Recent Topics

Ads

At any level, are RP viable dps or should I just take all damage abilities off my hot bar?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Malvane

At any level, are RP viable dps or should I just take all damage abilities off my hot bar?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:00 am

Just asking this question as I have been finding out, rolling an RP is a hard not life in the game as a beginner, (Maybe the reason I see so few, even at tier 4?). I tried to vest some points into the DPs line of RP but found myself dying just as fast even in healing spec. Now I know a couple of folks will ask what's level and gear like but at 64% physical mitigation, 6400 hit points, "0.00%" to be crit, I'm still finding WE, Marauder, Black Orc, SH, Shamans, BG, and just about every other Destruction class killing me without breaking a sweat (Even guarded behind a line of tanks).

Should I have gone with an Engineer or IB like every other new person to the game has or stick with the RP?

Ads
roadkillrobin

Re: At any level, are RP viable dps or should I just take all damage abilities off my hot bar?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:04 am

Yeah it's decent assisting damage if you're assisting the other dpsers and don't need to heal.

Glorian

Re: At any level, are RP viable dps or should I just take all damage abilities off my hot bar?

Post#3 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am

For Heal RP check the Dwarf Handbook.
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=29315
Spoiler:
Short version:
You don't survive Maras and dps by your healing and slotting WP talis. You survive it by being defensly build.

DPS RP:
You need high RR and gear to get those magical crits in. With both there are some builds to stagger undodgeable on 100ft. Something no other order char can do. But you need a team or buddy to capitalize on it.

moryx

Post#4 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:40 am

Hey there,
I am very sad but, I do not recommend to play Dps Runie.
Dps Runie only viable in organized wbs, with a guard and aoe heal debuff.
I miss to play with dps Runie but in Return of Reckoning, there are some other fun choices...
Moryx / Rp - Moryxx / Wp - Moryxxx / Sw
Moryxhunter / Wh - Moryxo / IB

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:30 am

It’s ok in lower tiers where dots have more effect and ttk is a bit longer. Also without the danger of t4 burst you can play in the pocket and get in and out to aoe. End game is all about pure archetype group comps.

Glorian

Post#6 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:49 am

Kolland for example played a dps runi on small scale level quite well.
Also when we ran the Dwarf warband in an 8/8/8 Setup one or two DPS Runis with Armor Debuff and Healdebuff worked quite well.

nebelwerfer

Post#7 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:06 pm

hybrid runi
https://tinyurl.com/y3ztkv2q (EDIT: This build should have RoB instead of m4, but the m4 is nice too.)
(tactic slot with armor on hot proc is situational)

will increase physical damage from allies using their concussive rune tactic + cleave spell which has a nice 40ft cone

also protect allies a bit with armor on hot / instant cleanse / hot on cleanse or something like this.

Not really a true dd specc but more of a battlepriest, healing and debuffing the frtonlines

solo runi
http://tinyurl.com/y584uk5p

The heal you get back from dmg is quite nice from those spells and tactics

Feel free to butcher my specs and tell me how wrong i am lads, i am not very experienced with the runie :ugeek:

just wanna give this beardling somethingto think about :mrgreen:

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:13 pm

for solo? sure

for wb? it has its niche uses

for 6-man? assuming equal skill? no

Ads