Recent Topics

Ads

[ENGI] Aoe engineer at 1v1 situations

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Shakur

Re: [ENGI] Aoe engineer at 1v1 situations

Post#21 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:29 am

Zxul wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:59 pm
Starx wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:26 am And as engineer you can kite every single class on destro besides MSH. And you have a favorable matchup against every single ranged class on destro besides DPS Sham.
Wanna bet you won't be able to kite my hybrid dok?
With this build?

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=33084

Ads
Zxul

Post#22 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:34 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:56 pm Just FYI, cleanse works in a way it removes something applied first. Acid bomb is not part of burst rotation. No insta cleanse tactic on DoK makes it quite easy to hide stuff and recast.
Yep, however gl with timing burst that can actually do something useful past cleanse (recasting will costs you GCDs) and past FS.

Used this screenshot for wl discussions before, but half of it is engi, so this is the lvl of mitigation you will have to deal with:

nocturnalguest wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:56 pmEngi has alot of utility - disarm (which you have space to slot into rifle/nade and rifle/tinker mixes), stun, stagger, various kb's (both core, st&aoe), build time increase, snare (ranged and melee one), insta turret etc. but most people just use it incorrect. I already gave example of good engi in 1v1 fights with video link where you can see a very good play of engi. Lad been winning different DoKs as well.
Disarm just means detaunt/heal to full time. Stun requires dropping pet= instant dmg loss from stacks. Stagger just buy you some range at most, while my ranged attack has 65 f range. Kb same. Ets ets.
nocturnalguest wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:56 pmStill i dont see how your point with DoK debunks the point that engi is a great, versatile class for 1v1 and great kiting skills are mandatory to play it.
It doesn't, my original post was referring specifically to Starx saying that he can kite every destro class besides msh. Also, I don't have an experience playing engi, but from playing magus tank spec worked much better than kiting.
Crumbs wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm If you want a proper 1v1 come fight my engi anytime. I'll even start fight without turret

We hold 1v1 events in chaos wastes from time to time. Might offer gold as incentive
Will when I'm on. And between toons I'm already somewhere past 10 k gold which I don't have much to do with.
Shakur wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:29 am With this build?

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=33084
Improved since the OP a few things, but in general yep this one.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

phononHYPE

Post#23 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:38 pm

"I am aoe ... why do I lose 1v1" That is it right there.

I regularly get killed by (insert: everyone) engies who are solo, in almost all specs. Mine to stun, get room as you dot up, knockback (is that core for you?), kite or detaunt as need + pots, snare, reapply dots... yadda yadda.

Note, this doesn't work on 2h choppas so don't do any of this. For them, you want to run out of turret range and dot, while hoping they stay to hit your turret so you can dot. Also, make sure you are facing away from them so they think you are looking at another target. Also also, take off your armor please and use no tactics.

<3
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

catholicism198

Post#24 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:49 pm

You’ll never win a 1v1 in an ae spec unless you go with defensive gear and have your pots up.

Choppas are really easy to take out in a fight unless they have a tank or healer with them. I’ve honestly never come across one that can take my engineer out after I got out of vanq.
WE are 50/50. It’s funny when they come after me, end up using five pots and then running away.

TiberiusD

Post#25 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:38 am

mytreds wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:43 am What is your build? How much wounds and armor are you running? What weapons do you have?

Regardless of those answers to my questions, a magnet engie is the best chance you have to 1v1. Grenadiers and snipers need to stay back and do damage from distance. You are ranged dps, not a WH, WL, or slayer. Mag engines use flame turret, lightning rod, mines, friction burn, blunderbuss, etc etc to do damage from close range.

Aside- Are we the only class to hold a melee weapon and have only two abilities that use it?
Path of Tinkerer abilities :D