Rampage vs. GTDC

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eschatology

Rampage vs. GTDC

Post#1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:05 pm

After the recent spate of posts regarding GTDC, I figured I would offer a constructive suggestion to even things out. In order to counter GTDC, Order needs to be able to close the gap with Destro. I recommend a 20% movement speed increase and snare immunity for a Slayer's party during Rampage. That should work, right?

Ads
Wuhh

Re: Rampage vs. GTDC

Post#2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:23 pm

yes, and while we're at it let us give all melee classes ranged weapons, and all ranged classes heavy armour ...

the recent spate of GTDC complaints isn't recent, it's an on going saga many of us on Destro find quite amusing. And i'm sure the Rampage posts give amusement for Order too.

All I ever read from the Devs is - all is working as intended and there are no changes planned.

Just live with it, or counter it; or runaway from every choppa you see, just incase they randomly pull you and reduce your green pixel bar to zero, making you push another arrangement of pixels to reconstitute your other pixels, into another place of pixel haven.

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#3 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:40 pm

A good coordinated city warband will be able to interrupt GTTC instantly. I have trouble ever using GTTC against good warbands because they counter it so hard, sometimes I just don't use it.
gorbane - choppa

ravezaar

Post#4 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:53 pm

12y of this WHY ? seriously
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:53 pm

As a Slayer main, my proposal is simple:

-Take away my Rampage
-Get rid of GTDC

Gorbane's not even using it all the time, so it obviously won't be missed.

You don't even have to buff us in compensation. Just delete both skills and all the "whinging" will stop.

I am completely serious for once.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Sarnai

Post#6 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Just give them both rampage but if they’re used against each other it does zero damage, kills all the flightmasters and changes both players’ ringtones to ‘lady in red.’
WH looking for gunbad left

Noslock

Post#7 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Please take gtdc so at least i have a chance to do 1 single punt instead of having targets immune 99% of the time in open rvr cause plebs spam that ****

hammerhead

Post#8 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:38 pm

The problem is not the GTDC itself, but the fact that all patch are tailored to a very specific style of play that requires not just coordination from the order, but a certain presetup that generally turns half of the class order into feed. The problem is the combination of GTDC and 24 aoe cap. And it’s not clear to me as a tank with experience where you saw 2 or 3 slayers within a radius of 30 feet so that the ID and Rampage worked to its fullest. But GTDCH gets all the best from this change, it just got to stand upright and receive an immune for 20 seconds to use on command. This is not something that would be completely irresistible, but it’s definitely the upper hand for destruction.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
desizt

Post#9 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Oh god, any Order complaining about GTDC "being broken op" has achieved the pinnacle of being an ignorant noob at it's purest sense.
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

ravezaar

Post#10 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:43 pm

Any Destro complaining about Rampage "being broken op" has achieved the pinnacle of being an ignorant noob at it's purest sense.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