Recent Topics

Ads

[IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Parallels66

Re: [IB]Ideas on IB buffs to try and make them more comparable to other tanks.

Post#51 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:56 am

hammerhead wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:52 am
Starx wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:15 pm OP just give up, look at these morons. These people (the community) who are so high on their own **** they will never admit IB needs buffs. It's sad but I gave up like 4 years ago. Im not sure why but these people get some kind of satisfaction of playing on a underdog class to the point where they actively resist anything positive being done to the class.
Surrender

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA i love this!
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

Ads
Earthcake

Post#52 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:38 am

Reposting here something i wrote in "Who s next?" discussion about future reworks :

As far as IB is concerned, the problem isn t armor stacking in my oppinion, it is that IB is the only class in the game having to spend 46% (best case scenario, in reality it s much more than that) of it s time buffing ppl, not doing anything else (if u wanna keep all buffs that are not tied to attacks with a 100% uptime).

So u may look at IBs skills and say "oh, that s VERY strong, IBs do not need any buff!", but u r forgetting that the IB is only using these skills half the time compared to other classes, and that s a HUGE difference.
If u r using skills only half the time, then they shld be stronger than other classes skills, period. Problem is balancing this so that IBs do not get overpowered...

skillordz

Post#53 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:07 pm

that's it, buffbot, rotation= buff, bufff , earthshater, bufff, buff, buff, buff, taunt, ,buff buf buf, kb, buff buff buff, kd, buff buff buff, cd increaser, buff buff bufff
+1

scatterthewinds

Post#54 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:45 pm

As an IB main it is a strong class in both orvr and 6 man. I don't want to say the cliche "learn to play" insult, but this thread may genuinely be a lack of experience, game knowledge or execution. You can pm me in game if you have specific questions - Wideputinxxx

Fey

Post#55 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:14 am

Clearly people resent the, buffbot, nature of the class. To me it's like resenting the skill lockout nature of BO/SM, but whatever. Would increasing the buff duration to 20 seconds appease anyone? IB is still the best mdps pocket guard isn't it?

Make the tactic, Rising Anger, a passive buff; increase duration of oathfriend to 15 or 20 seconds. If you want to change the fundamental buffbot nature of the class good luck to you.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

scatterthewinds

Post#56 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:43 am

I wouldn't make those changes. A fundamental part of the class is oathfriend swapping like guard swapping when you need to.

The reason why you don't naturally generate grudge from hitting someone (like hate) is because the buffs from grudge are far better than those of hate - so that's the trade off.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#57 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:05 am

Earthcake wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:38 am Reposting here something i wrote in "Who s next?" discussion about future reworks :

As far as IB is concerned, the problem isn t armor stacking in my oppinion, it is that IB is the only class in the game having to spend 46% (best case scenario, in reality it s much more than that) of it s time buffing ppl, not doing anything else (if u wanna keep all buffs that are not tied to attacks with a 100% uptime).

So u may look at IBs skills and say "oh, that s VERY strong, IBs do not need any buff!", but u r forgetting that the IB is only using these skills half the time compared to other classes, and that s a HUGE difference.
If u r using skills only half the time, then they shld be stronger than other classes skills, period. Problem is balancing this so that IBs do not get overpowered...
Why 46%? As scatterthewinds explained, the IB is obviously designed to swap oathfriend to the guy that needs it most at the moment (otherwise it would be tied to guard, not?). So you can spend 100% of your time buffing ppl, if its worth it. The number 46% looks arbitrary.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Arkteryx

Post#58 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:37 am

Arbich wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:05 am
Earthcake wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:38 am Reposting here something i wrote in "Who s next?" discussion about future reworks :

Why 46%? As scatterthewinds explained, the IB is obviously designed to swap oathfriend to the guy that needs it most at the moment (otherwise it would be tied to guard, not?). So you can spend 100% of your time buffing ppl, if its worth it. The number 46% looks arbitrary.
46% is a calculation someone did on the minimum amount of your time it takes to maintain buffs on a single oathfriend. I forget which thread, but it's on the forums somewhere. So maintaining buffs on two people takes over 90% of your gcd's and three is impossible.
Last edited by Arkteryx on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#59 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:42 am

Arkteryx wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:37 am
Arbich wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:05 am

46% is a calculation someone did on the minimum amount of your time it takes to maintain buffs on a single oathfriend. So maintaining buffs on two people takes over 90% of your gcd's and three is impossible.
Earthcake made clearer calculation here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=42544
Zputadenti

scatterthewinds

Post#60 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:09 pm

You don't "have" to spend 46% of your time doing anything. You only buff what is necessary, and what is necessary varies on the situation and party composition. The rest of the time you're doing the usual tank things in orvr/city or off tank things in 6 man scenarios/roaming.