Recent Topics

Ads

secret weakness magus pet / engineer turret still melting

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

Re: secret weakness magus pet / engineer turret still melting

Post#11 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:26 pm

perche wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:43 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am
perche wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am magus and engineers need a tactic like that of the squidherders to increase the damage by 25% when the turret is not in use, would be an intermediate solution between mobility and dependence of the turret/demon at the cost of losing 15% of damage.
Another tactic to choose from on an already tactic-starved class? The whole point of the class is its dependency on its mechanic, i.e. pet. If your pet is left alone, your damage skyrockets (among the highest burst in the game - probably top 2/3 if played/spec'd well); if your pet is killed, you go back to average damage. It's akin to Slayer mechanic, i.e. risk (standing still)-reward (3.3k+ crits).
If anything, make a proposal arguing that the pet should be tougher and defend your position.
I'm currently playing an engineer on the lv 60 rr and I've never seen a 3.3k crit hit with the x8 bonus and ballistic cap since the nerf of morale 2 , it's true that in scenarios you can take advantage of the mechanics of the turrets but in open rvr it's impossible to use it except in keep because being still 8 seconds = you are dead.
I still think that a 25% damage tactic for not carrying a turret would be the average term between mobility and damage, you lose maximum damage and distance but you gain mobility by not having to worry about the turret.
The other option is to autofollow the turrets and demons.
I saw your proposal and thought you had no High engineer to make it. But I was wrong it seems.
And you are correct on some points.
If you play Tinkerer or Grenadier you need the instant turret Tactic to keep up in open RvR. Getting also the cast on the move buff for the grenades helps a lot with chasing goblins.
And if you engage an enemy warband you don't have time to build any buffs or stacks. TUP encounters are usually decided in 6 seconds.

So lets see if the proposal moves to the discussion stage.

Ads
perche

Post#12 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:42 pm

the proposal is done, Now all that's left to do is wait.
I'm not asking to redo the class, just add a tactic to not be turrentdependent, we have well oiled machine but in open rvr is very hard stack damage while run or you're chasing someone.

Im playing atm a engineer named froilan.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

naugrim

Post#13 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 am

Don't forget the magus/engineer pets was may be not nerfed intentionally? He came from the change on white lion pets patch that affect magus/engineer pets?

Magus/engineer pets are so weak now that all smart order or destroy players first focus pet and destroy it in maximum 3 seconds. I even saw a dps dok then another time marauder instant destroy turret same for white lion destroy magus pet instantly... Then you have to recast pet (3 seconds) then wait x8 damage (after 16 seconds to have normal dps) so 19 seconds to have full dps for magus/engineer.

May be a dev who in charge of class balance can give us an answer? Magus/engineer pets were nerf intentionnaly or the bug came from the change of white lion pets patch?

Glorian

Post#14 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:00 pm

The pet reduced survivability by WL changes was actually patched shorty after in magus/Engi.

naugrim

Post#15 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:51 am

First proposal :

I remember in life server you can target pet for healing and you can even buff pet including squig or turret or magus pet with runepriest or zealot buff.

Second proposal :
As magus pet / engineer pet are melting in close combat we can't play both class in close combat so may be reinforce hit points of flame turret+ bombardement turret/flamer + blue horror? For the long range keep the weakness of gun turret/pink horror stay hit points as they are because you are not suppose going to close combat.

adamthelc

Post#16 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:58 am

Give them an ability that causes the turret to take greatly reduced damage. The tradeoff would be the turret doesnt do any attacks while its channeling. But at least you dont lose your stacks.