Recent Topics

Ads

Newbie Engi, looking for Tinkerer/Magnet advice

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Qwack

Newbie Engi, looking for Tinkerer/Magnet advice

Post#1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:41 pm

So I have a level 35 Engi and am gonna play Tinkerer/Magnet a while. It may not be the best DPS and typically requires a group to be effective, but want to have fun with it a while.
What tactics should I use? Am currently running Tracer Rounds, Extra Ammo, Pierce Defense and Reinforced Casing. Since Tracer Rounds and Extra Ammo require a turret, and since my turret gets killed too often, decided to swap Masterful Aim for Reinforced Casing.

Anyone got thoughts on better Tactics? Again, am only 35 so maybe I cant do the best Tactics yet.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
Crumbs

Re: Newbie Engi, looking for Tinkerer/Magnet advice

Post#2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:33 pm

Wouldn't use reinforced casing in PvP, it has a use for solo pve grinding but not a great tactic overall. I'd slot the armor tactic or expert skirmisher for faster casts/turrets in melee range. As a magnet engi you don't want any weaponskill and will want max deft defender from renown to stack with your flame turret defensive buff. I can link a build for you once I finish work.

Once you get well oiled machine tactic I would pick that one as a primary tactic over any other if you didn't already have it slotted
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

catholicism198

Post#3 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:08 am

It depends on what you’re playing. Sc? Orvr?
Overall, Tinkerer isn’t a damage spec so you can get rid of tracer rounds. As for reinforced casing, it won’t keep your turret alive for any longer. once someone sneezes on it. It’s over.

You’ll be better off stacking defenses since you appear to be speccing for utility rather than damage.

Qwack

Post#4 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:35 pm

Thanks for the advice. Will primarily run ORVR for now. Its unlikely I will run Magnet at much higher levels, just doing it for fun now. Later on will switch to pure DPS once my gear/RR improves and I start running SC guild groups.

Glorian

Post#5 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:46 pm

Pretty much what Mekanik wrotes.
As a Tinkerer you are pretty closets the frontline.
Instant Turret tactic, armor tactic.
Then on RR Deft Defender and use the Flame Turret for maximum range Bonus on Friction Burn, Blunderbuss, and the Dodge Bonus from the highest wound Turret.

Get the addon loyal pet and Turret range.
Set loyal pet Flame Turret to not use Steam Vent. The range is to short and the Turret auto attack has a far bigger range and hits more targets in the front. Steam Vent blocks in its run the auto attack.

Qwack

Post#6 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm

Thanks Glorian, great advice. Will probably come to the forums in a month or two asking for DPS advice :).

BTW, anyone else tired of seeing that Skanky Lindsey Lohan in forum ads? She looks ruff and hungover. LOL

Glorian

Post#7 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Qwack wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:23 pm Thanks Glorian, great advice. Will probably come to the forums in a month or two asking for DPS advice :).

BTW, anyone else tired of seeing that Skanky Lindsey Lohan in forum ads? She looks ruff and hungover. LOL
Forum Adds are personalized.
I see Swords and Russian Models in blackened Plate Armor. -25% till Christmas.

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:15 pm

And why do you suggest no weapon skill? Blunderbuss is physical damage and you use it often
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Crumbs

Post#9 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:16 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:15 pm And why do you suggest no weapon skill? Blunderbuss is physical damage and you use it often
You don't touch blunderbuss until you have one of the specific sets to utilise this ability properly, and you need massive weaponskill to deal damage with it which means you be low on defenses in a build meant for melee range play. I don't recommend you try to use this ability or build around it unless you know exactly what you're doing.

This ability is what makes me lose brain cells when I try to understand why the class was designed that way, and still IS left that way.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

abezverkhiy

Post#10 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:51 am

What specific sets are you talking about?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354