Recent Topics

Ads

RP dps

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vizio

RP dps

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2020 3:56 am

Before I get a bunch of toxic rage responses I want to be perfectly clear. I am a healer. But every now and then I just need some "me" time to get away from the healing drama. Now that I am getting up into the higher RR I tend to like to respect dps and run some PQ's solo just to unwind, sometimes wander about solo in RvR lakes to see what I can do. I am looking for some feedback on RP dps guides and builds. I did find some posts that are a little dated and the links of builds go to an expired website. Cheers.

Ads
Wiede

Re: RP dps

Post#2 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:43 am

You will not find any Guides, cause dps RP/Zeal is just broken up. There is literally NO way to play pvp-dps on these classes.

Instead i can tell you what's kinda fun:
- being a annoying slow machine
RoR.builders - Runepriest
- snipersquad member
- AoE Farm

Shooshpanzerer

Post#3 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:53 am

Well, DPS RP (same with DPS Zeal) was killed as a collateral damage with DPS DoK nerf. Before the Nerf they were a source of AoE healdebuff and justified 1 spot in premade WB. Zeal was better, bringing armor+corp debuff and a good tactical tool in Winds, while RP brings only Armor. With the Nerf it's gone.

samster

Post#4 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:55 am

For light AoE PvE farming you can go with this:
The Winds Impervious jewelry set + skaven ring (unobtainable now, afaik);
5 pieces of Conqueror (all except chestpiece);
3 pieces of Beastlord (chestpiece, pocket item, cape);
A staff with Pilfer proc (steals a little HP when hit);
Stick an armor talisman wherever you can, buy some Lasting Hooked Ointment from the auction house.
Learn the Rune of Battle and the tactic Efficient Runecarving. That + Divine Fury, Rune of Breaking, and your limited number of AoE spells should keep you more or less safe in a bunch of 10-14 monsters lvl 37-40.
Throw in a guild banner with PvE bonuses for safety.

As for going DPS in PvP...
If the situation allows it, I pop the Rune of Breaking, switch from healing tactics to *DPS* (Concussive Runes + Extended Battle + Rune of Nullification) without changing gear (~20% crits), and try to throw a Rune of Battle onto a reliable moshpit fanatic, and cast the Rune of Cleaving if i get a chance to go near a group of destro without dying.

Heal debuff procs pretty often and Armor debuff is still pretty mean.

Wiede

Post#5 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:00 am

Afaik healdebuff doesn't proc of AoE-Spells anymore so there's no reason to aoe dps anymore as RP.

Crumbs

Post#6 » Sun May 17, 2020 10:15 am

Ask Verenduum in game for his build, best dps RP, he runs it in pvp and organized, hes a god. Just understand that -DPS- runepriest doesnt mean BW dps kill everything - its an alternative utility/support dps spec thats not easy to play, but rewarding when played correctly and synergized.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Wait, what? Did they remove the heal de-buff AoE proc? Compared to coordinated Morale drops these de-buffs are harmless and in good spirit with the high risk/high reward philosophy. Wtf is the point of the AoE dps skills then? What was the official argumentative point for this? Seriously, pushing classes into a single direction and 1 or 2 efficient specs is exactly the opposite direction the development should go.