Recent Topics

Ads

IB Tactics

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
funnytroll

Re: IB Tactics

Post#11 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:03 am

Kaelang wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:16 pm
kauyon1 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:54 pm
funnytroll wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:37 pm Yep,have same problem since march
Only IB have this bug.You can check https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/15857 this post.May be the reason why not fixed yet cause topic have label could not reproduce.
So, Devs don't play IB, so not an issue. Got it.
Not true.

It's a legacy issue - and everytime I've been on dev trying to replicate it, I can't. Other devs have also been on dev trying to find causation, but we can't find a reason. Without a reason, we can't get a fix.
I have this bug after i try to check does tactic long-held grudge work)

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#12 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:34 am

nuadarstark wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 am I find it ridiculous that devs can't seem to replicate an issue most IBs I know are complaining about constantly.

I guess weekly SW nerfs have heigher priority.
I'm kind of on your side about the SW nerf... But jezzz really?

You turn a "IB Tactics" topic into a b**** war?

BTW, guildmate IB full warlord stopped playing cuz of that bug :?
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

nuadarstark

Post#13 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:03 am

Look, it's just a dig at devs, ignore it if you find it grating.

But yeah, also had IB guildies quit playing because their favourite class was not getting any attention and a massive bug like this was never resolved.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

kauyon1

Post#14 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:49 pm

So far I can't find an IB in game that DOESN'T have this issue.

I just get the same answer:

Empty tactic bar 1, the system will default to 2.

Kaelang

Post#15 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:45 am I find it ridiculous that devs can't seem to replicate an issue most IBs I know are complaining about constantly.
It's likely because comments such as this one don't offer any help to replicating the problem.

There's 1800 listed reports on the tracker, if we have to spend time on every single one trying to find the problem, instead of people providing steps to replicate the issue (which is what should be on the tracker in the first place) - there's be no time left to do anything else.

We're a small team, if there's an issue, and you can replicate it, tell us how you're replicating it. Don't just say 'there's a problem here' and expect us to drop everything to try and find out what the problem is and where it's coming from.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

zakgrin

Post#16 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pm
It's likely because comments such as this one don't offer any help to replicating the problem.

There's 1800 listed reports on the tracker, if we have to spend time on every single one trying to find the problem, instead of people providing steps to replicate the issue (which is what should be on the tracker in the first place) - there's be no time left to do anything else.

We're a small team, if there's an issue, and you can replicate it, tell us how you're replicating it. Don't just say 'there's a problem here' and expect us to drop everything to try and find out what the problem is and where it's coming from.
I don't know if you are specifically responding to the tone of their comment, but help me understand this, are the steps to replicate this issue not sufficient in the OP and comments of this thread https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issue ... -593625961? I can go back and update the OP with some of the stuff mentioned in the comments if you think it would be helpful.
Zakgrin - rr8x Ironbreaker
Knights of Order
Ironbreaker Guide - Suggestions and Feedback always welcome!

Ramlaen

Post#17 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:57 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 pmand you can replicate it, tell us how you're replicating it.
When I first log on my IB my first tactic bar is visually blank even if it has tactics slotted.

If I change equipment, like say swapping from 2h to shield, the tactic Long Held Grudge is put on my bar. I haven't been able to test if this is just a visual bug.

When I zone I have noticed tactics not working, like not generating grudge despite having Rising Anger slotted.

These issues are remedied by cycling my tactics bar.
Last edited by Ramlaen on Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

hammerhead

Post#18 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:16 pm It's a legacy issue - and everytime I've been on dev trying to replicate it, I can't.
With all due respect to you guys, but let's not cheat on each other. This problem has existed since March. At first I thought that it was I who installed some kind of addon, but due to laziness I didn’t figure it out, and later I saw the first message on the forum and I realized that it’s not about personal settings. In any case, you can live with it. The question is why ...

I am one of those who remembers pigs instead of mounts and half a non-working skillbar. This is not an old problem at all.
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
Kaelang

Post#19 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:23 pm

I'll log on and dev and play around with the IB to see if I can get it to trigger.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

notrandomatall

Post#20 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:48 pm

I haven't encountered this issue on my IB, I'm using tactic bar 2 though and have been as long as I can remeber on my IB.