Recent Topics

Ads

[IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
hammerhead

Re: [IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Post#41 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 pm

ChicagoJoe wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:47 pm To someone who replied earlier, for guarded attack, are you saying the incremental armor adjustment adds over a green armor pot? Is that confirmed? Maybe it should add armor or remove a armor debuff.
Yes exactly. Top down - no pot, with pot, with pot and gurded attacks.
Therefore, armor pot as well as strength/tough pot is useless for a breaker. I put on [Lasting Hooked Ointment] going into battle. Everything else is at the breaker, out of the box.
Spoiler:
I wrote nonsense here about Gusting Wind. Confused, my fault. I mean, of course, the spirit debuff, Wrath of Hoeth. :oops:
(\|)o0(|/)

Ads
zulnam

Post#42 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 pm

hammerhead wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 pm
ChicagoJoe wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:47 pm To someone who replied earlier, for guarded attack, are you saying the incremental armor adjustment adds over a green armor pot? Is that confirmed? Maybe it should add armor or remove a armor debuff.
Therefore, armor pot as well as strength/tough pot is useless for a breaker. I put on [Lasting Hooked Ointment] going into battle. Everything else is at the breaker, out of the box.
Spoiler:
It doesn't really add, per say; it replaces the pot for the duration of the buff. Since a regualr pot gives 660 and GA (depending on how you're specced) can give 880+ armor. So it gives you an extra 200-300 armor above the pot.

Honestly not sure if it's worth the GCD. In a heated fight, expecting everyone is potted, you can use a lot of other abilities to buff you oathfriend or provide AP for the group. 300 extra armor for 2 people (1 of them a tank and already hard to kill) sounds a bit meh.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

hammerhead

Post#43 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:39 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:48 pm
hammerhead wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:35 pm
Spoiler:
It doesn't really add, per say; it replaces the pot for the duration of the buff. Since a regualr pot gives 660 and GA (depending on how you're specced) can give 880+ armor. So it gives you an extra 200-300 armor above the pot.

Honestly not sure if it's worth the GCD. In a heated fight, expecting everyone is potted, you can use a lot of other abilities to buff you oathfriend or provide AP for the group. 300 extra armor for 2 people (1 of them a tank and already hard to kill) sounds a bit meh.
I usually start with him and see no reason not to do so. But I agree that the effect is minimal (and taking into account the runprist proc buff is just scanty), so a year or two ago we started topics with a request to make a debuff instead of useless buffs in a balanced group. But they did not succeed.
I first collected an offset because I thought that I had to put an end to the IB and all that remained was to run them around scenes. And the mainspec was already finishing after the IB upgrade. Nevertheless, I know all the horrors of pugging in CS.
(\|)o0(|/)

Mortgrimm

Post#44 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:00 pm

In my opinion the IB doesn´t need more aoe abilities, that´s the roll of an IB. He is a single target tank. And that´s good for me.
But it seems like we only need the defensive buffs like parry. All other abilities are kinda worthless cause the buffs fe strenght, toughness and armor don´t stack with pots, auras and healer buffs. And that´s the main issue. If they change that, IB would be a great tank. It would be only for our oathfriend anyway, Atm it´s useless to do more then klick on the buffs and just run as AP battery.
I really wanna see they change the buff stack, even if it´s a small amount. Since years i only read patches for other classes and the IB stays in the dark.
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

hammerhead

Post#45 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Mortgrimm wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:00 pm In my opinion the IB doesn´t need more aoe abilities, that´s the roll of an IB. He is a single target tank. And that´s good for me.
But it seems like we only need the defensive buffs like parry. All other abilities are kinda worthless cause the buffs fe strenght, toughness and armor don´t stack with pots, auras and healer buffs. And that´s the main issue. If they change that, IB would be a great tank. It would be only for our oathfriend anyway, Atm it´s useless to do more then klick on the buffs and just run as AP battery.
I really wanna see they change the buff stack, even if it´s a small amount. Since years i only read patches for other classes and the IB stays in the dark.
I'm wondering where this parry buff needs to be put so that the dwarf won't take it, because now the defensive IB has such a level of protection that no tank has. You can jump from the wall into a red porridge, ask what the weather is in IC and get out of there with 3/4 health without straining the heal.
On the other hand, 2H are deprived of protection mainly due to they take 1/3 trees, and Seasoned Veteran only works on a block. It would be super cool if this tactic worked on parry even at the cost if it was swapped with a Shield Mastery.
(\|)o0(|/)

