Recent Topics

Ads

[IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Parallels66

Re: [IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Post#11 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:16 pm IB punt distance is fine. Sure its not as long as BG and its not on demand, but for the grudge cost its fine. Its not the best but certainly not the worst. Basic Knight punt is the worst and it has the huge cost of a tactic slot to make it better.

2. With all the AoE flying around, in wb v wb this is not a problem. Also not a problem normally if you have any incoming guard damage at all. I would argue block req should be removed only since its kind of pointless in grp play since you always getting hit. Solo you would be using cave-win KD anyhow.

3. I dont think you can fairly argue for having a spammable Shield Sweep while there is a tactic that makes it a cooldown increaser. That would be bonkers OP.

I think the OP needs to spend some time playing the class period.
wanna know how many of the top IBs use the cooldown increaser tactic currently? next to 0. because in group play you basically HAVE to have punishing knock and told ya so to be worth taking at all over other tanks and even then an easy fix would be to adjust the tactic to add a cd and give the spell a CD. even with knights tactic slot useage to make punt better theyre still infinitely more desirable for group play over an IB, IB has the highest skill cap out of any tank yet has the lowest reward. i think you need to relook at the other tanks and understand why things need to change for IB to be desirable over other options before making toxic remarks.
Last edited by Parallels66 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

Ads
Parallels66

Post#12 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:34 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:07 pm
Parallels66 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:26 pm
nocturnalguest wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:00 pm
False.
Before actually writing this you could have spend like a minute to test it out.
FYI IB punt is 65 ft (same as kotbs super punt, difference is Z axis) and 3 seconds air time (5 seconds for kotbs, due to Z axis). It breaks guard range at 1 second time stamp (both ib punt and kotbs super punt).
Altho BO/SM basically has no reliable punt, chosen/kotbs are same in this regards and IB definitely lacking in comparasion to BG.
IB punt is barely a stones throw away lmao unless you punt someone off a cliff with IB, theyre back in the fight within seconds because of the range/height lacking.
What range lacking? You are not able to read or what?
Its the same range as kotbs super punt. You either dont want to listen or just dont understand i guess.
I'll rephrase a bit and add one detail so arrogant false information is not spread further. Detail is - BG punt fly time is same 5 seconds, its Z axis is shortest, speed of flight is highest. In terms of breaking guard range BG ~= kotbs/chosen -> IB -> BO/SM. Difference between BG and chosen/kotbs super punts is 1 second assuming BG used its punt at max rage. Just 1 second, its 1 GCD. In proper 6v6 fights its still a competition of who will dump morales better so that 1 GCD is basically nothing.

I'd like to mention i agree with your main thesis that IB punt is lacking and there is "realm punt disparicy". But it has a very tiny affect (close to non existent) on actual small scale (excluding pug, /5, warfront and any other non competitive environments) balance if to compare meta compositions (bo/bg vs sm/kotbs or kotbs/ib). Thus order classic double slayer group with IB/kotbs will be superior "punts wise" to classic dps dok+we one with BO/BG.
Considering the above what i want to say is - punt disparicy exists? yes. is it a big of an issue? no.
SM also gets a talented punt from shield tree, which is better than Ibs. so id argue the order is more BG ~= kotbs/chosen -> SM -> IB -> BO. and with SM/BO being comparable they also do alot more dps due to magic damage, group buffs, groupshields, group healing builds on SM etc. the comparison isnt even really there.

lyncher12

Post#13 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:36 pm

counttalabecland doesn't really have a clue of the game outside of a funnel or whatever he spends his time doing as evident by his posts. comparing tacticless punt to ib punt, really? what epic tactic are you missing out on with chosen/kotbs by taking the punt tactic?if ib had a punt tactic then yes i would argue it would feel bad to give up a tactic slot but come on.

nocturnalguest

Post#14 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:43 pm

@Parallels66
Well, you cant compare in vacuum. Game is all about group synergies, so it matters only if you look into how "a group" behave against other group. And if you look from such perspective there are no problems at all in this regard.

Parallels66

Post#15 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:47 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:43 pm @Parallels66
Well, you cant compare in vacuum. Game is all about group synergies, so it matters only if you look into how "a group" behave against other group. And if you look from such perspective there are no problems at all in this regard.
anyone who thinks IB is fine in any regard hasnt played the class or spoken to any of the higher performing IB. IBs are in a completely bad state to the point people have quit the game over how broken and busted the class is compared to both other options of tanks.

