Recent Topics

Ads

Grimnir's Fury is a joke, what would you replace it with if you could?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ramlaen

Grimnir's Fury is a joke, what would you replace it with if you could?

Post#1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:25 pm

Sorry just had to get that off my chest. But it really is for a 13 point ability, the absurd cast time makes it functionally unusable.
Last edited by Ramlaen on Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Grimnir's Fury is a joke, what would you replace it with if you could?

Post#2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:31 pm

I dont bring it on my RP, usually just way better to bring something else and try to get resses going by repositioning and getting the other healer back up.

3m cooldown for getting caught by the crap ton of pulls/knockdowns/knockbacks/etc is just too risky plus if 3-4 grp mates are down then you are likely dead soon anyways.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Grock

Post#3 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:33 pm

We tried using it in dwarf warbands long ago, but basically the only real use it has is to pick up your group after a wipe via the self-rez rune
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

cleanharry030

Post#4 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:02 pm

Every time i look at my Runi i think of my Aug specced dwarven Healer in DAoC, so i was thinking to replace the useless rez with something like a casted Shining Blade effect from Knights for extra dmg on next attack for group. Actually i was thinking of Combat Haste but i guess that would be overkill.
Ybilla WP / Valrelen DoK

Not Good Enough / NGE

Gurf

Post#5 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 pm

Most useless ability in game, I'd be surprised if it's been used even once effectively in the history of ror.

The replacement is a bit tricky as RP don't need any more healing spells, they already have some debuffs, and it is in the aoe tree so has to be aoe.

My idea is a channelled aoe damage dealing ability, undefendable, with speed boost while channelled. Basically what I am saying is GTDC without the pull, but does magic damage, maybe hits an extra person. Dest already have shammy with speed boost so can't complain about order having one, plus you can't heal while channelling so not great for escape, but could make RP bomb spec a lot of fun. It's in the same position in tree as GTDC, but forget the pull neither side wants another one.

cimator

Post#6 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 pm

Its a completely trash ability. Only use i could find for it was that you could res ppl bugged in terrain when you cant have line of sight :D

For fixing the ability instead of full replacement with something else, my suggestion is;
- Increase the range to 80-100ft around you(still only party members)
- Reduce the cast time to 2.5 or 3 seconds
- Increase the cooldown to 10min if both of the above changes are applied
-Leakypants
-Leakyskull
-Leakybrains

-Leakyburn(Cimator)
-Midgety Claus
-Runawayop
-Rampageop

Cobra81

Post#7 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:59 am

"Rune of Nullification" and "Rune of Sundering" are also a joke.

Orders Skill-distribution, compared to Destros, is overall a joke. But it is like it is atm. But i like to play my Runi :-D

malmar

Post#8 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:25 am

Channeled cc immunity? 6s channel for your group and 30s cooldown.

Ads
Ramlaen

Post#9 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:38 pm

cimator wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 pmFor fixing the ability instead of full replacement with something else, my suggestion is;
- Increase the range to 80-100ft around you(still only party members)
- Reduce the cast time to 2.5 or 3 seconds
- Increase the cooldown to 10min if both of the above changes are applied
The nature of AoE rezzes either means they are overpowered or underpowered, it is extremely difficult to balance them. This is why I think it would be better to replace it with an ability useful to the RP playstyle.

If it was up to me I would want a group CD reducer;
"For the next 20 seconds any ability used by your groupmates will cool down 5 seconds faster." instant cast, cost 45 ap and with a 40 second cooldown.
Last edited by Ramlaen on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

normanis

Post#10 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:43 pm

5 sec cast is joke. noone with gtdc or stun/knocks will let u do it, also if u try it use its can be rest of the team will be dead faster than u res those 2.
maby its some kinda pve abilitie
if it was 1 sec cast and stun u for 5 sec than its diferent and increase time to 10 or 5min
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"