[SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
User avatar
OgiWanBG
Posts: 85

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#11 » Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am

So no one uses Power Through ?
Optimuss - WL - rr52
Ogimir - SW - rr50

Ads
Cimba
Posts: 295

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#12 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:05 am

OgiWanBG wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am
So no one uses Power Through ?
Why would you use Power Through in Skavenslayer?
krautcontrol

User avatar
kmark101
Posts: 210

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#13 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:37 pm

OgiWanBG wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am
So no one uses Power Through ?
Not anymore, it just makes you killed asap. The only real use case was with spammable Spellbreaker, but since it has a 10s cooldown now it's a worthless tactic.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

wpc56
Posts: 52

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#14 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:07 pm

Stoutness of Stone is great for 6v6 because ppl tend to focus on you and kill you within a stun rotation. With it, you can usually survive the stun (with healing) to detaunt.

I find it great before getting conqueror set with the + wound set bonus as an additional buffer

User avatar
OgiWanBG
Posts: 85

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#15 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 am

Cimba wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:05 am
OgiWanBG wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am
So no one uses Power Through ?
Why would you use Power Through in Skavenslayer?
No in Giantslayer and because I can do 3 in a row Spellbreaker, Devastate, Deathblow


kmark101 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:37 pm
OgiWanBG wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 10:37 am
So no one uses Power Through ?
Not anymore, it just makes you killed asap. The only real use case was with spammable Spellbreaker, but since it has a 10s cooldown now it's a worthless tactic.
Don't you lose DPS when you exhaust very time ?
Optimuss - WL - rr52
Ogimir - SW - rr50

User avatar
Wdova
Posts: 396

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#16 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 am

As a DW Skavenslayer I have like 3 tactic setups.

Brute force, wild gambit, jagged edge, accuracy for premade warband bombing

Brute force, wild gambit, flanking, push for more for 6-12 man with more focusing on single target with rare bombing situations

Brute force, wild gambit, riposte, Ancestral Inheritance for solo/pug/zerg playing(most of the time :-D)

Power thru is in most situation nothing more than suicidal.
Active
SM - Hajzl 40/7X
BW - Pyromanka 40/6X

Inactive
Slayer - Lokomotiv 40/7X
Kotbs - Valdstein 40/5X
WH - Vevoda 40/5X

User avatar
kmark101
Posts: 210

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#17 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:21 pm

OgiWanBG wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:39 am

Don't you lose DPS when you exhaust very time ?
Dead slayer does no dps, so no, you don't lose dps with going out of red often :)
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

User avatar
adamthelc
Posts: 605

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#18 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Wdova wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 am
As a DW Skavenslayer I have like 3 tactic setups.

Brute force, wild gambit, jagged edge, accuracy for premade warband bombing

Brute force, wild gambit, flanking, push for more for 6-12 man with more focusing on single target with rare bombing situations

Brute force, wild gambit, riposte, Ancestral Inheritance for solo/pug/zerg playing(most of the time :-D)

Power thru is in most situation nothing more than suicidal.
This or some derivative of this is the way to go.

The common theme is brute force + wild gambit and then 2 others. If you want some defense you have ancestral inheritance or stoutness of stone. If you want an offensive tactic there are some that are better for ST and some that are better for AoE.

I think fierce might could be pretty good in large scale fights. But I dont really do large scale much on my slayer so I cant really test that theory.

Ads
Baalos
Posts: 15

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#19 » Fri May 31, 2019 10:56 am

In a warband / bombing situations i'd still prefere Short Temper rather than fierce might due to Not being reliable enough compared to ST. As an opener for ragegain i'm just using the AP regain buff then pop rampage and start using ID till u gain berserk state and just tab through enemies while spamming ID. Works pretty well

User avatar
Stickzy
Posts: 241

Re: [SL] Let's talk about the Tactics

Post#20 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 pm

Double stat, str, aa haste, armor, flanking or JE for lol aoe dmg.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests