Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] AoE Healdebuff Runi currently broken

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Glorian

[RP] AoE Healdebuff Runi currently broken

Post#1 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:26 pm

The Idea if the AoE Healdebuff Runi is to put Critcal Aoe Hits on Destro and therefore put a healdebuff on them.

For that you use something like this build:
RoR.builders - Runepriest

The problem is that there are two bugs open that make this build unplayable at the Moment.

1. The Healdebuff doesnt work on Rune of Cleaving and Rune of Warding:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/12496
Where is Rune of Cleaving your Bread and Butter Aoe Applier.
Well there is still Rune of Battle.
But Rune of Battle can't get an Range increase, because the Tactic Extended Battle which should increase Rune of Battle Radius is also broken atm:
https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/11546

Well Extended Battle increases still the Rune of Cleaving, which through Bug no.1 sadly doesn't apply a Healdebuff. :roll:

Ads
adamthelc

Re: [RP] AoE Healdebuff Runi currently broken

Post#2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:40 am

First of all, Extend Battle is irrelevant. Whether or not it functions has nothing to do with with whether or not Rune of Nulification is broken. It might make RoN better if it functions correctly, but that is a separate issue.

Rune of Nulification is not broken and is probably working as intended. The wording is a little ambiguous, but the way it functions is direct damage crits proc the HD. It's not just RoC, RoI also doesnt proc the HD. The zealot mirror tactic is worded and functions exactly the same way. Adding more weight to it most likely working as intended.

The real issue becomes "why does it function that way?".

The DoK tactic IS worded differently and functions differently. Why is that tactic made to be so much better? It procs off AoE dot, it even procs off procs that proc off AoE attacks. To make matters worse, DoK mirrors dont have anything close to as good or order for that matter.

I think it's reasonable to look at this discrepancy. If any class should have a better functioning HD it should be the RP or Zealot. I think theirs should at least be as good as a DoK.

But what would actually make more sense to me, is make the RP/Zealot HD work like the DoKs currently works. Then make the DoK HD work like the RP/Zealot HD works now. Brings a little more balance to the factions and Destro as a whole doesnt lose anything.

roadkillrobin

Post#3 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:32 am

The initial hit of RoC, you know the hit that checks if the entire spell is being Disrupted or Blocked used have a chance of procing RoN on live but individual DoT ticks never have. The DoK version was always DD crits. As for zealots, they didn't get this tactic until later but was always DD attacks aswell.

Glorian

Post#4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:25 am

The initial hit of RoC didn't apply RoN on my tests yesterday.
So yes on live it did, on RoR not.

I know that the Proc and ability chances have been removed on RoR because it was a little bit of an overkill to have several stuff Proc on a low damage high duration dot.

And ofc Rune of Nullification still works. But making a whole AoE dps Runi right now boils down to gimp your healing and put on Rune of Battle.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:32 am

Glorian wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:25 am The initial hit of RoC didn't apply RoN on my tests yesterday.
So yes on live it did, on RoR not.
Initial dot hits caused dis-mount on live too, albeit at a lower chance than direct damage hits but don't work here. It might be just a wrong implementation and no true bug with the healdebuff tactic.
Dying is no option.

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:00 pm

The RoC not working is probobly coz the initial disrupt/block check hit arn't able to crit, while the dmg ticks are.

Glorian

Post#7 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Probably. The bug report on Nullification with Rune of Cleaving is closed though. There is a dev statement that this is intended and not a bug. So dots can't put the Healdebuff on targets.

Leaving of the 4 AoE attacks only 2 with 30feet radius.

Panodil

Post#8 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:42 pm

RP and Zealot HD dont work on dots, it last for 10s.
DoK HD work on dots, last for 5s.

Would be bettet for us in wb that are using rp/zealot if it did proc on dots. I just feel like the duration is fair trade.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ads