Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Critique is welcome (and needed)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
OldSparky

[Slayer] Critique is welcome (and needed)

Post#1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:25 am

I decided with my friends to have some fun and make a bunch of Slayers, been brainstorming and came up with a bunch of 40/40 builds that may be used in the future, but I want an experienced players take on them and see if they are pretty much decent.

Skavenslayer build
RoR.builders - Slayer

Giantslayer build
RoR.builders - Slayer

Trollslayer build
RoR.builders - Slayer

And after reading forums and playing the game for a bit I noticed Rampage and Healdbuff are pretty much mandatory IMO, and while you get those two abilities, rest of the build kinda falls in place naturally depending on preferred playstyle.

Critique is welcome.

Ads
Cimba

Re: [Slayer] Critique is welcome (and needed)

Post#2 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am

OldSparky wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:25 am I decided with my friends to have some fun and make a bunch of Slayers, been brainstorming and came up with a bunch of 40/40 builds that may be used in the future, but I want an experienced players take on them and see if they are pretty much decent.

Skavenslayer build
RoR.builders - Slayer

Giantslayer build
RoR.builders - Slayer

Trollslayer build
RoR.builders - Slayer

And after reading forums and playing the game for a bit I noticed Rampage and Healdbuff are pretty much mandatory IMO, and while you get those two abilities, rest of the build kinda falls in place naturally depending on preferred playstyle.

Critique is welcome.
The Skavenslayer build is pretty much the standard group oriented high pressure build. For the tactics I guess it is personal preference if you take Flanking or Push For More. Same goes for the defensive tactics, Stoutness of the Stone and Ancestral Inheritance both have their use cases even though Stoutness of the Stone might be a bit more situational.
With RR70 you should probably go up to the Skavenslayer M4. Its decent in RVR.

Your Giantslayer build is missing one of the rage dropping tactics (Power Through or Violent Impact) without it you will have significant problems in using Spellbreaker, Devastate or Deathblow in an efficient manner. That being said, Gaintslayer will have problems doing anything in an efficient manner. So yeah, good luck with that one.

I dont understand the reasoning behind the Trollslayer build. The Riposte tactic would suggest that its kind of a solo build but than Shatter Limbs would be a bit useless and Cleft in Twain probably a better choice.

OldSparky

Post#3 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:16 am

Awesome. Thanks for the reply.
The reasoning behind Trollslayer is for it to have the standard mandatory abilities and grab the channel so we can have a little bit of sustain when popping it right after rampage Rampage. We also like to take on a bit bigger groups than our merry Slayer bunch while we can, which may have been a factor as to why Shatter Limbs was picked. While we do not intend to suicide into a WB, we really enjoy taking on a 6-man or something about that size with the 3 of us. I guess that's it for the reasoning behind the picks.

Cimba

Post#4 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:10 pm

My personal experience for smaller scale action (~3 people) is that you will get kited endlessly as a slayer if you dont have any ranged CC avaiable. But best of luck to you guys anyways.

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:01 pm

If you take rampage you probably don’t need flanking. If you are flanking you are outside of targets parry arc anyways so you have to consider the rage drop from rampage w/o tactics, I don’t use flanking and i play that aoe build and in wb play I seem to be able to kill robe wearers anyhow.. Unless you just want flanking for +15% dmg pressure on squishies. Also depends on wb vs scen play.

Also, while we are on the topic. How hogh do people stack WS on Slayer? 600-630 doesn’t seem too hard to get, does anyone like to stack it higher?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Cimba

Post#6 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:52 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:01 pm Also, while we are on the topic. How hogh do people stack WS on Slayer? 600-630 doesn’t seem too hard to get, does anyone like to stack it higher?
Depends on what you play. In my standard rvr/sc setup I get up to about 800 WS with vanq proc up. For 6on6 its usually a bit lower since defense is a higher priority there.

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 pm

I know there probably isn't consensus on this, but what tactic combo do you take in order to actually make Giantslayer pump out enough burst damage? Without Violent Impacts(aka keeping grudges or whatever the new name is) or power through to get off multiple exhaustive abilities in a row without being too squishy? I tried to run defensively in Giantslayer with Breaking Point, AI, RG, Brute Force, 8k wounds, 4k armor and it was okay in Pug scen as assist dmg. Definitely was not good in 6 man play as I just couldn't kill anything.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:50 pm

I hate your hair.

Ads
Cimba

Post#9 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 pm I know there probably isn't consensus on this, but what tactic combo do you take in order to actually make Giantslayer pump out enough burst damage? Without Violent Impacts(aka keeping grudges or whatever the new name is) or power through to get off multiple exhaustive abilities in a row without being too squishy? I tried to run defensively in Giantslayer with Breaking Point, AI, RG, Brute Force, 8k wounds, 4k armor and it was okay in Pug scen as assist dmg. Definitely was not good in 6 man play as I just couldn't kill anything.
Depends on what you mean by 'enough burst damage'. With Brute Force, Wild Gambit, Violent Impacts and Flanking you can kill some inattentive players.
If you mean enough burst damage to justify the investment compared to Skavenslayer than the conensus for the last years was that there isnt any tactic combo that can achieve that. But you're of course welcome to try. Let us know if you find one.

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:04 pm

Spoiler:
Cimba wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:39 pm I know there probably isn't consensus on this, but what tactic combo do you take in order to actually make Giantslayer pump out enough burst damage? Without Violent Impacts(aka keeping grudges or whatever the new name is) or power through to get off multiple exhaustive abilities in a row without being too squishy? I tried to run defensively in Giantslayer with Breaking Point, AI, RG, Brute Force, 8k wounds, 4k armor and it was okay in Pug scen as assist dmg. Definitely was not good in 6 man play as I just couldn't kill anything.
[/spolier]

Depends on what you mean by 'enough burst damage'. With Brute Force, Wild Gambit, Violent Impacts and Flanking you can kill some inattentive players.
If you mean enough burst damage to justify the investment compared to Skavenslayer than the conensus for the last years was that there isnt any tactic combo that can achieve that. But you're of course welcome to try. Let us know if you find one.
Yeah that’s what I was afraid of. Thanks for the reply though.