Recent Topics

Ads

New end game gear for Engineers - discussion of fit for certain roles

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ChicagoJoe

New end game gear for Engineers - discussion of fit for certain roles

Post#1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Interested in thoughts on vanquisher/sentinel/oppressor gear compared to modified old gear for certain roles. I normally like playing napalm grenadier with 15% damage tactic in keep takes and defences but will switch to magnet or sniper roles too.

I am not sure how the procs work on the new highest rr gear - chance to have next action cost zero ap seems worthless to me and slight damage uptick seems less helpful than conqueror procs.

Am I missing something? The SC gear seems better but it is a huge grind to get. I may be unlucky but I have never gotten a dominator piece during scenarios in 2+ years with multiple rr41+ alts so it doesn't seem obtainable, so it may be out of the conversation for most folks.

Sentinel looks like it could be better than conqueror but I haven't thought it through.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: New end game gear for Engineers - discussion of fit for certain roles

Post#2 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:48 pm

All that Engineers need for end game gear is a ghillie suit that makes them look like a bush. :P

Seriously though, all gear looks slightly disappointing when you first look at it, and feels the same until you get several pieces and are able to mix and match stuff to experiment with different synergies between sets.

ChicagoJoe wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm Am I missing something? The SC gear seems better but it is a huge grind to get. I may be unlucky but I have never gotten a dominator piece during scenarios in 2+ years with multiple rr41+ alts so it doesn't seem obtainable, so it may be out of the conversation for most folks.

Scenario stuff is usually the better choice if you play offensively. Oh, and I don't believe Dominator (and now Oppressor) gear drops in scenarios, the only way to get it is using tokens at the vendor. And yes, the grind is real and if you decide to go after the full set you will eventually learn to hate scenarios with the passion of a thousand burning suns. You might be tempted to sit down and do the math to figure out how much time you will have invest to get the full set. DO NOT DO THIS. It will just depress you if you do...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

ChicagoJoe

Post#3 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Ha. I have a feeling you already have a Gillie suit detector. That is a bad ass toon. I have lost a 2 vs 1 against you recently. Hiding in a bush didn't help.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

aa91837

Post#4 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:50 pm

i agree, Vanquisher 4pc bonus(rdps set)- useless.
Nobody on the broken noob class