Recent Topics

Ads

Engineer damage

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TiberiusD

Re: Engineer damage

Post#21 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Instead of saying "nerf class X" or "ability Y is broken" Why not saying: "Buff people up so they can learn how to play their classes properly?"

Seriously tho: a lot of you complain about classes and abilities, but I never saw ANY SINGLE ONE OF YOU complaining about people. IF you are failing against a class, learn you class better. if you see that your ability is encountered and you fail, git gud. People mentality is crucial in games like this one. If you don't know how to play your class, learn it. Don't blame the opposing one. If you see that your abilities suck, Invest more in those and learn them.

It's very easy to point out people, classes, abilities than to see your mistakes and try to fix them

Rant over.

P.S. I am sure that devs are aware of these things and are doing their best to fix them. DO NOT PUSH THEM AND WAIT!!!!.

Ads
zachary

Post#22 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:49 pm

>Instead of saying "nerf class X" or "ability Y is broken" Why not saying: "Buff people up so they can learn how to play their classes properly?"

My usual response is to say, "As class X, how do I survive an attack like Y by class Z?" That usually elicits _some_ help - but often the response is, "Have a good healer nearby" or "Balance isn't at the 1v1 level". My point is: there is not always a 'proper' way to play a class and survive every situation - sometimes all you can do is die and respawn - so telling people "Learn to play your class properly!" isn't very helpful.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Crumbs

Post#23 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:30 pm

zachary wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:49 pm >Instead of saying "nerf class X" or "ability Y is broken" Why not saying: "Buff people up so they can learn how to play their classes properly?"

My usual response is to say, "As class X, how do I survive an attack like Y by class Z?" That usually elicits _some_ help - but often the response is, "Have a good healer nearby" or "Balance isn't at the 1v1 level". My point is: there is not always a 'proper' way to play a class and survive every situation - sometimes all you can do is die and respawn - so telling people "Learn to play your class properly!" isn't very helpful.
It's smarter smarter than believing; "sometimes all you can do is die and respawn" and "there's not always a proper way to play a class and survive every situation" because at the end of the day, that's exactly what it comes down to.

It's how well you know how to deal with --- literally every encounter you come across. You will die, but rarely will it be "all you can do". I can tell you I was not a good engi even though I thought I was at rr70 on my previous toon. You learn the **** you can't challenge head on and make workarounds and attempt problem solve for everything (and you're never going to be good at it if you don't understand your enemies classes, players, and playstyle like you do your own). People tend flop on hard challenges and blame anything they can think of. I was one of them (and still am rarely), then I wise up and put in the hard yards and am often rewarded. Lots of theorycrafting and practical testing, you'll get there one day, there's many aspects to master in this game.

You'll learn a lot more from losing fights and SCS than winning them, but as soon as people start to lose/die, serotonin starts dropping and as does mood and confidence (and every other mental performance aspect), so a part of your logical thinking goes out the window. That has to be regulated constantly

Even the seemingly impossible can be seen as a challenge and that mentality will take you places.

Thing is there's even more I can elaborate on but that's just evidence that there's another world of learning here. In an online competetive game everyone adapts to adaptations and therefore require new adaptations, it doesn't end, so neither do real challenges.

If anybody wants a piece of my mind message me in game, I'm online after Aussie work hours, you don't know what you will learn.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

TiberiusD

Post#24 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 pm

Crumbs wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:30 pm
zachary wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:49 pm >Instead of saying "nerf class X" or "ability Y is broken" Why not saying: "Buff people up so they can learn how to play their classes properly?"

It's smarter smarter than believing; "sometimes all you can do is die and respawn" and "there's not always a proper way to play a class and survive every situation" because at the end of the day, that's exactly what it comes down to.

It's how well you know how to deal with --- literally every encounter you come across. You will die, but rarely will it be "all you can do". I can tell you I was not a good engi even though I thought I was at rr70 on my previous toon. You learn the **** you can't challenge head on and make workarounds and attempt problem solve for everything (and you're never going to be good at it if you don't understand your enemies classes, players, and playstyle like you do your own). People tend flop on hard challenges and blame anything they can think of. I was one of them (and still am rarely), then I wise up and put in the hard yards and am often rewarded. Lots of theorycrafting and practical testing, you'll get there one day, there's many aspects to master in this game.

You'll learn a lot more from losing fights and SCS than winning them, but as soon as people start to lose/die, serotonin starts dropping and as does mood and confidence (and every other mental performance aspect), so a part of your logical thinking goes out the window. That has to be regulated constantly

Even the seemingly impossible can be seen as a challenge and that mentality will take you places.

Thing is there's even more I can elaborate on but that's just evidence that there's another world of learning here. In an online competetive game everyone adapts to adaptations and therefore require new adaptations, it doesn't end, so neither do real challenges.

If anybody wants a piece of my mind message me in game, I'm online after Aussie work hours, you don't know what you will learn.
Dundy Please PM me your Discord name