Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] How are you specing post mini-buff?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CountTalabecland

[Ironbreaker] How are you specing post mini-buff?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:45 am

As a long time IB fan I am looking at how to spec with the recent changes. I almost exclusively play as SnB guard/buff bot build so that's more what this is geared towards but also would be interested to see how ppl adapt 2h specs to the new changes.

So far I have been running the following:
RoR.builders - Ironbreaker

This build is designed to use the new AP tactic and the snare removal abiility while keeping the tankiness of Shield mastery and the standard parry buff/earthshatter as well as bringing punishing knock with the extra point leftover in case it is needed but most of the time MDPS already supply the heal debuff.

I would like to still bring the crit buff but there simply arent enough points for a good build with crit buff, avenging the debt, and Told Ya So all in one.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Gunma

Re: [Ironbreaker] How are you specing post mini-buff?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:39 am

I'm running:
I just like my GnM. :oops:
Bromley | Ironbreaker
Highbury | Rune Priest

Sciberr

Post#3 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:43 am

CountTalabecland

Post#4 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:04 pm

I often go back and forth in my head on whether 10% block or GnM nets more survivability.

I side with Shield Mastery due to 100% up time and additional damage reduction.

A lot of ppl make a big deal out of having the crit buff but without having speced in that tree already, it seems like not worth throwing 6 points in that tree just for 10% crit.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ramlaen

Post#5 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 pm

Is it really worth running Told Ya So without Grumble?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

ChicagoJoe

Post#6 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 pm Is it really worth running Told Ya So without Grumble?
Good question. I'm only speccing them together after playing around with it a bit but I haven't asked my guardee if they feel the buff. I would expect they do since it is pretty significant. Can someone speak from the perspective of one who has a guard they know is running it?

Side note, the avenging the debt worked in PVE in CT to remove movement debuff on someone whom I applied guard to after they got stuck.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

ChicagoJoe

Post#7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:40 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:45 am As a long time IB fan I am looking at how to spec with the recent changes. I almost exclusively play as SnB guard/buff bot build so that's more what this is geared towards but also would be interested to see how ppl adapt 2h specs to the new changes.

So far I have been running the following:

This build is designed to use the new AP tactic and the snare removal abiility while keeping the tankiness of Shield mastery and the standard parry buff/earthshatter as well as bringing punishing knock with the extra point leftover in case it is needed but most of the time MDPS already supply the heal debuff.

I would like to still bring the crit buff but there simply arent enough points for a good build with crit buff, avenging the debt, and Told Ya So all in one.
I agree that the crit buff sounds nice but I don't think the strength buff stacks or replaces inspiring attack's strength buff so it is even less interesting.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Ostabenny

Post#8 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:08 am

This is what i'm running in our wbs, geared SnB:

IB Build

I feel like avenging the debt is a little expensive in terms of the utility you lose to get it. Same with Grumble n Mutter. And I don't have trouble staying alive so the middle tree just feels like overkill still. But I love that I actually have that choice to make.

Told Ya So is working wonderfully since the fix (so I'm told) really nice change.

Ads
Ostabenny

Post#9 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:15 am

ChicagoJoe wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:36 pm
Ramlaen wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:03 pm Is it really worth running Told Ya So without Grumble?
Good question. I'm only speccing them together after playing around with it a bit but I haven't asked my guardee if they feel the buff. I would expect they do since it is pretty significant. Can someone speak from the perspective of one who has a guard they know is running it?

Side note, the avenging the debt worked in PVE in CT to remove movement debuff on someone whom I applied guard to after they got stuck.
You might have misspoken, but just in case - its not just your guardee for Told Ya So, it's your whole party. I don't run Grumble n Mutter but I've still been told its very good.

For avenging the debt side note it shouldn't matter when you apply oathfriend, just when you use the ability. So the above case seems normal. Pretty handy to help out a teammate who's been caught and about to get crunched - switch oathfriend to them and pop avenging the debt to help them out.

ChicagoJoe

Post#10 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Yes I misspoke. Told ya so whole party ap buff that apparently stacks with other ap buffs.