Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] Returning Player - 16-39 Advice

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
mjmisita

[IB] Returning Player - 16-39 Advice

Post#1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:22 pm

Greetings,

Preface this with explaining that I am a player from Badlands and had a RR100 BO back in the day, so I'm familiar with the game, however I admit that I am rusty and have forgotten alot. That being said, I've recently finished T1 and have moved into the 16-39 pool of players.

My questions:

1. What should I be doing to progress with the lack of T2 and T3 play? I feel extremely gimpy in oRvR. I've been just queueing for SC's and guarding the highest ranked mdps I happen to be grouped with.
2. As far as gearing goes, what should my gear goals be? At 20, what gear should I have? (30, 40)? Is the Decimator, OBliterator, etc sets worth getting medallians for? Is there other sets?

Again, thank you ahead of time for any help provided. It is much appreciated.

-Wamfom Frostbeard the Ironbreaker

Ads
Blasio

Re: [IB] Returning Player - 16-39 Advice

Post#2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 pm

I just came back after a long hiatus so I might be mistaken in some points.
I found some fights in T2-T3 occasionally but its not every day like T4. Keep pressing L to check if there is a WB there. You can also go to T4 you will scale up in some way.
While leveling I just use greens you can buy in the capitals at the vendor (war quarter in Altdorf). At lvl 36 you can wear the Ruin set its a good starting set. I dont know where you can get it on destro side but I guess its a PQ like the order conuterpart.

Fey

Post#3 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:55 am

Ruin is an excellent set for low rr s&b, armor set bonus and +7 to block. Order if I'm not mistaken farm the greenskin PQ in NW Eataine. For xp I usually pick up butchering and farm scales for armor pots, or bats for absorb pots. Queue scens while mob grinding.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Cornerback

Post#4 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:35 am

Blasio wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:47 pm I just came back after a long hiatus so I might be mistaken in some points.
I found some fights in T2-T3 occasionally but its not every day like T4. Keep pressing L to check if there is a WB there. You can also go to T4 you will scale up in some way.
While leveling I just use greens you can buy in the capitals at the vendor (war quarter in Altdorf). At lvl 36 you can wear the Ruin set its a good starting set. I dont know where you can get it on destro side but I guess its a PQ like the order conuterpart.
T2/t3 don't exist anymore. T2-T4 were merged. Once you are lvl 16+ and enter any t2+ rvr zone, you get bolstered to rank 48 to make up for the missing gear. Bolstered lowbies are pretty tough in rvr.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:14 am

Gear wise buy the T2 and T3 ORvR sets. Inbetween buy the weapon sets as fast as possible. Generally gear becomes obsolete 3 levels after you get it. So don’t be afraid to do public quests or auction house more up to date gear pieces. Especially helms, cloaks, shoulders, jewels, etc at lower levels.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

mjmisita

Post#6 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:35 am

Holy.

I appreciate the feedback very much. Thank you for all replies. Much obliged.

So from what I've gathered, PvE matters on this server? the gear actually is meaningful? And I should farm PvE mobs while queuing for Sc's in order to get the best (currency) to buy the gear i'll need end game?

Again, thank you all. Just looking for a little guidance to not waste time getting to point of 6-man group oRvR roam game.

I guess if I could pose at this point, 3.) how much does the bolster help at this point? Is it just stats and ability to guard/position/target win out? Or will I be vastly wasting my time beating on squishes sitting in invader while the other train does work on my back line?

Ototo

Post#7 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:59 am

mjmisita wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:35 am Holy.

I appreciate the feedback very much. Thank you for all replies. Much obliged.

1 So from what I've gathered, PvE matters on this server?
2 the gear actually is meaningful?
3 And I should farm PvE mobs while queuing for Sc's in order to get the best (currency) to buy the gear i'll need end game?

Again, thank you all. Just looking for a little guidance to not waste time getting to point of 6-man group oRvR roam game.

I guess if I could pose at this point,
4 how much does the bolster help at this point?
5 Is it just stats and ability to guard/position/target win out?
6 Or will I be vastly wasting my time beating on squishes sitting in invader while the other train does work on my back line?
Numbered your questions:

1 kind of. It's not like in live server where PvE items were useless. Here they can be useful and have a correct progression.

2 Yes, but you can get similar in PvP. Up to you.

3 No. Your best bet is to jump into an RvR lake active and fight. Forget about the T2-3 influences though.

4 A lot. Nobody's rolfstomped unless that organization and/or number contribute to it. OFC there are OP classes, but if you are in a WL, in example, you are only slightly less powerful at level 20 than a level 40 in annihilator is. They really made a great job with the bolster here.

5 Stats only.

6 Obviously the bolster has its limits. There is no way to beat a min-maxed character with random gear and bolster. I mean, it's hard even for other min-maxed characters, so guess with a random cocktail of equipment.
Spoiler:

mjmisita

Post#8 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:59 am Numbered your questions:

1 kind of. It's not like in live server where PvE items were useless. Here they can be useful and have a correct progression.

2 Yes, but you can get similar in PvP. Up to you.

3 No. Your best bet is to jump into an RvR lake active and fight. Forget about the T2-3 influences though.

4 A lot. Nobody's rolfstomped unless that organization and/or number contribute to it. OFC there are OP classes, but if you are in a WL, in example, you are only slightly less powerful at level 20 than a level 40 in annihilator is. They really made a great job with the bolster here.

5 Stats only.

6 Obviously the bolster has its limits. There is no way to beat a min-maxed character with random gear and bolster. I mean, it's hard even for other min-maxed characters, so guess with a random cocktail of equipment.
Thank you. More help than I expected. I appreciate everyone. See y'all in Praag.

Ads