Recent Topics

Ads

Appearance Items

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orontes

Appearance Items

Post#1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:53 pm

I have an Engi. From Tier one I have always used the appearance of the Mallet of the Lady rather than a wrench. From lvl 8 to rr 80 this has been the case. My current wrench is the Sniper's Spanner of Glory rr45. Recently I put on the Hammer of the Decayed, just to look at it, and now I get a message that I can not reapply the Mallet of the Lady as the main hand cannot have its appearance altered. Is this a bug, or did something nasty happen with item appearances?

Ads
Thunderforge

Re: Appearance Items

Post#2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:50 am

Post deleted with apologies.
Last edited by Thunderforge on Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrang Thunderforge, Fierce Norscan Ironfinder
'Stumpi' Cogwasher, Least Engineer, Recruit 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
KLINKA NA KARAZ - GRUNGA NA GRUNGRON - AZ A NA ANKOR

warlover

Post#3 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:37 pm

Thunderforge wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:50 am Sorry, I’m hi-jacking your thread;
I wanted to use a dyed piece of armour ‘A’ as the appearance for a piece of armour ‘B’, but the character shows as wearing the un-dyed ‘A’ armour.
Is it a glitch or did I waste five gold crowns on dye?!
Very Rude do not hijack Threads

marisco

Post#4 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:55 pm

Thunderforge wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:50 am Sorry, I’m hi-jacking your thread;
I wanted to use a dyed piece of armour ‘A’ as the appearance for a piece of armour ‘B’, but the character shows as wearing the un-dyed ‘A’ armour.
Is it a glitch or did I waste five gold crowns on dye?!
The appearance you apply is only the model, not the color. For example if the piece A is colored red and you put that on appearance on a blue piece B, the result is a blue piece A. If you want it red you should dye the piece that is receiving the appearance, not the one that is giving it.

Ekundu01

Post#5 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Orontes wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:53 pm I have an Engi. From Tier one I have always used the appearance of the Mallet of the Lady rather than a wrench. From lvl 8 to rr 80 this has been the case. My current wrench is the Sniper's Spanner of Glory rr45. Recently I put on the Hammer of the Decayed, just to look at it, and now I get a message that I can not reapply the Mallet of the Lady as the main hand cannot have its appearance altered. Is this a bug, or did something nasty happen with item appearances?
Might be isolated to the RR45 weapons? I got a cool axe skin i wanted to use on my rr45 axe on my chosen and it says It can't be applied because it doesn't match the weapon type yet they are both axes only difference i see is the RR45 weapon says main hand or off hand and the weapon that i was trying to use as a skin says main hand only.
Trismack

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:57 pm

I also have this happen a lot when I want the appearance of a lower rank weapon. I have reported it on the Bugtracker before and I think it got labeled know/fixed but I still can't equip the appearances in question.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

anarchypark

Post#7 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Main hand and off hand is one of type.
SC weapons mostly have both.
main hand only type is defferent types.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)