Sofong

Post#16 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:48 pm

ib dmg and survivability need nerf not buff

CountTalabecland

Post#17 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm

Spoiler:
Parallels66 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:29 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:16 pm IB punt distance is fine. Sure its not as long as BG and its not on demand, but for the grudge cost its fine. Its not the best but certainly not the worst. Basic Knight punt is the worst and it has the huge cost of a tactic slot to make it better.

2. With all the AoE flying around, in wb v wb this is not a problem. Also not a problem normally if you have any incoming guard damage at all. I would argue block req should be removed only since its kind of pointless in grp play since you always getting hit. Solo you would be using cave-win KD anyhow.

3. I dont think you can fairly argue for having a spammable Shield Sweep while there is a tactic that makes it a cooldown increaser. That would be bonkers OP.

wanna know how many of the top IBs use the cooldown increaser tactic currently? next to 0. because in group play you basically HAVE to have punishing knock and told ya so to be worth taking at all over other tanks and even then an easy fix would be to adjust the tactic to add a cd and give the spell a CD. even with knights tactic slot useage to make punt better theyre still infinitely more desirable for group play over an IB, IB has the highest skill cap out of any tank yet has the lowest reward. i think you need to relook at the other tanks and understand why things need to change for IB to be desirable over other options before making toxic remarks.

Lol at "top IBs" didnt realize this was an esport. IB is not hard to play, different sure, but buffbot is not hard.

Also I didnt say anything toxic, you wish list here just evidences someone who needs to play the class more imo.

Cooldown Increaser is not as useful as it could be but so long as you have any Slayers around at all, I don't see why you would use it. Making it spammable is what your initial post said so thats why I said what I said.

Sure a cool down would make sense in that scenario. My point was that making a 100% uptime CD increase would be better than Shatter Limbs but OP AF. I don't know how you give IB a balanced CD increaser while Shatter Limbs exists.

Knight is always going to be preferable in wb v wb due to the way auras work. Until that is changed you are not going to magically buff the IB into the meta. Punts don't matter so long as Knight has grp wide 100% uptime buffs compared to ST buffs of 20 sec duration tops of which half need to be landed with melee.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Parallels66

Post#18 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm
Spoiler:

Lol at "top IBs" didnt realize this was an esport. IB is not hard to play, different sure, but buffbot is not hard.

Also I didnt say anything toxic, you wish list here just evidences someone who needs to play the class more imo.

Cooldown Increaser is not as useful as it could be but so long as you have any Slayers around at all, I don't see why you would use it. Making it spammable is what your initial post said so thats why I said what I said.

Sure a cool down would make sense in that scenario. My point was that making a 100% uptime CD increase would be better than Shatter Limbs but OP AF. I don't know how you give IB a balanced CD increaser while Shatter Limbs exists.

Knight is always going to be preferable in wb v wb due to the way auras work. Until that is changed you are not going to magically buff the IB into the meta. Punts don't matter so long as Knight has grp wide 100% uptime buffs compared to ST buffs of 20 sec duration tops of which half need to be landed with melee.
games dont have to be a "esport" for there to be degrees of skill. people reconise names and players abilities for a reason.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#19 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:10 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:36 pm counttalabecland doesn't really have a clue of the game outside of a funnel or whatever he spends his time doing as evident by his posts. comparing tacticless punt to ib punt, really? what epic tactic are you missing out on with chosen/kotbs by taking the punt tactic?if ib had a punt tactic then yes i would argue it would feel bad to give up a tactic slot but come on.
While I think Nocturnalguest put your punt argument to bed with this thing called evidence. It doesnt matter what tactic is "given up," the fact is that they need a tactic for a bigger punt and have given up bringing something else. Its not like Knight has one tactic loadout with punt tactic and nothing else to bring. Knight/Chosen and IB punt all being the same distance is fine, find something else to whine about.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

CountTalabecland

Post#20 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:12 pm

Spoiler:
Parallels66 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:06 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm
Spoiler:

games dont have to be a "esport" for there to be degrees of skill. people reconise names and players abilities for a reason.
Ok then, start listing some names of these top players as well as the ones you claim quit?