Recent Topics

Ads

Engineers ...and Spanners ??

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DR4296

Engineers ...and Spanners ??

Post#1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:54 pm

Stupid question: Does a Dwarf Engineer HAVE to use a Spanner as their hand-weapon?

Sorry, I just recently rejoined after being away for something like 1.5 years (and even then, I was only playing here for a few weeks... most of my WAR time was back on the official servers).

I'm stuck at work and can't exactly log in to see if I can even PLACE an axe or a hammer in my hand.
But even if I can, is there anything to be gained or lost here, in general, by switching to an axe or a hammer?

Thanks much!

Ads
kmark101

Re: Engineers ...and Spanners ??

Post#2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:02 pm

You can use some hammers. My engie is wielding a hammer right now :)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Glorian

Post#3 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:41 pm

Check the link in my Signature for all One Hand Hammers and Spanners available to Engis in the Game.

DR4296

Post#4 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:54 am

Well, I tried putting an axe called the "Issued Axe" in my hand and it wouldn't let me. I even logged on again later on and tried again. Same thing. Description doesn't seem to show any level or class restrictions.

BUT, then I bought a reward hammer from one of the vendors who sells stuff that you can only buy with medallions. THAT I could put in my hand with no problems.

charlysixb

Post#5 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:09 am

Can use hammers over spanners for appearence, not axes afaik. My engi has t1 lair hammer for appearence, it looks so cool for engi.
Peckman And Chifli's

Gobboz Night Fever

RuffRyder

Post#6 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 am

Hammer and Axe are to different weapon types, some careers can use both (e.g. Slayer, Marauder), some only one (eg. WP - hammer, Chosen - axe).
Imagine an Engi trying to construct a turret with an axe... not funny but maybe he would still be able to do it. :lol:
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Fallenkezef

Post#7 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:18 am

RuffRyder wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:54 am Hammer and Axe are to different weapon types, some careers can use both (e.g. Slayer, Marauder), some only one (eg. WP - hammer, Chosen - axe).
Imagine an Engi trying to construct a turret with an axe... not funny but maybe he would still be able to do it. :lol:
Axe blade one side, hammer head other side, job done.
Alea iacta est