[Slayer] solo play?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[Slayer] solo play?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 am

Are slayers capable in solo play? I've seen a Choppa blow people up in roaming, can Slayers do the same?

Ads
Athergic

Re: [Slayer] solo play?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:04 am

Aebel wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 am Are slayers capable in solo play? I've seen a Choppa blow people up in roaming, can Slayers do the same?
Slayers are actually quite more capable in 1v1 due to having rampage.
Doom Diver front man
videos: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24708

Aebel

Post#3 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:21 am

Athergic wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:04 am
Aebel wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:02 am Are slayers capable in solo play? I've seen a Choppa blow people up in roaming, can Slayers do the same?
Slayers are actually quite more capable in 1v1 due to having rampage.
Gotcha, thanks. I'm coming over from Destro and moving myself up from playing extremely casually to much more seriously so I'm trying to decide on a class. Honestly I prefer more of a "Utility class" (like BG or SH) so I was considering something like a SW but I'm looking into several classes. I'm staying away from tanking or healing currently as I'd rather not take on that level of responsibility while I'm trying to really learn how the game works past t1

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 am

Check a slayer called Konrik's videos out. Amazing player who makes solo slayer shine. You should also check out toshutkidup.

Aebel

Post#5 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:27 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 am Check a slayer called Konrik's videos out. Amazing player who makes solo slayer shine. You should also check out toshutkidup.
Will do! Thanks for the info

Foomy44

Post#6 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:17 am

Rampage > anything Choppa gets in 1v1
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

lefze
Suspended

Post#7 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:57 am

And take Riposte if you really want ez mode, pretty much automatic win against most melee. Even if they have it slotted aswell, you have Rampage to make it irrelevant on their part unless they are good enough to get away from you for the duration of it.

Though I have to say that if you can make the class work without it, do it. It's a really obnoxious tactic that takes most of the skill out of the whole thing.
Rip Phalanx

Bozzax

Post#8 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:46 am

50% KD duration tactic and profit
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
dalinvar

Post#9 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:48 pm

I didn't play for a long time on RoR but every topic I read in the past about Slayer was about how strictly group-dependant they are.

I am wondering if something changed long the way, cause I always wanted to roll a solo-roaming slayer.

Is something changed in the last 10months? Is it now viable in solo prospective?

thanks

Bowldancer

Post#10 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:58 pm

dalinvar wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:48 pm I didn't play for a long time on RoR but every topic I read in the past about Slayer was about how strictly group-dependant they are.

I am wondering if something changed long the way, cause I always wanted to roll a solo-roaming slayer.

Is something changed in the last 10months? Is it now viable in solo prospective?

thanks
They were always viable -
just not as mobile/bursty as WL and no stealth and chicken out cards like Witch Hunter but a bright orange Mohawk instead.
Once you are spotted or dedicate to a fight you are mostly in it till the end.
Most run cheesy Riposte.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE