issue you are seeing is. The Int/Magic Power/Magic crit is converted to Willpower/Healing Power/Healing crit when Rune of Breaking is Toggled off*. You don't lose anything by getting Int instead of Willpower.

*Unless something was changed recently that I was unaware of, haven't played my Zealot in a few months

I never put 2 and 2 together that int converted to willpower when breaking was toggled off. thanks

Darosh
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:19 pm

Samejima wrote: Zealots/Runepriests are actually the only healing archetype on which Dom gear is nearly interchangeable with Conq for healing specs, precisely because of RoB--and is better in some ways, since the disrupt strikethrough is useful for landing staggers.
For OP's convenience, have this. It goes without saying that Dominator is pure gold for mix and match, aswell as alternate sets for situational swaps.
kitchenslave wrote: My RP is only level 27, so don't be "astonished". I'm just scratching my head why dominator is the only set giving int while everything else at lower tiers gives willpower from SC rewards.
Considering that RP/Z (lol)dps specs are gated by tactic slots/mastery points - moreso than it is the case on any other class and for any other spec - people are generally less inclined to run a gimped DPS RP/Z spec, I guess.

Noiree

Post#8 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:06 am

If you wish to avoid open RVR, you can always go for a nice mix - little bit of beastlord (ring, pocket, back), little bit of dominator (chest, belt, boots, hands) and a little bit of mercenary (head, shoulders) - pretty little trashcan mix of set bonuses.
Fetch some AP-regen rings so you can slot another def tactic and you're good to go. Might not be the best solution but it helps to avoid the masses...

Btw: the conversion of stats from the harbinger/rune buff is only visible via .getstats - Dominator set procs like "steals your target toughness on attack" don't get converted.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman

Ads
oioigitface
Banned

Post#9 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 am

Noiree wrote:If you wish to avoid open RVR, you can always go for a nice mix - little bit of beastlord (ring, pocket, back), little bit of dominator (chest, belt, boots, hands) and a little bit of mercenary (head, shoulders) - pretty little trashcan mix of set bonuses.
Fetch some AP-regen rings so you can slot another def tactic and you're good to go. Might not be the best solution but it helps to avoid the masses...

Btw: the conversion of stats from the harbinger/rune buff is only visible via .getstats - Dominator set procs like "steals your target toughness on attack" don't get converted.
As soon as you get the AP ritual you shouldnt be using the resto burst.

Noiree

Post#10 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:31 am

AP ritual doesn't work for yourself on heals. It's attack based.
RP's rune is ability based.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman