Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Actual BiS gear?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dwanex

[Slayer] Actual BiS gear?

Post#1 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:51 am

Hey,

I took a short break from RoR after the 2X week (I pushed my Kotbs from Level 1 to 40/70) and decided it's a good time to start playing again... now with my Slayer who is staying at 40/40 and unplayed for like... forever :P He was my main when T4 wasnt even released.

I know the standard build (and most likely how to spend my Renown), know how hard it is to play a Slayer with Pugs and bla bla bla :lol:

I'm just curious what the actuall BiS Gear would be for a Slayer? Any mixed sets? Just full Vanquisher and later Invader? And what kind of talisman do I socket? Weaponskill over Strength?
Whats stats do I aim for in the end to reach?

Oh.... and do I use Reckless Gamble in RvR or will I just kill myself because of hitting to many targets? xD

Thank you :)

Ads
Fenris78

Re: [Slayer] Actual BiS gear?

Post#2 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:17 pm

Currently running 5 pieces Vanq + 4 pieces Beastlord, and you can mix WS + wounds talismans (Str is easy to reach cap, currently 988 without talis or potion, just gear and the 2 tactics (+280).

With Vanq proc you can reach around 850 WS, and the Tough malus on targets = Str bonus for you, so it's a very good set. The last 6 pieces Vanq bonus is somehow not needed since you got Str bonus for 4 pieces BL aside, and Vanq helm secondary bonus is useless with rampage anyway... But' it's up to you.

Invader is still meh until 5-7 pieces boni got reworked, but you can still run a mix of beastlord, Vanq, invader, and/or Sentinel to get set boni (although mostly are Str boni first and not very useful to stack them anyway).

Subjugator weaponry is still good with proc (considering amount of hits you get, 5% is proccing very often and can get you significant damage), but I think to run 1 Subju axe, and 1 Sc axe in the future.

Neil

Post#3 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:52 am

I don't understand how everybody is using WS Talis and still comes to Str cap?

I run a mix of 2x Merc / 3x Dom / 4x BL with Brute Force, Wild Gambit, Pot and still have to slot some Str. to get capped :ugeek:
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Sulorie

Post#4 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:58 am

Genesis jewel set has an additonal +37 str bonus.
Dying is no option.

Neil

Post#5 » Wed May 08, 2019 8:24 am

k, i forgot about that ... I've 4d playtime and no Genesis. This could be the missing point, thx :D
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Baalos

Post#6 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:51 am

As I am maining a Slayer I'd like to give a response on this topic aswell. Refering to BiS gear I'm proposing 4 pieces vanq 3 pieces Sentinel (including the ring) and 3 BL. I'm running this setup on my SL aswell and i'm doin fine with that.
In my opinion WS > Str when it comes to talis.
While using BF only im reaching 1k Str and with vanq proc around 900 WS. You should also focus on AA haste focusing Single Target

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:33 pm

I don’t understand how you are getting so much strength. I have 5 piece Vanq, 4 piece BL, 2 piece Genesis and subj weapons and its still less than 900 w/o talis.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Olszewski

Post#8 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:55 pm

I like to sit close to 1k str and 900+ WS. Without procs, pots, and liniments. Im happy to help or go over ur questions in game or in discord. Send me a in mail with ur char name or add me to friends list and pm me when you see me on. Im currently still in progress of getting my set up finished aswell.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Not that its BiS by any means, but now that Dominator is easier to get, puggin Slayers might consider the 4 piece +500 armor with Winds Impervious, 2 piece Vanq or Conq, and 3 Beast Lord with Subjagator weapons. Sure its not top damage but you won’t instantly die from everything without a guard and group heals. With an armor pot and whatever for talis, you hit 4500ish armor, 850-900 str and 600 Weaponskill. Like I said, not the best set up but it makes Pug life a little less terrible. I am running this at rr60 with parrys, dodge/disrupt, and anti-crit renown.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:44 pm

Sorry to Necro but would rather not remake a post by the same name.

With the Invader bonus being good and Blood Lord set being out, how much weapon skill do most people top out at in full Invader, bloodlord, and highest renown scen weapons? I am curious to see the difference in armor penetration between such a load out and my own in 4 vanq, 2 invader, 3 BL, and subjagator.