Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Holding Grudges (and general 2h play)

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
zulnam

Re: [Slayer] Holding Grudges (and general 2h play)

Post#11 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:00 am

My Slayer's almost 40. I am very excited to start gearing him up and just SMASH some destro frontlines.

That said I do like to play all aspects of a class, so i am looking into Slayer 2H as well for smallscale.

Is 2H stronger for burst over dw? Looking over the specs it doesn't feel like you get too much from it. If Breaking Point tactic would increase all crit by 15% when going 2H it would be a no brainer; but as is, not so sure.

Also, is Spellbreaker really that good? Best case scenario it takes away 3 buffs/spells from the enemy; but it they don't have any i assume you don't even use it.
Meanwhile, Rune of Absorption to me sounds like a great ability. Channel attack that also heals you for all damage done.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#12 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:42 pm

Holding grudges tactic should be part of the class mechanic. When you use 2h you automatically gain holding grudges buff. Still even if that was the case dual wield is still better in every way. Fierce might <3
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Whyumadbro

Post#13 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:04 pm

Holding grudges tactic should be part of the class mechanic! This would be a step in the right direction

Bowldancer

Post#14 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:27 pm

I don't want Holding Grudges as part of the class mechanic - I rather want Power Through and Holding Grudges gain secondary effects so we don't waste a whole tactic slot just for managing the class mechanic.

They are mandatory for 2H and leave you tactic-starved with just one free slot.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE