Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] viability endgame?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
chookette

Re: [Engineer] viability endgame?

Post#21 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:38 pm

If you play fun, eng is cool. If you want win and play op slayer and bw stat better

Ads
naugrim

Post#22 » Tue May 25, 2021 6:12 pm

Since last patch eng and magus got nerfed -25% damage in all skills then a second nerf incoming magus and eng got -20% damage napalm and same for magus -20% dissolving mist.
So for your question there is only 2 engineer and 2 magus in ranked match that is for me the "endgame".

Conclusion no engineer and magus for end of game and for city wb you got around 10% chance to be taken in endgame inside optimizes wb.

Good luck.

perche

Post#23 » Wed May 26, 2021 1:26 pm

naugrim wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:12 pm Since last patch eng and magus got nerfed -25% damage in all skills then a second nerf incoming magus and eng got -20% damage napalm and same for magus -20% dissolving mist.
So for your question there is only 2 engineer and 2 magus in ranked match that is for me the "endgame".

Conclusion no engineer and magus for end of game and for city wb you got around 10% chance to be taken in endgame inside optimizes wb.

Good luck.
exact, the engineer has had 2 nerfs in the last 2 patches that have left it on the verge of being unplayable, practically limiting it to the sniper path defending keeps
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Klod91

Post#24 » Thu May 27, 2021 12:19 am

perche wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:26 pm
exact, the engineer has had 2 nerfs in the last 2 patches that have left it on the verge of being unplayable, practically limiting it to the sniper path defending keeps
Simply not true.

mytreds

Post#25 » Thu May 27, 2021 4:51 pm

Three things that harm an engineers endgame are 1) the meta is mdps blob + single target group, both are melee focused; 2) engineer has to rely on staying close to the turret in order to do maximum damage. Both these things do not favor the engineer, and as a tank I can attest it’s much easier to guard a WL, Slayer or AoE BW over a rdps in city; 3) most city warbands will only take 1 engineer.

HOWEVER, this does not mean you cannot play in cities OR that you are completely useless. I highly recommend you find a guild because they will take you in cities over PUG groups. Playing engineer is not a lazy class, meaning you can’t just run around spamming your two abilities for damage. You have to be smarter, play around your turret, kite out of the Destro blob, know your rotations, etc. Its hard work but highly rewarding class to play when you do it correctly. Good luck!

geezereur

Post#26 » Thu May 27, 2021 5:03 pm

naugrim wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:12 pm Since last patch eng and magus got nerfed -25% damage in all skills then a second nerf incoming magus and eng got -20% damage napalm and same for magus -20% dissolving mist.

Good luck.
I put my magus and engineer on hold for now lvl up a choppa and I wish I had done that even before the nerf.

vianiznice

Post#27 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:45 pm

geezereur wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:03 pm

Good luck.
I put my magus and engineer on hold for now lvl up a choppa and I wish I had done that even before the nerf.
Both are still perfectly fine.

chovudal

Post#28 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:02 am

vianiznice wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:45 pm
geezereur wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:03 pm

Both are still perfectly fine.
What a comment viani ... :roll:
my engi retired too, wasted time if u wanna play proper endgame, actually left for some j4fun action
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Ads
Asherdoom

Post#29 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:32 am

this is my personal opinion and I DO NOT claim to be the top of tops, just based on playing my slayer/engi alts after some time.
pro of being engineer:
-they looks absolute badass (seriously, look at their set!)
-grenadier in pug make disasters
-tinker in cities is very nice: magnet pull+melee dps aoeing under it is a lot of issues!
-tinker is VERY tanky. You care not of dmg output you are there to cc the fights. even when focused you are a helluva meatbag
- unlike slayer, they can survive a 1v1 (tinker especially) vs a bad ecounter

Cons:
-like many ppl said, in 6v6 you are a free kill (not that matters though. end game here are cities which are 24v24
-kegsniper is very powerful and specialized ST, yet every squishy worth his brain can shut your burst combo easily with LOS (bug apart)

pro of being slayer:
-you got 2 axes (gimli jokes fly here! :D )
-your aoe output is very high once properly geared
-even single target slayer (in case of 6v6) hurt like hell
-you can shout "for Grimnir!" each time you start attack :D

cons:
-you need to be babysitted. this is not a skill class: got guard and heal? you live. You got em no? you are a free kill
-in pug this class is very frustrating for the abovce mentioned point
-set looks horrible... seriously give a look to slayer sets...
-you die before setting dawi grudges!

Paxsanarion

Post#30 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:52 pm

Thank you all for your advice……just trying to decide between rifleman / sniper build ……tanky tinker grenadier build ……or DPS AOE grenadier build ….not easy to play and survive but I enjoy the break from tanking and healing from time to time :-)