Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] Tankiest tank?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aebel

[IB] Tankiest tank?

Post#1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 pm

I have a mid level IB and I keep hearing that they're the tankiest tank in the game, but I'm not seeing that. When I look at BG's talent trees I see a few tactics that add a ton of survivability based on their hate but I dont see anything like that for IB. Am I just missing something or is what I'm hearing about their legendary toughness not true?

Ads
Eathisword

Re: [IB] Tankiest tank?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:06 pm

Well for a start, you have 660 more armor. Then you get a 2 tactic that reduce inc damage when using shield. And then you have magic bubble vs magic.

Finally you look cool, which puts you first at anything anyway.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

tazdingo

Post#3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:08 pm

IB has flat dmg reductions. BGs avoidance tools aren't as good as they used to ne

Aebel

Post#4 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Okay that does make more sense. Should I be using path of stone or brotherhood if I'm tanking?

MayoDaen78

Post#5 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:40 pm

Aebel wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 pm I have a mid level IB and I keep hearing that they're the tankiest tank in the game, but I'm not seeing that. When I look at BG's talent trees I see a few tactics that add a ton of survivability based on their hate but I dont see anything like that for IB. Am I just missing something or is what I'm hearing about their legendary toughness not true?
I would agree with Volgograd, IB is quite survivable and tough. I just noticed you are the same guy who was asking about SM on the other thread. Have you decided which class you would like to invest your time with?
Ezraim - SM 7x
Tessaline - WP 5x
Binary - BW 6x

Aebel

Post#6 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 pm

MayoDaen78 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:40 pm
Aebel wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:41 pm I have a mid level IB and I keep hearing that they're the tankiest tank in the game, but I'm not seeing that. When I look at BG's talent trees I see a few tactics that add a ton of survivability based on their hate but I dont see anything like that for IB. Am I just missing something or is what I'm hearing about their legendary toughness not true?
I would agree with Volgograd, IB is quite survivable and tough. I just noticed you are the same guy who was asking about SM on the other thread. Have you decided which class you would like to invest your time with?
Yes! I gave SM some time and practice but I found I just get melted so fast that I'm not much use to my team. It could be that I'm not a high enough level to be effective when (in pugs at least) my team tends to break and run easily. I'm putting some time into an IB to be able to hold the line a bit better and I am enjoying the playstyle a little more

Tesq

Post#7 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:49 pm

They both are good.

Ib 15% dmg reduction is good aa bg toughness tactic.

Both have avoidance stuff, you just spec em differently, they are both tactic heavy for survabiloty and they spec totally diff and it depend also what you wanna do between solo and wb play.

Both require rr70 to shine currently in def rvr spec due tools being spread a lot. For small scale they need both lower rr like 50 to be very viable.

Chinesehero

Post#8 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:03 am

Aebel wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 pm
Yes! I gave SM some time and practice but I found I just get melted so fast that I'm not much use to my team. It could be that I'm not a high enough level to be effective when (in pugs at least) my team tends to break and run easily. I'm putting some time into an IB to be able to hold the line a bit better and I am enjoying the playstyle a little more
Do u know SM is the strongest tank??? I can kill 3 or 4 solo. U should learn more. SM survivablity is not weak and high dmg to tank and dps. Just a bad toon cant kill healer for the spirit dmg. But SM is one bad at not many CC ability. the punt is the weakest and KD only 3 sec. If u play vaul path u can be hard with armor buff and reduce dmg buff also some healing tactic also make the whole team stay longer. Among all tank, SM is the strongest burst since 20% more crit on ED and BS burst dmg. Try to use a good rotation and make the highest dmg to your enemy

Ads
Aebel

Post#9 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:06 am

Chinesehero wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:03 am
Aebel wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:45 pm

Do u know SM is the strongest tank??? I can kill 3 or 4 solo. U should learn more. SM survivablity is not weak and high dmg to tank and dps. Just a bad toon cant kill healer for the spirit dmg. But SM is one bad at not many CC ability. the punt is the weakest and KD only 3 sec. If u play vaul path u can be hard with armor buff and reduce dmg buff also some healing tactic also make the whole team stay longer. Among all tank, SM is the strongest burst since 20% more crit on ED and BS burst dmg. Try to use a good rotation and make the highest dmg to your enemy
What build do you suggest I level with?

Kragg

Post#10 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:10 am

I am not sure Chinesehero is your average Swordmaster. He is far over 80 RR and known for his charges into destro lines all by himself, and dying dozens of times while doingf so. Which is awesome as it is but for a new SM perhaps a bit dissappointing
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance