Recent Topics

Ads

[ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Bartibus
Posts: 8

[ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#1 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi all,

I am a ~RR 70 engineer and currently looking out for gear options after vanquisher/reverence/genesis. I know there has been a thread in the past about that, but I want to talk specifically about souvereign gear. I really enjoy the grenadier spec of engineer, and it feels kinda frustrating to keep grinding, when there is no souvereign set for grenadier engineers. I know that there is the warlord set for grenadiers, but the set is kinda mediocre i think, and even if it would be good, it still 10 Itemranks below souvereign. The one triumphant set, seems interesting, but the itemrank compared to souvereign is still worse.

So I wanted to ask, why is there no specific grenadier souvereign set for engineers? In my opinion, as it stands currently, the game leads you to reroll to tinkerer or rifler in the very endgame, because the best possible items you can obtain are for those specs. I dont know if this "problem" also exists for other classes, but it is kinda discouraging for me, because I really like grenadier, and I dont like the other specs as much, and I dont want to wear a worse set (Warlord or w/e item-combination is best for grenadier) just because of the spec i am playing.

Do you guys think the item situation for grenadier engineer is fine as it is? (Am I maybe missing something?)
Do other classes have a similar problem, where there is no souvereign set for a spec?

Would love to get feedback

Ads
User avatar
Telen
Suspended
Posts: 2545
Contact:

Re: [ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#2 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:56 pm

Same for Vaul spec AMs which Im hoping to go back to when the trees fixed
Image

ChicagoJoe
Posts: 137

Re: [ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#3 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Its been posted before. Warlord still kinda wonky with weapon skill and auto attack. The AA doesn't make sense, because you AA single target, nor the weapon skill buffs. Wargrimner addressed the really weird +AA but didn't fix the others.

Warlord still is very nice as it is cheaper and has the +99 ranged power. The armor reduction is nice but you get better armor reduction on 5 piece onslaught, and same on bloodlord.

May be better to mix or go alt sov and get the slow proc, and grab 15% crit tactic.

Bartibus
Posts: 8

Re: [ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#4 » Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 pm
Its been posted before. Warlord still kinda wonky with weapon skill and auto attack. The AA doesn't make sense, because you AA single target, nor the weapon skill buffs. Wargrimner addressed the really weird +AA but didn't fix the others.

Warlord still is very nice as it is cheaper and has the +99 ranged power. The armor reduction is nice but you get better armor reduction on 5 piece onslaught, and same on bloodlord.

May be better to mix or go alt sov and get the slow proc, and grab 15% crit tactic.
Thanks for your feedback.
I have also thought about that last option you have mentioned, but it would still feel kinda meh.
I just think it would be very satisfying, atleast for me, to gear a full souvereign set, and know, i have won the game.
Warlord is of course cheaper, which is nice, but it doesnt bother me that much. I would rather grind more and equip the 100%-no-doubt-best-in-slot-grenadier-souvereign-set.
That would be great in my opinion.

ChicagoJoe
Posts: 137

Re: [ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#5 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Warlord is considered BIS for some trees with certain classes over Sov/Alt Sov and is much cheaper. I have 7/8 Sov but really prefer the grenade/tinker playstyle and if I could go back I'd do Warlord instead. Some of the Warlord pieces have same bonuses, btw. Some people look for the armor debuff in cities.

You may be able to get the forthcoming Sov Weapons and get Warlord and be more potent.

Bartibus
Posts: 8

Re: [ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#6 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:37 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:53 pm
Warlord is considered BIS for some trees with certain classes over Sov/Alt Sov and is much cheaper. I have 7/8 Sov but really prefer the grenade/tinker playstyle and if I could go back I'd do Warlord instead. Some of the Warlord pieces have same bonuses, btw. Some people look for the armor debuff in cities.

You may be able to get the forthcoming Sov Weapons and get Warlord and be more potent.
Thank you again for the infos. I mean it is fine, I think I can be somewhat satisfied by this approach. But I still dont understand, why the grenadier set should be lower itemtier than the other 2 specs endgame sets. Aswell as having partially weird stats.

User avatar
Crumbs
Posts: 162

Re: [ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#7 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:55 am

Grenadier engi is combined with tinkerer, with the +2 from warlord you can pick up magnet, napalm, lightning rod and phos shells, all the strongest aoe you need. Also tinkerer is a hybrid physical/corp tree with one of the best aoe spammables engi has, being locked behind armor wall.

The way an engi is supposed to build for warlord is to slot WS Talis on everything, they use masterful aim and fighting chance. You don't need a single point of BS from any outside source other than gear and tactics. Renown spent on maxed crit, 0% chance to be crit, and the rest on deft defender or weaponskill. In that setup engi has 45% natural armor pen, 1020-1050BS ~+150 ranged power and 42% crit with liniment. Huge.

And through spamming blunderbuss you can proc aoe armordebuff further increasing your aoe cleave ability, and slayers/wls.

The -reduced chance to be dodged is great for reliable magnets and cc and generally everything you do including procing debuffs on blunderbuss. The auto attack speed is great as engis autoattack will be doing physical and this set boosts your physical damage abilities. Many a time I've secured a kill in this build just by standing still and letting my autoattack do it's thing. Honestly I wouldn't change anything for this set. Spanner swipe dealing physical and being uninterruptible makes for a great melee finisher. It's the best of both worlds for single target and aoe.

BIS for warbands and city. Tied with offensive sov
Mekanik [engi] 40/85
[magus] 40/70

Bartibus
Posts: 8

Re: [ENGI] Souvereign gear for grenadier

Post#8 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:37 am

Crumbs wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 7:55 am
Grenadier engi is combined with tinkerer, with the +2 from warlord you can pick up magnet, napalm, lightning rod and phos shells, all the strongest aoe you need. Also tinkerer is a hybrid physical/corp tree with one of the best aoe spammables engi has, being locked behind armor wall.

The way an engi is supposed to build for warlord is to slot WS Talis on everything, they use masterful aim and fighting chance. You don't need a single point of BS from any outside source other than gear and tactics. Renown spent on maxed crit, 0% chance to be crit, and the rest on deft defender or weaponskill. In that setup engi has 45% natural armor pen, 1020-1050BS ~+150 ranged power and 42% crit with liniment. Huge.

And through spamming blunderbuss you can proc aoe armordebuff further increasing your aoe cleave ability, and slayers/wls.

The -reduced chance to be dodged is great for reliable magnets and cc and generally everything you do including procing debuffs on blunderbuss. The auto attack speed is great as engis autoattack will be doing physical and this set boosts your physical damage abilities. Many a time I've secured a kill in this build just by standing still and letting my autoattack do it's thing. Honestly I wouldn't change anything for this set. Spanner swipe dealing physical and being uninterruptible makes for a great melee finisher. It's the best of both worlds for single target and aoe.

BIS for warbands and city. Tied with offensive sov
Thank you very very much man. This is very helpful and was exactly what i was looking/hoping for as a reply. This fixes all problems I have with the gear progression on engineers. Thank you man.

Ads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests