Recent Topics

Ads

Engi farming

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
HolySpartan

Engi farming

Post#1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:17 pm

So Im rolling an Engineer first for some decent farming capabilities alongside playing something ranged in rvr when needed. What spec is the "farming spec"?

Ads
Mcgotrek

Re: Engi farming

Post#2 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:17 pm

Tinkerer
Lowki Lyesmith
Gatebreaker Bjorrik Rjufendr
Mogens Wyrdmake
- 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.

xanderous

Post#3 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:29 pm

Tinkerer is good, if your new and levelling a character i'd go up the grenade tree, take napalm, least that way you can still rvr and spam grenades on the run with bombardment turret, though if your going to do that make sure you also take throwing arm, tactic isn't needed for pve though so its up to you in the end. If your gonna go tinkerer take keg and use expert skirmisher tactic for faster deployment otherwise it's useless and takes too long to build.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Mordegar

Post#4 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:33 pm

Repost of a Quote which i found helpful myself:
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm Basic spec for aoe farming that I use, 100% uptime:

http://www.ror.builders/career/engineer ... ,3659,3640

I put RR into max parry/rest into futile strikes. I put armor talis in my gear, so I'm running around 4.3k+ with tactic slotted, and decent parry from rr/gear/tactic.

Use keg off cooldown (you can have 2 up at once), use rift if it gets too sticky, use the aoe pet (flamer turret), keep rod up for big pulls, use aoe dots, and then spam blunderbuss. Use the defensive morale2 in emergencies, you won't run out of AP with the tactic slotted.

For particularly large pulls (you can pull as many mobs as you want, as long as you have a keg up), move back to turret, rod, and then magnet. Then go to town.
From my personal expierence, it's a bit slow to lvl up until you got Lightning Rod, but after that you can pull groups of 7+ your lvl and above without trouble. Early on set up Flame Turret, pull with Acid Grenade and then get a Friction Burn dot on your targets and spam Blunderbuss till they are dead.
Focus on getting Lightning Rod and Extra Ammo first, and slot Extra Ammo as your first tactic, asap.