Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Returning player. Engineer?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
biqbox

[Engineer] Returning player. Engineer?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:44 am

Hey folks.

I returned to RoR just now after ~2years away. Sadly my other characters were deleted in the wipe. I think I missed the date by a week or so as I was still actively playing in April 2016.

I thought I'd try an Engineer this time around without putting too much thought into my choice.
What I'm wondering is if Engineer has a place in the current meta for smallband/SCs?

I've noticed that I rarely if ever see other Engineers past level 10.

Ads
CptPiggy

Re: [Engineer] Returning player. Engineer?

Post#2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:17 pm

yes i had many chars mainly WL axeman but I was bored on keeps doing nothing 80% of the time. and switched to my old engineer and tried the grenadier keg and it was meh l, funny to hit 20 ppl at same time but Not my play style now I have full snipe keg and it shines when u defend the keep u can solo kill many ppl and when they are inside just use flame turret and blunder for aoe and u kick ass.

Glorian

Post#3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:30 pm

Also there is an dwarf guild with lots of engis out there. :)

In a six man you see sometimes Engis for the AoE attacks when trailing warbands. But in a pure kiting 6men there are better char choices. Only my oppionion.

But in SCs and Keep defence or attack you can do a lot of fun stuff.

Also I run recently the Grenadier and you can hit and damage tanks as well going full AoE without changing your spec. The flame and bombard turret buffs to cast grenades on the move helps there a lot.

ToXoS

Post#4 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:35 pm

CptPiggy wrote:yes i had many chars mainly WL axeman but I was bored on keeps doing nothing 80% of the time. and switched to my old engineer and tried the grenadier keg and it was meh l, funny to hit 20 ppl at same time but Not my play style now I have full snipe keg and it shines when u defend the keep u can solo kill many ppl and when they are inside just use flame turret and blunder for aoe and u kick ass.
Good job, now I'm gonna roll an engie :P