Recent Topics

Ads

LF Slayer PvE build

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
azraels2368

LF Slayer PvE build

Post#1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:03 pm

I am starting to get my toes dipped in so PvE. I am wondering if anyone out there has a good strong build for PvE starting off with GB.

Currenty lvl 40/65

Thank you in advance for the help.
Azraelss Slayer 40/65

Ads
Muurloen

Re: LF Slayer PvE build

Post#2 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:42 pm

Muurlat DazKrom - Slayer RR8*
Kmuurlat Von Krom - Knight RR8*

Grock

Post#3 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:11 pm

Is there actually a boss where Spellbreaker is useful?

Deep wound has use on some, iirc Gunbad's knight dude and the ghost lady in C&T, but for both of them the healing is better avoided by spreading away from the boss

tbh all you need is this:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4049,4054

For the last tactic switch betewen Flanking, Slaughter and Got No Time For You depending on how your group is performing and how much you struggle with AP and rage generation.

Keep ID up, keep Onslaught up, weave Spine Crusher and Relentless Strike one after another, drop Retribution in big aoe situations and thats pretty much it.
If you have SM with CD reducer you can put 2-3 IDs on different targets, but usually 2 is enough cuz things just die too quickly.
Sometimes you might wanna use Enervating Blow on a boss if tank/healers are struggling.
Don't forget to use Gudrun's and Fierceness
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Muurloen

Post#4 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:16 pm

Grock wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:11 pm Is there actually a boss where Spellbreaker is useful?
With power through you are chaining through your exhaustive blows having a good strong ability in the chain.

I do disagree with your build, but to each their own.

Grock

Post#5 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:25 pm

The Furious exhaust window is like 10 seconds out of MINUTES of hitting the boss, the gain would be negligible, compared to the loss of ID and a tactic slot

The only reason to go 2h is if you don't have decent DW options really, but then you wanna go for Breaking Point + Push for More for tactics, take Cleft in Twain and skip Spellbreaker (unless there's a boss where its useful, which im not aware of)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Muurloen

Post#6 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:51 pm

The only reason to go 2h is that you want a change of pace instead of doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

2h is viable

azraels2368

Post#7 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:19 pm

Thank you everyone for your helpful information. You guys was a big help.
Azraelss Slayer 40/65

Gravord

Post#8 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:46 pm

azraels2368 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:03 pm I am starting to get my toes dipped in so PvE. I am wondering if anyone out there has a good strong build for PvE starting off with GB.

Currenty lvl 40/65

Thank you in advance for the help.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4061,4077

Multiple exhaus abilities in yellow for 75% dmg bonus, no cd Wild Swing and ID in red, clearing hordes of npcs aint gonna be faster than this and still good dmg on bosses.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:31 pm

IDK how much rage management you really need in PvE, not a lot of reason to use your exhausting abilities.

I would say spam ID, Retribution, and Flurry. If you are rr 70, you can bring a bunch of stuff from all three trees while dual wielding but really IMO it doesnt matter.

As pointed out above, you can also be a ST DPS with a finisher spam set up but that's for those who do PvE in 2h, I have never done much with this.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.