Recent Topics

Ads

IB i need your help

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
SilentMorbus

IB i need your help

Post#1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:52 am

since my 40/60 IB still melt like butter against almost everything,i have this new build in testing,help me if you can/want.
the idea is to make a frontliner that can bash enemy tankline to the air to open the passage to the squishy casters...since with shield mastery the damage taken is almost the same,i ignored stone cause i think is good only for pve,and i don't do pve ever. please be kind and tell me if it is valuable or i am completley fool :lol:
this is my IB last chance before i really leave this class forever and reroll something else. no 2H suggestion please,i like the shield.

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

Ads
zwerrie

Re: IB i need your help

Post#2 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:23 am

http://www.ror.builders/career/ironbrea ... ,3766,3752

in mastery tree its not showing i pick the aoe knock from left tree.. buggy i guess
Avelanche is a no brainer esp. with shield

Darosh
Banned

Post#3 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:39 am

SilentMorbus wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:52 am since my 40/60 IB still melt like butter against almost everything,i have this new build in testing,help me if you can/want.
the idea is to make a frontliner that can bash enemy tankline to the air to open the passage to the squishy casters...since with shield mastery the damage taken is almost the same,i ignored stone cause i think is good only for pve,and i don't do pve ever. please be kind and tell me if it is valuable or i am completley fool :lol:
this is my IB last chance before i really leave this class forever and reroll something else. no 2H suggestion please,i like the shield.

RoR.builders - Ironbreaker
You melt like butter? Whats your initiative and wounds looking like? Toughness and armor should be 4,1-4,8k and 600-700 respectively, by default... so that won't be the issue, I figure.
Do you run with reliable healers? * Format?

I am running this, with excess points invested into the HD or the AP feed depending on the comp/format, seldomly respeccing to grab the AoE punt for ORvR roam.
AI, Rugged, Avalanche, x - whereby x is HD/AP feed/Crit/SotS/SIAB, depending on whats needed; roam/scenarios.
AI, Rugged, SV, Avalanche - large scale ORvR (full warband)
*AI/Rugged swapped out with better gear and higher RR (e.g.: SIAB/Crit/HD+AP feed), Avalanche swapped out if there is no caster to proc it.

Parry through RR until you hit 30ish - for the sake of reliably dealing with guarddamage, low gear/RR doesn't allow for a proper block stack outside of PvE - rest in disrupt/dodge and 1-2 levels futile strikes until RR60+, after that and with better gear I'd start working on a block stack ~ especially for large scale ORvR (24vX).
Slotting initiative talismans until you hit 250 or 300 - if you run without pocket Runepriest - rest into wounds/toughness.
If you run a regular roam group and can rely on your group members, you can go more glassy and stack some strength/run offensive gear to assist your dpsbots (SnB IB still hits hard enough to properly assist).

Abbd.:
Aim for conq, and both sets defensive genesis to mix and match, Subjugator shield (the proc is gold) and t2/4 SC weapon (rr45), Impervious if you run without KotBS/into plenty of Sorcs/Magi. You could try to get 2pc Redeye to stack -ctbc with 4/5pc conq, or 2pc RF for initiative.

^very rough sketch, all the above in regards to SnB guardbot - roaming is a diffrent story.

SilentMorbus

Post#4 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 am

i run with 820 toughness an 4500 armor,38%block 23% parry,casters still melt me,nothing i can do. my initiative is 250,chance to be critted 1,3,got full conqueror and 3 genesis

Darosh
Banned

Post#5 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:53 am

SilentMorbus wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 am i run with 820 toughness an 4500 armor,38%block 23% parry,casters still melt me,nothing i can do. my initiative is 250,chance to be critted 1,3,got full conqueror and 3 genesis
Well, do you by chance play with a bad ping? I'd imagine it to be quite difficault to keep people in the parry/block arc with latency issues. Other than that I don't have an idea as to why you'd melt.
I have worse stats on my RR55/Anni geared IB and have no issues whatsoever participating in roam/organized large scale ~ the only threat pose Magi/WE assisttrains, morales and of course being vastly outnumbered.

Abbd.:
Mind you, Magi will melt you if your Runic Blessing is on CD or you, and your healers, fail to anticipate BoC rotations. You can stack more wounds to survive the burst and to allow your healers to stabilize you ~ Magi rotations are morale-lite, essentially. I.e.: they are meant to melt Tanks.

Eathisword

Post#6 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Do you invest points in dodge/disrupt ? If you have block, screw parry. Grab deft/defender. Then when you see sorc/magus dot dot dot rotation start on you, just pop IA + HtL. Will boost your disrupt rate above 80%. No more dying, basically like ever to caster. You'll disrupt their full rotation easy.

Make sure you have strong resist too... just in case.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

SilentMorbus

Post#7 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:13 pm

yes i got 30%dodge 28%distrupt always got IA in my rotation and always spam HTL to protect my friends in the backline,but casters still melt me

SilentMorbus

Post#8 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Darosh wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:53 am
SilentMorbus wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 am i run with 820 toughness an 4500 armor,38%block 23% parry,casters still melt me,nothing i can do. my initiative is 250,chance to be critted 1,3,got full conqueror and 3 genesis
Well, do you by chance play with a bad ping? I'd imagine it to be quite difficault to keep people in the parry/block arc with latency issues. Other than that I don't have an idea as to why you'd melt.
I have worse stats on my RR55/Anni geared IB and have no issues whatsoever participating in roam/organized large scale ~ the only threat pose Magi/WE assisttrains, morales and of course being vastly outnumbered.

Abbd.:
Mind you, Magi will melt you if your Runic Blessing is on CD or you, and your healers, fail to anticipate BoC rotations. You can stack more wounds to survive the burst and to allow your healers to stabilize you ~ Magi rotations are morale-lite, essentially. I.e.: they are meant to melt Tanks.
i have a very good ping,never lag or something,just a /reloadui sometimes and i am good

thank you very much mate,so there is nothing i can do to be melted by magi....i suspected it but i don't wanted to belive it...well,so i'm afraid it's time to roll a dps. a ranged one maybe

Ads
Darosh
Banned

Post#9 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 pm

SilentMorbus wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm i have a very good ping,never lag or something,just a /reloadui sometimes and i am good

thank you very much mate,so there is nothing i can do to be melted by magi....i suspected it but i don't wanted to belive it...well,so i'm afraid it's time to roll a dps. a ranged one maybe
Uh, grouping and pots. I wouldn't ditch IB because of the occassional Magi/WE assisttrain, dying is after all an integral part of PvP games. Being a one-midget-army/Volgo in every format would just prompt the devs to 'adjust' the class. If you will pretend that you die for greater good of the midgetdom.

SilentMorbus

Post#10 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:56 pm

Darosh wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:55 pm
SilentMorbus wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm i have a very good ping,never lag or something,just a /reloadui sometimes and i am good

Uh, grouping and pots. I wouldn't ditch IB because of the occassional Magi/WE assisttrain, dying is after all an integral part of PvP games. Being a one-midget-army/Volgo in every format would just prompt the devs to 'adjust' the class. If you will pretend that you die for greater good of the midgetdom.
i really agree with the greater good stuff my friend,really,but build up a full turtle tank in full conq that do no damage at all only to hold the ground and protect my wb,just to see myself melted like butter in a few seconds by a caster that has only build up int and crit to damage it's a bit too much frustrating don't you think? i don't want to be a one man army,we have the might Volgograd for this glorious task,but like this i feel usless,only usless... i mean if i instadie in the brainless spell aoe i can't protect anyone