Recent Topics

Ads

[SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Neil

[SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#1 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:30 am

I wonder what you fellow Slayer are running with. As Skavenslayer for oRvR and SC I'm currently using:

1. Wild Gambit
2. Brute Force
3. Flanking
4. and I can't decide between Stoutness of Stone / Slaughter / Push for More

What are you running and why?
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Ads
Baalos

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#2 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:50 am

Oi oi Neilor,

I feel you refering to tactic choice. All of your mentioned 4th tactic choices are pretty good.
Including my personal experinces with those tactics it's all about what you fancy most due to utility. If you may run a slow AA weapon in your mainhand (preferably one of the city dungeons influence weapon f.e. Rapture or Reckoning) it seems worth to run PFM. Especially in this case runnin Rapture ib your mainhand you might drop slaughter anyway because of a pretty reliable AP proc on it. When destro runs a meleetrain i'd go for Stoutness or Riposte.

Synchro

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#3 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:03 am

Last one is situational for me .
Violent Impact (holding grudges) is a really good tactic but the cost is too high . If it was lower I’d use it all the time and play finish more often.
Close combat is good if you solo without guard and face magical caster
Armor tactic is good when you solo / duo and face melee
Push for more is really great tactic for ST build especially if you dual wield with sentinel weapons that proc direct damage.
For Wb Aoe build I use accuracy
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Neil

Post#4 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:43 pm

OK, so I'm not the only one with various 4th slot Tactics.

Violent Impact could be interesting if not that place. But the Slayer AE finisher doesn't scale well in damage and the cost of 55 AP is huge.
SL NEILOR RR7X | BO NEILER RR7X

Muurloen

Post#5 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:37 pm

1. Wild Gambit
2. Brute Force
3. Jagged Edge
4. Ancestral Inheritance
Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:57 pm

For ORvR PUG warband play I run:
1) Ancestral Inheritance
2) Brute Force
3) Wild Gambit
4) Accuracy (w/ Reckless Gamble turned on)

Slayer tactics tend be situational based on whether you can get a steady guard and heals. I use accuracy because hitting 3 tanks right in front of me accomplishes nothing and 9*400 is still more damage than 3*500.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#7 » Tue May 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Neil wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:43 pm OK, so I'm not the only one with various 4th slot Tactics.

Violent Impact could be interesting if not that place. But the Slayer AE finisher doesn't scale well in damage and the cost of 55 AP is huge.
I don’t use only wild swing , it let me back to furious and use rampage without drop all my rage . I can also use more often no escape . The +75% damage on finish + no defense penalty is really noticeable.
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Baalos

Post#8 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:52 pm

For RVR i'd go for Short Temper aswell if you have a guard Tank and reliable heal. Rampage + ID tabbed spam / M2 might result in exponential AOE damage increase and a higher chance on weapon procs

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#9 » Wed May 29, 2019 4:52 am

For me depends on what I’m doing , I have 2 tactic setups that I switch back and forth. For solo roam I run BF,WG,RIP and SToS

Now if I run in a duo IB/RP or really any kind of group I run. BF,WG,Flank,PFM.

Now also if I know I will be fighting a healer 1v1 if I can I will also swap ya tics to the more glass / dps version however if any mdps class adds I will lose as this tactic setup is very squishy
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Cimba

Post#10 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 am

Neil wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:30 am I wonder what you fellow Slayer are running with. As Skavenslayer for oRvR and SC I'm currently using:

1. Wild Gambit
2. Brute Force
3. Flanking
4. and I can't decide between Stoutness of Stone / Slaughter / Push for More

What are you running and why?
For scenarios and 6on6 I usually run Stountess of the Stone because it allows you to play very greedy by staying in bersek. When the assist train swaps over and knocks you, you should still have a decent amount of health when you get out of it. Then you can just detaunt etc

In rvr it usually use armor tactic instead of flanking because your damage is enough anyway.