Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Levelling questions

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Quik

[Ironbreaker] Levelling questions

Post#1 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:11 pm

So I am guessing I will be soloing for lvling purposes, although I will try to do SC's.

Am I better of lvling as SnB or 2h?

I am basically new here, would anyone recommend a crafting spec I should maybe take to go hand in hand while lvling?

I like the idea of IB, but is the Knight a better choice in the game currently or do IB's compete well?

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: [Ironbreaker] Levelling questions

Post#2 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:48 pm

Knight is easy mode in terms of mechanics. They just pop auras and stand there. However this is getting changed soon so don't decide on that.

For leveling IB, I would say default to SnB especially in Orvr. Block and Hold The Line will save your ass a lot! If by "soloing" you mean literally not joining a group and trying to roam/gank loaners, then go 2h as it is your only chance of killing anything. Keep in mind that you are always going to be a tank first and foremost so Defensive stats are king. I would recommend Talisman making always as a tank because since your archetype is about getting hit, you are going to want to boost your stats as high as possible. Having another alt to make potions helps too.
2h tanking is about learning how to position, and doing everything possible not to get blown up by ranged magic dps. You are still a tank so you will need to have guard up in grp situations. this means you will need to dump a lot of renown rank points in parry,deft defender, and -%chance to be crit in order to survive guard damage. Finally as 2h auto-attack dps and taunt are you best friends for throwing out enough consistent damage to actually bring someone down.

Oh and check out Volgograd's Youtube channel "eathisword" to see tutorials from the best of the best as 2h IBs go if you haven't already.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Fallenkezef

Post#3 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:48 pm

I'd say, as a 2h IB myself, level on SnB it's more forgiving and far easier for the leveling up.
Alea iacta est

Darosh
Banned

Post#4 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:34 am

Don't underestimate bolster, keep your gear up-to-date and you'll have a blast, regardless of SnB or 2h. Just brace yourself for r31 as you avoidance and pewpew will plummet at once.