Mortgrimm

Post#46 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:24 pm

hammerhead wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:49 pm
Mortgrimm wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:00 pm In my opinion the IB doesn´t need more aoe abilities, that´s the roll of an IB. He is a single target tank. And that´s good for me.
I'm wondering where this parry buff needs to be put so that the dwarf won't take it, because now the defensive IB has such a level of protection that no tank has. You can jump from the wall into a red porridge, ask what the weather is in IC and get out of there with 3/4 health without straining the heal.
On the other hand, 2H are deprived of protection mainly due to they take 1/3 trees, and Seasoned Veteran only works on a block. It would be super cool if this tactic worked on parry even at the cost if it was swapped with a Shield Mastery.
Yes, true. The IB is very tanky. I just wanna see our ability/buffs stack with others. Atm it´s kinda pointless to use real abilities.
Resist and toughness buff against buff or aura from healers and knight, armor and strenght buff against WP buff or pots. There is no benefit to use abilities.
Punishing knock tactic only usable in small groups, useless in wb cause aoe dmg.
We IB´s could be so much more. As i said, even if our buffs stack for a small amount. That would be great.
If i read the tooltips i get the feeling i talk to kids. "yes, papa, but ..."
Mortgrimm - IB - guild leader of Thurisaz
Sayalena - WL - Thurisaz
Thorhammer - WP - Thurisaz

ashton007

Post#47 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:40 pm

As someone that likes to play 2h IB I would definitely agree with that first part. I don't understand needing a tactic to get 5 grudge per hit. And with our crit being reliant on 50 grudge and the constant spending of grudges to keep our 10 sec buffs up makes it feel like a juggle. you cant do damage and utility like the other thanks and i find that to be ****.

ashton007

Post#48 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:35 pm

some things I think would help only slightly.... 1.) Make rising anger passive, its shitty to have to use a tactic slot for this. 2.) Give rune etched axe a grudge cost and take the cooldown off. (this way our first one will ignore armor but not after that unless were building grudge faster than we can spend) 3.) Ancestor's fury... Make this ability last for 20 seconds the 2h knights get this ability in the form of a debuff for anyone hitting their target. theirs lasts 10 sec on a 20 sec cd... it stands to reason that the IB's costing them mechanic points and only being for themselves and 1 oath friend should at least outlast the knights on a single target (basic math boys). 4.) Watch an learn, make the Weaponskill buff component last for 20 sec as to mirror the Black orcs Spammable spreadable ws buff, again it costs grudge and SHOULD be stronger, considering IB deals physical damage and right now its crap I think this would help him considerably. 5.) Oathbound. Make the self buff last for 20 sec 10 sec on oathfriend. this ability costs grudge and has to be spammed a lot just for self survival it should atleast last 15 sec like the chosens parry buff.

These changes are mostly regarding 2h IB as some of us don't like snb playstyle with shield sweep and such. If you feel the duration increases warrant a grudge cost increase as well then so be it. But Other tanks have these tools more readily available with less cost or no effort at all while doing way more damage and being way more viable in warbands.... (BG/BO/SM/kobs) lol.
Also feel free to use my ideas for proposals you can quote me my IB's name is Tholin But i have every Destro tank over 70 in full invader or better and IB is clearly the least favorite step child.

Ads
Starx

Post#49 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:15 pm

OP just give up, look at these morons. These people (the community) who are so high on their own **** they will never admit IB needs buffs. It's sad but I gave up like 4 years ago. Im not sure why but these people get some kind of satisfaction of playing on a underdog class to the point where they actively resist anything positive being done to the class.

hammerhead

Post#50 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:52 am

Starx wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:15 pm OP just give up, look at these morons. These people (the community) who are so high on their own **** they will never admit IB needs buffs. It's sad but I gave up like 4 years ago. Im not sure why but these people get some kind of satisfaction of playing on a underdog class to the point where they actively resist anything positive being done to the class.
Surrender

(\|)o0(|/)