Rampage vs. GTDC

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
desizt

Re: Rampage vs. GTDC

Post#21 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:00 am

ravezaar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:43 pm Any Destro complaining about Rampage "being broken op" has achieved the pinnacle of being an ignorant noob at it's purest sense.
Yes because rampage gives so many immunities and totally doesnt make slayer cleave comps next tier OP......
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
Zymer

Post#22 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:16 am

gurtuk wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:55 am
jvlosky wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 pm
gurtuk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:40 pm A good coordinated city warband will be able to interrupt GTTC instantly. I have trouble ever using GTTC against good warbands because they counter it so hard, sometimes I just don't use it.
This kind of makes no sense seeing as it is literally undefendable with the first pull happening at 0 seconds. How can you defend it? Be clairvoyant and know which choppa is about to use the ability and interrupt them before they even cast it? What?
Did you know there are add-ons that instantly interrupt abilities? Yeah that's a thing lol.
As someone who is new, is this for real? Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but are you saying the Addons do the interrupt for the player? If so, that seems like straight up cheating and not in the spirit of a competitive game.

ravezaar

Post#23 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:55 am

yea altering class mechanics and unique skills seems legit, ID-cleansable, Core M2 to Mastery M4, Shatter limbs given to another Class, why not take away the last skill that makes the Class playable aswell.

so many clueless ppl here that after so many years really should have a better grasp on the game.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Acidic

Post#24 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:23 am

From my perspective the two skills are focused on very different areas.

GTDC - oRVR useful where players have the ability to run around and or there is a blob u can pull players to insta kill by blob. Multiple stacked not a huge benefit .

Rampage - cities confined spaces and oRvR . When piped in these confined space there is no way to avoid the aoe from slayers, stacked with multiple slayers insta death to both guarded and tank (24 hit cap on aoe) when organised warband use rampage synchronized to give spike damage .

In my opinion rampage wins noticeably in city and GTDC vs rampage is about even in open spaces.
Last edited by Acidic on Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shivers

Post#25 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:25 am

lyncher12 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:46 pm gtdc hits for 1000 its really strong
Hits in 1000 can only be in a dummy, in a battle where 24vs24 maximum numbers that you will see will average 700 (crit) times in 2sec , this is not the damage that is worth being afraid of

Sulorie

Post#26 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:44 am

jvlosky wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 pm
gurtuk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:40 pm A good coordinated city warband will be able to interrupt GTTC instantly. I have trouble ever using GTTC against good warbands because they counter it so hard, sometimes I just don't use it.
This kind of makes no sense seeing as it is literally undefendable with the first pull happening at 0 seconds. How can you defend it? Be clairvoyant and know which choppa is about to use the ability and interrupt them before they even cast it? What?
Pulling one target is meaningless and before the 2nd pull you interrupt it. Or you just don't care, because all, who could get pulled, should have guard anyway.
You want to kill the enemy with your own melee frontline, no? Then getting closer to the enemy is right what the pull is doing.
Dying is no option.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#27 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:45 am

Foofmonger wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:44 pm Would be a great argument if you didn't forget about Shadowstep and Wings of Heaven.

Game is literally asymmetrical, it's not a meme. Order still has 3 options for mobile "jump assaults", and destro has never been able to pounce in with guarded DPS, whereas coordinated order can.

Order complains about GTDC but they have no experience on being the receiving end of Slayers, and the ignorance is just astounding. You complain that GTDC is undefendable, not realizing that your mirror MDPS class is completely undefendable, including attacks like ID which everyone conveniently forgets about. These kind of complaints just ooze bias because they show a lack of overall perspective on what both realms can do, i.e. grass is greener bullshit.

It's not that I personally care about GTDC, it's about that honestly, Slayer is a better class and this is a 0-perspective red herring argument. Sure, dealing with GTDC is annoying. Would you rather Choppas have rampage? I bet you wouldn't if you knew what it was like to deal with completely undefendable MDPS deathballs.

As a destro player I 100% support removing rampage and giving Slayers a GTDC variant. That would be a nerf to Slayers and a boon for me. Or removing GTDC and giving Choppas Rampage, again, a buff to destro. But lack of perspective whine posts are about as useful as dirty toilet paper.
It doesnt matter how many each side has. That each side has the ability affects balance. I totally agree that the game is asymmetrical. It was balanced carefully this way. Order had antikiter mobile mdps, des didnt. Des had kiting racials, order didnt. Asymmetry is meant to be a two way thing. Problem is whoever is behind changes probably Torque has never understood the nature of the asymmetry and has always balanced in a vacuum based on the class hes currently playing. He didnt know enough about the game so each change ignored the overall balance.